Hedge

The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

We did go to the Henry Ford & Thomas Edison museums in Ft Meyers last year. Closest I ever got to Mr. Ford (who died many years before I was even a twinkle in my father's eye). ūüôā

And...we’re back to you and Mr. BG being CIA operatives.   One museum or the other is sight-seeing, both on the same trip?   You’re working a commie scientist willing to leave his dreadfully handsome wife (she’s from farm people, hearty stock) and dull children back in St. Petersburg because you set him up with a comely grad student from Southern California who is schooled in the art of  pleasure of the flesh.  Let’s be honest, the light bulb turns on, then it’s off...end of tour. 

By the way, I live in Albany, and the adjacent city is Schenectady (aka The Place Beyond the Pines).  On Erie Blvd in Schenectady, formerly the location of the Erie Canal, there’s a building with placard that indicates that’s where Thomas Edison invented the light bulb.  Or worked on it, I can’t recall.  Ironically drove by it today.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Loved his song Stacy's mom. RIP to Adam Schlesinger and everyone passed away to covid-19

• Sad 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

And...we’re back to you and Mr. BG being CIA operatives.   One museum or the other is sight-seeing, both on the same trip?   You’re working a commie scientist willing to leave his dreadfully handsome wife (she’s from farm people, hearty stock) and dull children back in St. Petersburg because you set him up with a comely grad student from Southern California who is schooled in the art of  pleasure of the flesh.  Let’s be honest, the light bulb turns on, then it’s off...end of tour. 

By the way, I live in Albany, and the adjacent city is Schenectady (aka The Place Beyond the Pines).  On Erie Blvd in Schenectady, formerly the location of the Erie Canal, there’s a building with placard that indicates that’s where Thomas Edison invented the light bulb.  Or worked on it, I can’t recall.  Ironically drove by it today.  

It is actually a compound. They were neighbors. On one side of the street is some labs and gardens, the other side of the street was their houses which are next door to one another. Apparently, they were friends.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I hope Trump officially recognizes Taiwan's sovereignty during this whole thing. Stick it right to the CCP where it hurts. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

To Bull,

I also see there was no response to my post showing Trumps actions against red tape/ Regulations  that you keep calling for.

He did? where are the tests?

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Feel free to move elsewhere, Bernie bro. Hell I'll even buy your ticket.

Not sure why I would move when we're trying to make this place better. It's our patriotic duty.

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

That's a very interesting number. Meanwhile in this country: https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03/31/texas-company-offered-n95-masks-amid-coronavirus-6-times-usual-price/

"As health care professionals beg for supplies to protect themselves from COVID-19 infection, a Texas company found a seller with at least 2 million masks and quietly offered them for sale at $6 each. Before the pandemic, they cost around $1."

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Not sure why I would move when we're trying to make this place better. It's our patriotic duty.

No you're not.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

The measure of the death rate can be done by confirmed cases, total cases, per 100,000, etc. Measure it however you want. The data I provided showed that the increase in the death rate, in any way you want to measure it, is more on par with South Korea and Germany than it is with other countries. There is every reason to believe we will be able to provide the ICU beds, ventilators, etc. to not have our hospitals overwhelmed as they have been elsewhere.

It remains to be seen.

I appreciate the civil conversation.

There are other variables than simply the # of beds and ventilators.  most of the hospitals on the front lines are running out of protective equipment. As more healthcare workers get ill, there won't be enough to tend rising number of cases.  Hope for the best...ditto on the convo.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

The measure of the death rate can be done by confirmed cases, total cases, per 100,000, etc. Measure it however you want. The data I provided showed that the increase in the death rate, in any way you want to measure it, is more on par with South Korea and Germany than it is with other countries. There is every reason to believe we will be able to provide the ICU beds, ventilators, etc. to not have our hospitals overwhelmed as they have been elsewhere.

It remains to be seen.

I appreciate the civil conversation.

The biggest variable is how seriously New Yorkers took Cuomo's admonishment on March 22 to stay away from one another.  

• Like (+1) 1

The US mortality rate is now 2.37%. 

It was about 1% a week ago. 

9 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The US mortality rate is now 2.37%. 

It was about 1% a week ago. 

It’s really hard for me to take mortality rates seriously at this point when testing is spotty, and such a large percentage (25%, according to NYT) could be asymptomatic. 

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

Down 100%?  Is that Brian Williams math?

those are some hateful people on twitter. Liberalism is a disease worse than covid19.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, westside said:

those are some hateful people on twitter. Liberalism is a disease worse than covid19.

Republicans are a disease worse than covid19. See how utterly stupid that sounds?

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

99.9974% is close enough. 

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

If you round up the drop of 99.9997% in movie receipts, yes it is 100%

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

Republicans are a disease worse than covid19. See how utterly stupid that sounds?

coming from you, yeah. But I'm used to stupid comments from you.

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Our state and especially local government are largely toothless. It's a mayor's job to make sure people get paid and the bike lanes go in the right spot. It's not their job to manage a crisis. The federal government soaks up all the cash and thus has all the power.

Maybe that's what yall do in Austin.  

I live in Seattle and out mayor and city council has declared homelessness a crisis and the mayor declared a state of emergency and they are definitely working on it.

And, our governor is managing the Coronavirus thing and doing a fine job as our numbers appear to be dropping.

12 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

99.9974% is close enough. 

12 minutes ago, GG said:

If you round up the drop of 99.9997% in movie receipts, yes it is 100%

Ugh.  Never mind.  I see my error.

• Like (+1) 1