The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Depending on where and who you get the definition from Trump may have been right by saying that America wouldn't have a pandemic. Pandemics are considered "worldwide". Can America have a worldwide flood? 

You could change the  'a pandemic' into  'the pandemic', and that would cover worldwide.

Pence:
April 1st went to WalMart distribution center to ask them to get in the gowns business. They are producing 8.1M for June.
New Balance is making 100K masks.
3M was also mentioned.
Whole America approach.
He's very positive today... things are working, and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Fauci:
Flattening and coming down.
What has happened the mitigation (30 day program), has worked.
We can now think seriously about opening America.
Carefully thought out program for opening America (guidelines from a few days ago).
This is not finished. We need to proceed carefully, and measured.
The reopening will different in different parts of the country.
He mentioned the economic suffering.
Pleading with the American public to continue with the formula.
He's worried about a rebound.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Press: wants him to contradict Redfield
Fauci: Talking about guidelines. We will have cornavirus in the fall (he's convinced of that), and what happens will be how we can contain it. In the fall we will be much better prepared. Complicating factor - influenza season.  Big or small, it will depend on our response.

Press: What happens when governors like Kemp are not following the plan
Fauci: if I were advising him, I'd advise him to be careful. There could be a rebound. I'd advise him as a health official and physician, not to do that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Pop Tarty was a worthless and empty. Sure, he looked good standing there on the corner with his shiny outfit, but on the inside, he was devoid of any value.

Now their Cap'n, Crunch, was great. Just the best.

I agree Cap'n Crunch was great, but I'm old school Run SCP (Snap Crackle Pop)

4 minutes ago, daz28 said:

You could change the  'a pandemic' into  'the pandemic', and that would cover worldwide.

A lot of posters post without thinking and are less than precise in their words. Section8 has fun making 3 page arguments out of the lack of preciseness. He fails to look at the big picture but goes on and on about mundane things where he gets his jollies about winning a point. I wonder what list I'm going to be put on now? 

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

A lot of posters post without thinking and are less than precise in their words. Section8 has fun making 3 page arguments out of the lack of preciseness. He fails to look at the big picture but goes on and on about mundane things where he gets his jollies about winning a point. I wonder what list I'm going to be put on now? 

Tell him it's actually better to be accurate than it is to be only precise.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

I was advocating the precise use of words to make a point. Accuracy is somewhat in the eye of the beholder. 

I wasn't gonna let you squeeze that one in on me.  lol  It's pretty obvious that your you're play semantics on that point.  As far as I'm concerned it's in the past anyways.  He was wrong, but he can redeem himself.

• Like (+1) 1

Press: Nursing home question.
Trump: we care about our seniors, and Pence stepped up.
Pence: He's giving the administration-line about why people need to stay away from nursing homes. Deployed 8K inspectors to make sure the nursing homes are complying. 
How some national guard people are cleaning nursing homes.
Explaining about the testing in the phases. First and foremost to nursing homes and long term care facilities.
Testing resources will also go to vulnerable communities.
Reminding people to be especially careful around seniors.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Surgeon General - more testing, he mentioned the major pharmacies. Talking about vulnerability they have themes - housing type, minority status, socioeconomic (missed the 4th one). Want to identify people if they are asymptotic.

OAN: What about Iran?
Trump: We will shoot them out of the water. Will not let our service people be threatened.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, daz28 said:

"Everyone wants to take care of the seniors but me.  No one wants to take care of me".  That was a good one.  He's probably actually funny to be around when you know him well.

The word is that he is charming and a real delight to be around in a social setting. There's no doubt in my mind that he can be tough as nails in a business setting but his lifetime of real estate development (especially in NYC) has given him the ability to negotiate. He may start out with asking for the moon and it might sound preposterous to some but its just the opening salvo of a negotiation. Look at the fools he made of the media and how he bent the governors to his will regarding who was going to be in charge of opening up the respective states. He claimed that he had the authority to do so and everyone claimed that he didn't and even the dems brought up federalism as a point. Well he actually did have the authority due to the fact that all 50 states had a declared emergency. Using that authority is the last thing he wanted to do. Now the governors can do what they're paid to do but Trump can use the bully pulpit to encourage them to follow the guidelines. Not only is he doing what is right but he has taken the easy criticism away from the media. 

• Like (+1) 2