Better Call Saul: Season 5 Trailer - 23 Feb

/dev/null

16 minutes ago, row_33 said:

so when Jessie and Walt took Saul out to the wilderness to fake execute him, he yelled out Lalo's name, right?

So this will take a bit of a leap to keep Lalo's memory alive well into BB while putting him out of the picture....  :D

Saul mentioned Nacho to Walt and Jessie.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

He mentioned both.

the night scene he said Lalo... oops, that will require some plot bending  :D

the day scene was Ignachio (sp)

so Lalo has to be gone and Tio is taken care of by Tuco

so Lalo is still around at this point in BB?

gee he has taken on a very reduced role in the Salamanca Empire, but still enough for Saul to think it's Lalo about to kill him,  into season 2 of BB...  :(

Edited by row_33

Ahhh ok.  I haven't watched Breaking Bad in a while now.  I know everyone jumped on the Nacho line once he was introduced in Better Call Saul, but I don't remember as much of a reaction when Lalo was introduced.  Of course, it could just be the 10 year break between seasons that makes me completely lose track of these things.

49 minutes ago, shrader said:

Ahhh ok.  I haven't watched Breaking Bad in a while now.  I know everyone jumped on the Nacho line once he was introduced in Better Call Saul, but I don't remember as much of a reaction when Lalo was introduced.  Of course, it could just be the 10 year break between seasons that makes me completely lose track of these things.

just the mention by Saul in his outburst, a few seasons later Hector taunts Tio that every Salamanca is dead except Joaquin, so Lalo dies somehow between those 2 BB episodes.

15 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

He mentioned both in the same scene...

Saul: No, no, no, no, no it was Ignacio, he's the one

Jessie: Shutup

Saul: Lalo sent you? De Lalo?

Dont know how you guys remember all this stuff. I can barely keep with the names of the characters on the current show :D

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Dont know how you guys remember all this stuff. I can barely keep with the names of the characters on the current show :D

The best would be if Lalo was adlibbed or it was a mistake so they had to invent the character after the fact

watched BB as it aired and then in a second view wondered who the heck was Lalo, he was so vital that Saul thought he was  doing the hit.

Maybe he winds up in worse shape than Hector, needs a monkey to ring the bell for him?

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just got caught up with the 4 episodes this season today (home the last few days with a child who just had their tonsils out so while she sat watching videos on my phone I caught up on Saul.

The facility Gus took Lalo to he said was supposed to be the new Chiller for the chicken farm, basically a refrigerator that keeps things just above freezing. I believe this is in addition to the underground meth lab that's not complete yet as they sent all the workers home because Lalo was snooping around. (That chiller facility may have been the building where they were housing the workers).

So far I have found the season to be a little slow. We are already almost half way through I believe. After the last episode I guess the start of it was at the time in the future and he was looking for something to use to vandalize Hamlin's car with when he bought the bowling balls? Don't really know what the point of that is so far. Same with Mike going back to get in a fight withe the guys on the street, unless that's his way of "paying for the bad hes done to others"  as he's feeling bad for killing the German and for snapping on his granddaughter? But how does he go from a subdivision to what looks like a hospital/convent in Mexico? Kim seems to really be battling herself in that she hates her job unless she is helping the little guy fight for what's right, which is kinda what Jimmy is thinking he's doing with his work when he is just helping scum bags get off on technicalities (although the stunt he pulled in the court with having the wrong guy next to him as the defendant was really good

It moves at a snails pace, a second watch lets me fast forward through half of it because nothing happens

still a good show, I watch it only because of BB enjoyment though 

Gus tossing away $700,000 or so would have damaged his plans, which the feds boast about as their biggest seizure in BB

Edited by row_33

4 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

After the last episode I guess the start of it was at the time in the future and he was looking for something to use to vandalize Hamlin's car with when he bought the bowling balls? Don't really know what the point of that is so far

I think the opening scene was set chronologically in the middle of the episode (after the lunch with Hamlin).  The bowling balls were the last act of Jimmy McGill.

But how does he go from a subdivision to what looks like a hospital/convent in Mexico?

Gus

although the stunt he pulled in the court with having the wrong guy next to him as the defendant was really good

That was some Perry Mason **** right there

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Have people been disappointed with this recent season? This was on page 3 and no one talking about the last couple episodes. I just caught up watching the last 2 episodes last night.

Not disappointed at all. I thought the latest episode was fantastic. I think people are just not into discussing this and other shows lately due to the pandemic. 

31 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Have people been disappointed with this recent season? This was on page 3 and no one talking about the last couple episodes. I just caught up watching the last 2 episodes last night.

I loved the exchange between Gus and Mike at the end of the previous week's episode

Gus: Because you understand

Mike: Understrand what?

Gus: Revenge

• Like (+1) 2