The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Fake news, didn't happen

Yea - it did. Sorry you can only handle sugar coated Trump news.

VIDEO: Trump Explained Why He Fired The White House Pandemic Team

* In 2018 Trump fired Homeland Security Advisor Tom Bossart, whose job was to coordinate a response to global pandemics. He was not replaced.

* In 2018 Dr. Luciana Borio, the NSC director for medical and bio-defense preparedness left the job. Trump did not replace Dr. Borio.

* In 2019 the NSC’s Senior Director for Global Health Security and bio-defense, Tim Ziemer, left the position and Trump did not replace the Rear Admiral.

* Trump shut down the entire Global Health Security and Bio-defense agency.

* Amid the explosive worldwide outbreak of the virus Trump proposed a 19% cut to the budget of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention plus a 10% cut to Public Health Services and a 7% cut to Global Health Services. Those happen to be the organizations that respond to public health threats.

* In 2018, at Trump’s direction, the CDC stopped funding epidemic prevention activities in 39 out of 49 countries including China.

I am gonna assume for  the same reason there is no bin for dangerous water disposal at airport security; it is all just political theater designed to make the masses "feel" safer. And look at how "well" TSA security has gone since implemented! Something to look forward to with the shut downs and masks.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Yea - it did. Sorry you can only handle sugar coated Trump news.

No. It didn't. Several people were dismissed or left. Most of the people involved in the pandemic infrastructure are still there, but reassigned where their expertise could be used in collaboration in other areas as well.

As usual, you have no idea what you are talking about. I like you better under your Melania Trump persona. At least then I know your posts are intentionally idiotic. 

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I like you better under your Melania Trump persona. At least then I know your posts are intentionally idiotic. 

There's no difference

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Over 90K deaths from March 15 to May 15

Less than 40K from May 15 to today.  

Nothing to see here.  

...and I believe the CDC revised their estimates that 40% of all positive tests are asymptomatic....but there's no political capital in that when MSM fans the "flames of hysteria"........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

No. It didn't. Several people were dismissed or left. Most of the people involved in the pandemic infrastructure are still there, but reassigned where their expertise could be used in collaboration in other areas as well.

As usual, you have no idea what you are talking about. I like you better under your Melania Trump persona. At least then I know your posts are intentionally idiotic. 

So why were so unprepared?

Why did Trump ignore his intelligence?

Why did Trump ignore his advisors who were begging him to act?

Why do we have 3,535,561 (WORLD RECORD) cases and 139,032 (WORLD RECORD) deaths?

image.thumb.jpeg.64f0416c864b31d018069f8f71468a7c.jpeg

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So why were so unprepared?

Why did Trump ignore his intelligence?

Why did Trump ignore his advisors who were begging him to act?

Why do we have 3,535,561 (WORLD RECORD) cases and 139,032 (WORLD RECORD) deaths?

image.thumb.jpeg.64f0416c864b31d018069f8f71468a7c.jpeg

Why do you keep posting lies?

14 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Why do you keep posting lies?

How can we POSSIBLY have a shortage in the FEDERAL stockpile? Where is all the stuff Jared confiscated from State and Local governments?

Federal stockpile is thin amid coronavirus surge, internal documents show

Why would the Trump regime order hospitals to bypass the CDC with key virus data?

The administration orders hospitals to bypass the C.D.C. with key virus data, alarming health experts

Why is there NO national TESTING PLAN? Test results for the novel coronavirus are taking so long to come back that experts say the results across the United States are often proving useless in the campaign to control the deadly disease.

Long delays in getting test results hobble coronavirus response

WHY ARE WE SO UNPREPARED?

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

What he posted is true. Trump downplayed masks until all his henchman turned on him. It was a really bad leadership moment. 

I didn't quote crap of his about masks of his, but even if I had, he was probably still lying