The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Some of the hidden growing pains of the popular vaccine trials.  The mouth breathing MSM better start painting the correct picture of these vaccines, or better yet just shut up until they are ready for widespread use.  Instead, they are just a mouthpiece for the corporations right now. I think @Reality Check calls this pump & dump?

https://www.wired.com/story/covid-19-vaccines-with-minor-side-effects-could-still-be-pretty-bad/amp

Edited by 123719bwiqrb

5 minutes ago, shoshin said:

As an aside, this woman's handle is an amusing compound person. This will offend the anti-mask brigade. You guys may need to skip this. 

He’s got good comedic timing.  May have a future in standup.  

And I’m not sure there is anyone on this board that is anti-mask, is there?

Hey PPP posters!

On Sunday afternoon I started running a mild fever that spiked at 102 by Monday afternoon. This morning, Tuesday, I made an appointment for a fifteen minute test ($195). I’m 61 and in very good health but live in Southern California so I feared the worst. The test was a swab deep up both nostrils and while eye watering uncomfortable was not painful. You stay in your car and they come out to you. Likewise they bring the results back to you signed by a Doctor. When it took a few minutes longer than fifteen I really started to worry, what with my fever and all. The results? Negative! Just a bad summer cold I guess. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

And I’m not sure there is anyone on this board that is anti-mask, is there?

It's my hope that they have finally come around, but I doubt it. 

Who here thinks masks are stupid? Any of you care to re-affirm earlier positions? I won't name you out of the courtesy to your positions, which may have evolved like Trump's. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hey PPP posters!

On Sunday afternoon I started running a mild fever that spiked at 102 by Monday afternoon. This morning, Tuesday, I made an appointment for a fifteen minute test ($195). I’m 61 and in very good health but live in Southern California so I feared the worst. The test was a swab deep up both nostrils and while eye watering uncomfortable was not painful. You stay in your car and they come out to you. Likewise they bring the results back to you signed by a Doctor. When it took a few minutes longer than fifteen I really started to worry, what with my fever and all. The results? Negative! Just a bad summer cold I guess. 

Do you know which test? The rapid ones have wide variability in accuracy. 

Edited by shoshin

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It's that time of year, sports fans!

Let's lighten up the thread for a little while.

Give me your best COVID-19 inspired fantasy baseball team names.

This year I went with:  "Casey ate the Bat"

Runner up was:  "Wuhan Soto"

Birx’s Rangers

Fauci Berra 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, shoshin said:

It's my hope that they have finally come around, but I doubt it. 

Who here thinks masks are stupid? Any of you care to re-affirm earlier positions? I won't name you out of the courtesy to your positions, which may have evolved like Trump's. 

Do you know which test? The rapid ones have wide variability in accuracy. 

No I don’t. Since this is my life I REALLY DON’T appreciate the negative thoughts!  Sheesh man! 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

No I don’t. Since this is my life I REALLY DON’T appreciate the negative thoughts!  Sheesh man! 

You should know your data exactly because it's your life. The right-leaning media has been all over the inaccuracy of the short-turnaround tests. 

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

You should know your data exactly because it's your life. The right-leaning media has been all over the inaccuracy of the short-turnaround tests. 

Don’t be an ASS

I came on here to tell a story of an actual experience in hopes people could learn from it. I’m not a guy in my basement in the Ukraine! I’m a real person with a real family. I’ll end this post with GO TO HELL!!!

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

Masks?

eh

I think they are more helpful than not but their effectiveness is overstated.   

I wear them out of respect for other people that I'm going to be in contact with.

Agreed, unless they're the M-95 mask, pieces of cloth that most people wear are fairly useless, better then nothing but barely.

I wear mine because it is the guidance, and it is respectful to others who are older, feebler, etc. Personally, when I keep hearing about never getting a vaccine, lockdowns forever - I just want to ditch my mask, go lick a door knob and check out.  I want off this ride a lot lately.

The problem I see is the request to wear the mask will never go away, as there are lots of respiratory illnesses where a mask would mitigate the potential of joe schmo catching the thing that finally kills him. Be it a common cold, normal flu, whatever.

Sure covid is new, and it is bad, but the new normal will be all masks, all the time once the dust settles here, mainly because the relative risk of covid vs many other diseases out there are the same.

Edited by 123719bwiqrb
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Don’t be an ASS

I came on here to tell a story of an actual experience in hopes people could learn from it. I’m not a guy in my basement in the Ukraine! I’m a real person with a real family. I’ll end this post with GO TO HELL!!!

Uhh, what?

I have been tested too, three times now. 

It's important to know what test you're getting and how accurate it is, especially with the rapid tests. Being informed is better than walking around ill-informed, and because you're out there interacting with many people, you should be as informed as you can be. If you can't get that info, go get a better test. I'd say for anyone sick, or planning on being around at risk people (my issue), that is imperative. 

38 minutes ago, Magox said:

Masks?

eh

I wear them out of respect for other people that I'm going to be in contact with.

Disposable masks, bandannas, face coverings, scarves are pretty darned useless. The N95 Masks sound like they have value.  I wear a mask to go into a grocery store due to mandates. I have considered going the HIPAA route, but hubby gives me the stink eye, and so it is worth the peace at home to wear a mask in the store.

I gotta buy me a “Trump 2020” mask to do my part in making the mandate go away faster. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
Autocorrect sucks

8 minutes ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

Sure covid is new, and it is bad, but the new normal will be all masks, all the time once the dust settles here.

Maybe, but I've been to Japan a few times and despite stereotypes to the contrary, masks are the minority (pre-Covid times). You may underestimate the human psyche to get over something like this. I don't plan on wearing a mask once the counts drop low, that's for sure. I hate them. 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Disposable masks, bandannas, face coverings, scarves are pretty darned useless. The N95 Masks sound like they have value.  I wear a mask to go into a grocery store due to mandates. I have considered going the HIPAA route, but hubby gives me the stinky eye, and so it is worth the peace at home to wear it in the store.

@123719bwiqrb : No amount of scientists, articles, etc can move the needle with B-gal. She's not alone. 

Edited by shoshin

21 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Uhh, what?

I have been tested too, three times now. 

It's important to know what test you're getting and how accurate it is, especially with the rapid tests. Being informed is better than walking around ill-informed, and because you're out there interacting with many people, you should be as informed as you can be. If you can't get that info, go get a better test. I'd say for anyone sick, or planning on being around at risk people (my issue), that is imperative. 

GO TO HELL!

58 minutes ago, Magox said:

Masks?

eh

I do wear on when required....just because. that said, google masks and you will get many pro and many con videos about masking. I thought this was an interesting video. That said, I am in the camp that the masks are not helpful but as i said i wear it for others to feel better. 

23 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Disposable masks, bandannas, face coverings, scarves are pretty darned useless. The N95 Masks sound like they have value.  I wear a mask to go into a grocery store due to mandates. I have considered going the HIPAA route, but hubby gives me the stink eye, and so it is worth the peace at home to wear a mask in the store.

I gotta buy me a “Trump 2020” mask to do my part in making the mandate go away faster. 

See above video. I agree and so do these studies

Edited by fansince88

8 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sofia Sars Antigen FIA

There are published accuracy numbers out there, including by the company. 

Good luck! If you’re sick though, get the real test. Don’t mess around. 

8 hours ago, fansince88 said:

I do wear on when required....just because. that said, google masks and you will get many pro and many con videos about masking. I thought this was an interesting video. That said, I am in the camp that the masks are not helpful but as i said i wear it for others to feel better. 

See above video. I agree and so do these studies

Awesome. The two “studies” quoted in some random video made for an agenda-Ed audience were regarding HCWs using cloth masks in a hospital setting and whether they protect the wearer from patients who are sick. 

The idiocy of this as a comparison to what every expert is advocating and way more studies confirm is astounding. 

But there you go. The anti-science crowd is firmly set in its ways and as I said, there’s and anti-mask majority(?) or at least plurality here. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Awesome. The two “studies” quoted in some random video made for an agenda-Ed audience were regarding HCWs using cloth masks in a hospital setting and whether they protect the wearer from patients who are sick. 

The idiocy of this as a comparison to what every expert is advocating and way more studies confirm is astounding. 

But there you go. The anti-science crowd is firmly set in its ways and as I said, there’s and anti-mask majority(?) or at least plurality here. 

Awesome. Eyes wide open I see. I believe I qualified my point before the video. But there you go. Judging based on personal opinion rather then on what a person posted. As I said, one could google it and see both sides....  or perhaps you cannot.  I believe I may possibly have misjudged you.

BTW, I work at a drug chain warehouse. EVERY mask we sell. Everyone.  Warning on the back says they will not protect against viruses like Covid. Even the makers are protecting their butts 

Edited by fansince88
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1