Hedge

The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

34 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

Are you a 

B

T

?

Your answers are so weird. 

I'm not sure what you are asking. You made a point, I believe, that maybe people are being laid off for no reason. If I misinterpreted that, let me know. I was not attacking you. 

50 minutes ago, shoshin said:

This conversation is not on point in this thread but of course, we all do. Overpopulation is a problem in China, India, Pakistan, Indodesia and other areas. The best solution to overpopulation is the education of women. Not sex education, just plain education. The developing world is a constant petri dish of disease and strife because of too many bodies, and too few resources. 

This denies a basic fundamental truth: More people does not equate to more scarcity. I'd urge you to start watching some futurism videos while you're stuck at home. A good starter would be the YouTuber Isaac Arthur. His day job is a physicist and astronomer, so he's got some really interesting stuff.

Just now, meazza said:

Though I understand the point of your meme, it isn’t a cure.

It isn't a cure until it has been tested enough? We all know it needs further testing to see how it reacts with the peculiarities of Covid-19 but in the desert even a glass of muddy water is appreciated. We need the studies but we also need to let the doctors and patients figure out what's the best for those particular patients. Otherwise we might just as well have community college graduates plug everything into a computer and have the computer direct the treatment. Enough anecdotes will eventually be considered a trial. If only Trump hadn't looked at HCQ as a possible cure we might not have all these objections by people mainly on the left. 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This Week has very little credibility as it has the finger prints of George Stephanopolous all over it.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Skeptical 1

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

You don't have any credibility at all 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You don't have any credibility at all 

Poloncarz says that laundromats are essential services.  Get back to work!

9 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Poloncarz says that laundromats are essential services.  Get back to work!

But can Tibs still make that extra scratch by folding the laundry, or is that in violation of social distancing?

10 hours ago, meazza said:

Fauci has claimed himself that if he was to have the virus, that he would request to be in a clinical trial.  

The reality is that the most effective solution is social distancing and he probably doesn’t want anyone to lay off the accelerator.

Anecdotal evidence and surveys doesn’t not equate science.

BS.  If Fauci had Wuhan virus and his symptoms started to get worse, he'd take HCQ.  Because people have been helped by it and there is no other treatment at present.  Hell remdesivir, if it works, won't be without side effects.

But yes, prevention is the best method.

10 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Right. Wishing more was done sooner is much different than reasonably expecting Trump or anyone else to know what serious steps would need to be taken before the end of Feb. When you point out he did more sooner than any one else, like restrict travel from China, they counter with things like, “Well over 300,00 people who had been in China traveled here before he enacted the ban.” They fail to mention that most of them traveled here when there were few cases outside of China, the WHO was still telling the world there were no instances of human to human transfer of the virus, and that most Democrats were opposed to the ban. I have yet to have one of them provide what evidence they feel was compelling enough to them to say It is reasonable to believe Trump should have known how serious it was going to be and should have done more sooner.

10 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Just hate the dems act and talk like all saviors but would do lots of nothing......

Hindsight is 20/20.  If they want to play the "what it" game, the other side can do it as well.  The only way to have prevented this from devastating the country was shutting down the borders as soon as the first case was reported in China, which was never going to happen.

10 hours ago, njbuff said:

Diabetic patients like myself could be extremely vulnerable to this drug. At least that is what I was told.

I will believe it if it came down to it.

Luckily I am so far away from everyone that I don't get this disease, so this might all be mute. 😀

Diabetic patients are extremely susceptible to Wuhan virus.  But like you said, if you needed to, you'd take HCQ.

And stay safe.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

But can Tibs still make that extra scratch by folding the laundry, or is that in violation of social distancing?

He's good to go as long as he wears a mask.

11 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

He's good to go as long as he wears a mask.

Yes, but that cuts down on his "service job(s)"

Are people that test for it and aren’t hospitalized allowed to get HCQ or is just an emergency thing?

17 hours ago, daz28 said:

Was anyone charged with inciting the hate crime assault, or do we have to wait until January for that?

in case you were unaware, this past January they passed a bail reform law. as part of a natural evolution of it, they have just stopped arresting people at all.

2 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Are people that test for it and aren’t hospitalized allowed to get HCQ or is just an emergency thing?

Lord...HCQ....You know what would have saved 10's of thousands of lives and trillions in economic activity? Starting our current state of action in February instead of the end of March, having all states adhere to a common protocol...you know....having our general ***** together.....which will still have more lives and economic activity than HCQ ever will ....and yet here the nation is ....talking about HCQ like its a difference maker...

• Haha (+1) 2

STACY MCCAIN: Coronavirus: The Wrong Numbers. Will the media ever admit the failure of doomsday projections? 

What matters, from the perspective of avoiding a crisis that overwhelms our health-care system, is not how many people are infected with the coronavirus, but rather the number of patients hospitalized.

As tests for the Chinese virus have become more widely available, a majority of people who test positive — more than 80 percent in some states — are never hospitalized. Earlier projections of a system-crashing crisis have so far been proven false, but the media refuse to acknowledge the failure of the doomsday prophets and their computer-generated pandemic models.”

I’d say it’s a little early to declare victory yet, but I did just hear from a doc in New Orleans that his ICU was full, but not overloaded.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Lord...HCQ....You know what would have saved 10's of thousands of lives and trillions in economic activity? Starting our current state of action in February instead of the end of March, having all states adhere to a common protocol...you know....having our general ***** together.....which will still have more lives and economic activity than HCQ ever will ....and yet here the nation is ....talking about HCQ like its a difference maker...

is there literally ANY topic you're right on?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

PROPERLY TARGETED, BUDGET CUTS WOULD PROBABLY MAKE THE FDA MUCH MORE PRODUCTIVE: 

FDA Bureaucracy Grows 79% Since 2007.

ANY cuts now will be regarded as "Gutting" the FDA..........😐

9 minutes ago, TH3 said:

If my aunt had a penis, she'd be my uncle. 

(This needs updating in our new world. A saying lost to the ages I guess.)

February was a lost month, 2017-2019 were lost years. But here we are now. No responsible person is whining about HCQ. Maybe it helps. Maybe it doesn't. In cases where it doesn't hurt a patient, it's worth a shot because of anecdotal evidence and because the virus is moving faster than the data. 

But we've already had conflicting actual preliminary tests about its effectiveness. That's not a political observation.