The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

For consideration -- still reading/vetting myself: 

https://archive.is/ONUmi

All that hilariously misguided and counterproductive criticism the media piled on chloroquine (purely for political reasons) as a viable treatment will now go down as the biggest Fake News blunder to rule them all. The media actively engaged their activism to fight ‘bad orange man’ at the cost of thousands of lives. Shame on them.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

For consideration -- still reading/vetting myself: 

https://archive.is/ONUmi

All that hilariously misguided and counterproductive criticism the media piled on chloroquine (purely for political reasons) as a viable treatment will now go down as the biggest Fake News blunder to rule them all. The media actively engaged their activism to fight ‘bad orange man’ at the cost of thousands of lives. Shame on them.

I still remember the journalist in the WH Press Corps accusing Trump of peddling false hope with the drug, the MSM piling on, and Governors in numerous states refusing to allow doctors to use it - ALL from strictly a political stance. 

I wonder if anyone will start screaming about the lives lost because of their delays in allowing the drug to be used.....?

That was a rhetorical question

• Like (+1) 4

59 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not sure why someone would make that news a cynical moment. On the facts, this would be a problem if it's true that the US would be cut off from HCQ's manufacture. Mylan just fired up production of HCQ here in West Virginia, though I couldn't find an estimate for domestic production or when the drugs will actually start being produced.

If Covid-19 catches in India, they will need anything that could help much more than us. India is like NYC+1.4 billion people minus our healthcare and diligence in enforcing quarantine. If you pray, pray it doesn't catch there. We will be OK, relatively speaking, compared to most places. 

Edited by shoshin

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Not sure why someone would make that news a cynical moment.

Because many in the media/entertainment/DNC would rather see people die than Trump be proven correct. This has been the MO since 2016. 

For clarity on Fauci's stance, which shows GarBear is wrong (again)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc said:

BS.  If Fauci had Wuhan virus and his symptoms started to get worse, he'd take HCQ.  Because people have been helped by it and there is no other treatment at present.  Hell remdesivir, if it works, won't be without side effects.

But yes, prevention is the best method.

Hindsight is 20/20.  If they want to play the "what it" game, the other side can do it as well.  The only way to have prevented this from devastating the country was shutting down the borders as soon as the first case was reported in China, which was never going to happen.

Diabetic patients are extremely susceptible to Wuhan virus.  But like you said, if you needed to, you'd take HCQ.

And stay safe.

Right Doc. Trump did a amazing thing closing borders down. Dems wouldn't do that. There talking and acting tough can do better than Trump. But if they were in power nothing will be done. 

Ya i'm a Independent. Obama and Bush made me hate them badly. Was like this for Trump but people here helped me with how well he has done for USA.  He is doing really well imo. Like how he is doing things. Some things I questioned. But has done well. Look at the truths, facts over hate for a person.

Gr none of my family not keep me update so I know nothing on niece. I care but wish people keep me updated.  Might take sometime to know..

Cannot wait this virus to go away.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I still remember the journalist in the WH Press Corps accusing Trump of peddling false hope with the drug, the MSM piling on, and Governors in numerous states refusing to allow doctors to use it - ALL from strictly a political stance. 

I wonder if anyone will start screaming about the lives lost because of their delays in allowing the drug to be used.....?

Why would they need to use the drug when they were down to zero cases? 

16 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

By political you mean a medical stance right?

4 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Why would they need to use the drug when they were down to zero cases? 

Hey, Q-baby! have you settled yet on the number of people you secretly want to die so Trump doesn't get reelected? 

I know the last time we spoke about it you were unsure.

Just now, jrober38 said:

By political you mean a medical stance right?

Ummm, no. But thanks for playing

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Hey, Q-baby! have you settled yet on the number of people you secretly want to die so Trump doesn't get reelected? 

I know the last time we spoke about it you were unsure.

I already said zero. I know Trump is getting in because the dems don’t have anyone capable of beating him. I look forward to 4 more years. You can’t buy this type of entertainment! 

Edited by Q-baby!

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Have you calmed down yet? Are you realizing that your panicked predictions of millions dead was... overblown fear? I hope so, for the sake of your health. :beer: 

Haahaa! I remember his endless catastrophic predictions....

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Thanks very much DR.  appreciate  it man

Absolutely. Mean it. Same goes to anyone within this community who's got friends/family fighting this thing, regardless of my opinion of their opinions. We're all in it together in the end. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Q-baby! said:

I already said zero. I know Trump is getting in because the dems don’t have anymore capable of beating him. I look for to 4 more years. You can’t buy this type of entertainment! 

We all are, brother :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/who-director-faces-growing-calls-to-resign-over-handling-of-coronavirus-china

Amid persistent criticism that his organization failed to properly oversee China's coronavirus response and worked to downplay the communist nation's responsibility for the pandemic, World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus is facing growing calls for his resignation from American politicians and others around the world.

Calls have been led by Sen. Martha McSally, R-Ariz., who last week on Fox Business' "Mornings with Maria" told host Maria Bartiromo that she has "never trusted a communist" and that the Chinese government's "cover-up of this virus that originated with them has caused unnecessary deaths around America and around the world... I think Dr. Tedros needs to step down."

She continued on Friday, placing part of the blame for China's lack of transparency on the WHO director-general.

CORONAVIRUS: WHAT TO KNOW

Dr. Tedros deceived the world. At one point, he even praised China’s ‘transparency' during its coronavirus response efforts despite a mountain of evidence showing the regime concealed the severity of the outbreak. This deception cost lives. https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/calls-mount-for-who-chief-to-resign/ 

MARTHA MCSALLY SAYS WHO BOSS SHOULD RESIGN OVER CHINA CORONAVIRUS 'COVER-UP'

"Dr. Tedros deceived the world," she said. "At one point, he even praised China's 'transparency during its coronavirus response efforts' despite a mountain of evidence showing the regime concealed the severity of the outbreak. This deception cost lives. "

Tedros' woes have been caused in large part by his regular backing of China during the coronavirus outbreak.

In early February, days after President Trump put in place a travel ban for foreign nationals who had recently been to China, Tedros panned coronavirus responses that "unnecessarily interfere with international travel and trade," according to Reuters.

• Thank you (+1) 3