Browns hiring Alex Van Pelt as OC

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

True. Unsure if he will call plays considering Stefanski may want to do that 

I'm kind of thinking he may be an OC in name only - a Curtis Modkins to Chan Gailey type or Nate Hackett to Doug Marrone.

Not sure Stefanski will have the moxie to let an inexperienced OC design the offensive system and have the reins to design the game plan and call the plays out of the gate.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm kind of thinking he may be an OC in name only - a Curtis Modkins to Chan Gailey type or Nate Hackett to Doug Marrone.

Not sure Stefanski will have the moxie to let an inexperienced OC design the offensive system and have the reins to design the game plan and call the plays out of the gate.

Yep.   Its a paycheck, though.   

Not seeing a real good personality fit between AVP and the Commercial King, however...

47 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Odder still it doesn't appear AVP had a previous relationship with Stefanski.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

It’s like the browns never want to be good. Just dumb people making stupid decisions...

Their owner doesn't seem to know how to run a football team if ask me. Very much like Ralph Wilson.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I'm sure he considers a step up in his career since he's no longer a QB coach but I wouldn't want that job if I were him.

That may be the answer to your comment that you couldn't find a connection between him and Stefanski. 

Maybe everyone else he called said "Thanks but No Thanks, I'm good"

Alternatively, maybe they felt if he could work with Aaron Rodgers for 4 years, he can work with Baker