The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I believe the numbers show that people are indeed getting vaccinated at unprecedented numbers. Sure, there’ll be some who don’t but that’s true for all vaccinations...and I’m not going to yell at or throw shame at people who don’t. You never know what conditions they may have or life experience they’ve gone through. One of the best things about this particular vaccine is that it’s bipartisan. It was developed under Trump and dispensed under Biden...so I’m hoping it takes some of the politics out of it...or at least it should! 

A joint press conference saying we both agree it’s safe and vital that everyone takes the vaccine would be ideal.

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Yea we know this.  That's great.  Awesome.  I guess.  

But when did this become about herd immunity and vaccinate all kids?  

How is anyone good with the 60000000 goal post moves, lying, and the suffering our kids will continue to endure in blue states still by September of this year.  

What do you want us to do about it?

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

A joint press conference saying we both agree it’s safe and vital that everyone takes the vaccine would be ideal.

This where we differ slightly. One of the reasons why vaccines take a long time to come to market is because of the long term trials they undergo. While the Covid vaccines are certainly ‘vital’, we don’t really know if they are ‘safe’ in the long term. They simply haven’t been tested for that. This is one reason why I believe they should be given to the most vulnerable Senior population. There’s no concern over pregnancy birth defects etc in that population while at the same time there are the most at risk from Covid fatality. 

24 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This where we differ slightly. One of the reasons why vaccines take a long time to come to market is because of the long term trials they undergo. While the Covid vaccines are certainly ‘vital’, we don’t really know if they are ‘safe’ in the long term. They simply haven’t been tested for that. This is one reason why I believe they should be given to the most vulnerable Senior population. There’s no concern over pregnancy birth defects etc in that population while at the same time there are the most at risk from Covid fatality. 

What raises your concerns about pregnancy and birth defects when it comes to these vaccines?

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

What do you want us to do about it?

Us or you personally?

I'm merely asking the questions that hopefully prompt people that care to start demanding answers from the people that don't.  

30 minutes ago, Scraps said:

What raises your concerns about pregnancy and birth defects when it comes to these vaccines?

I am not concerned for myself. I'm an old guy. But if you know anything about how these things are tested, like all medications, etc. one of the tests is to see if it will alter anything in child-bearing age women, and what impact the introduction of any of this would have on an unborn child.  This is just an example of why these things take long to come to market.  That, and the chance that you'll grow a third eyeball some years in the future (kidding).  They decided they couldn't wait, and the risk of doing nothing was greater.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

The small risk of long term possible unforeseen side effects should not scare people from getting the vaccine.  I want packed stands for Bills games.  Damn it.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

The small risk of long term possible unforeseen side effects should not scare people from getting the vaccine.  I want packed stands for Bills games.  Damn it.

You and me both....and that pesky third eye ball in the middle of their foreheads ought to make the game that much clearer for all of them! 😉

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

You and me both....and that pesky third eye ball in the middle of their foreheads ought to make the game that much clearer for all of them! 😉

I may not be vaccinated by then.  You f’ers keep your hands to yourself, no jubilant cheering and murmur like you’re in church.   

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I may not be vaccinated by then.  You f’ers keep your hands to yourself, no jubilant cheering and murmur like you’re in church.   

We'll each have our eyeballs (all three of them) on you the whole time! 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think hugging the stranger next to you on a game winning play is part of the autonomic nervous system at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Dont think the has to do with COVID. I don’t think you could pay people to watch that dumpster fire.

The Sabres were on national television last night so I watched most of the game. I think it was maybe the second game I’ve seen all season. It looked to me like someone installed one of those Covid plexiglass shields across the opponents goal mouth! That is one terrible hockey team...unwatchable.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Sabres were on national television last night so I watched most of the game. I think it was maybe the second game I’ve seen all season. It looked to me like someone installed one of those Covid plexiglass shields across the opponents goal mouth! That is one terrible hockey team...unwatchable.

The worst part is they’re terrible and they’re not trying to be bad like the tank years.

Why is Biden releasing thousands of Covid-positive migrants into the country?

American Thinker, by Patricia McCarthy

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/03/why_is_biden_releasing_thousands_of_covidpositive_migrants_into_the_country.html

The answer to that question may be in his absurd speech on Thursday when he said “we may have to reinstate the lockdown restrictions” if… If what? What if the migrants the Biden Administration is allowing to come across the southern border without being tested, even if showing symptoms, then given bus tickets to any American city they hope to reach, is a grand plan to spread this flu throughout the country again in order to reinstate all the unconstitutional restrictions to which millions of Americans willingly submitted? Chances are that the powers that be never dreamed so many people would give up their freedom  to work, shop, eat, go to movies, vacation, have their kids in school, etc. without a fuss… but they did.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Dont think the has to do with COVID. I don’t think you could pay people to watch that dumpster fire.

Yes it does. 

I think people are underestimating the importance of the Southern Ontario market. 

The need to spend money at our local establishments that will soon be dead---why would you ever run one in a deep blue state and city in a Covid world (that's never going away people are completely clueless about how this plays out)

Not bc its how it should play out....but because it's what they are going to do.  

How do you think this border situation is going to work?  Pegula knows all this.  That's why he's slowly getting out of downtown.  716 first.  Hope the Harbor Center makes it.  Going to need a lot of ppp.

And btw.....this is absolutely going to impact the Bills just not as much.  

Edited by Big Blitz

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Why is Biden releasing thousands of Covid-positive migrants into the country?

American Thinker, by Patricia McCarthy

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/03/why_is_biden_releasing_thousands_of_covidpositive_migrants_into_the_country.html

The answer to that question may be in his absurd speech on Thursday when he said “we may have to reinstate the lockdown restrictions” if… If what? What if the migrants the Biden Administration is allowing to come across the southern border without being tested, even if showing symptoms, then given bus tickets to any American city they hope to reach, is a grand plan to spread this flu throughout the country again in order to reinstate all the unconstitutional restrictions to which millions of Americans willingly submitted? Chances are that the powers that be never dreamed so many people would give up their freedom  to work, shop, eat, go to movies, vacation, have their kids in school, etc. without a fuss… but they did.  

No different than Trump supporters...