Sign in to follow this  
Tipster19

Would you give our 2020 1st rd pick to the Lions for Kenny Golliday?

37 minutes ago, Billl said:

Golladay has had a catch percentage between 56% and 59% every year of his career.  His production is the result of volume rather than efficiency.  116 targets last year resulted in only 65 catches.  Compare that to Diggs who had 63 catches on only 94 targets.

Golladay's TD # this year was exceptional, but that's an outlier this far in his career.  That one start notwithstanding, there's nothing particularly special about him.  He's a lower tier #1.  Diggs is a much better player.

I agree w/the bolded but that's it. Stafford was injured this season and Golladay suffered but he has elite size/speed/strength combo and solid hands. He's a complete wideout imo, right near that top tier of guys and is a legit WR1 on most teams. 

IMO, the Bills desperately need a WR1 in 2020 and the chances of getting one in the draft who would be that from opening day is between slim and none.  At best, they could expect a WR taken #22 to eventually develop into a WR1.  Moreover, not only is the draft is much more a crapshoot than acquiring a top veteran, I'm an advocate of taking BPA over need.  I don't want to see the Bills take a WR with only second round talent at #22 because they need a WR and pass on a much better prospect at another position like OL, RB or DB.

Either trading for a WR like Golladay or Diggs or signing a top vet in FA works for me.  Acquire a top veteran WR and draft a promising one.  If the Bills are serious about building a perennial playoff contender, they have to put quality talent around their QB no matter who that QB is.  Look at what having top offensive talent did for both the Saints and the Chiefs when their starting QBs were injured and missed games early in the season.   

Of course we should, he has everything we need size and production. Just look at what lofton did for us in the 90's. Add a wideout like Reed in the draft, and a pass rusher in free agency and they can take the next step ro greatness. 

Edited by ScorpionZero

Sign in to follow this