Science deniers shouldn't build rockets

WhoTom

“Mad Mike” Hughes, an amateur engineer, daredevil and “Flat Earth” conspiracy theorist whose beliefs pushed him to prove it with homemade rockets, died Saturday when his steam-powered rocket crashed shortly after takeoff outside Barstow, California.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/flat-earth-daredevil-mad-mike-hughes-dead-rocket-crash-956948

I had this on my alerts this morning......something seems intrinsically wrong with this statement. Probably not a great idea to explore the final frontier on a shoestring budget. 

Saturday's launch was supposed to be featured in “Homemade Astronauts,” a series on the Science Channel, according to Discovery.com. The series followed people looking to "explore the final frontier on limited budgets," the company said.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

He probably should have put a little more emphasis on parachute technology. 

He was using a king size sheet, and things would have been fine except he used a fitted sheet, and everyone knows they are impossible to work with. I can’t even FOLD one!

What shocks me most is that this guy lasted until the ripe old age of 64. If I don’t outlast HIM I’m going to be VERY upset! 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Augie said:

He was using a king size sheet, and things would have been fine except he used a fitted sheet, and everyone knows they are impossible to work with. I can’t even FOLD one!

What shocks me most is that this guy lasted until the ripe old age of 64. If I don’t outlast HIM I’m going to be VERY upset! 

What stunts do you have planned? 

26 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

^

"And all the science, I don't understand. It's not my job five days a week..."

People also ask:   How did Major Tom die?

"...It is assumed that, sadly, Tom died in the process of re-entry, but in fact he has faked his death so he can return to the depths of space, which he now considers his home."

3 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Unless he reproduced prior to bringing about his own demise. (I'm not sure if he did.)

Still counts as he can no longer add to the gene pool. 

Really a stupid way to  go.

Sad. But really, really dumb.

40 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Obviously someone wanted him dead before he found out the truth! 

He was threatening to announce his role in faking the moon landing. BTW, part of his message was that the moon is also as flat as a postage stamp.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, WhoTom said:

“Mad Mike” Hughes, an amateur engineer, daredevil and “Flat Earth” conspiracy theorist whose beliefs pushed him to prove it with homemade rockets, died Saturday when his steam-powered rocket crashed shortly after takeoff outside Barstow, California.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/flat-earth-daredevil-mad-mike-hughes-dead-rocket-crash-956948

I'll counter your thread title by saying that more science deniers should be building rockets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1