The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Reality Check said:

I was wondering about something.

Since this whole Covid 19 thing started...

does anybody catch a cold anymore?

It seems that there is no mention of the common cold, or the offering of any statistics on that since this started.

A bit strange that The vaunted CDC wouldn't offer some coronavirus context since there are variations of it that affect humans.

Since they can test for Covid 19 specifically (allegedly)

then why no statistics differentiating the various coronaviruses?

Hmmm...

It would seem that the common cold vanished.

Possibly warmer weather not as much for colds. But I was thinking unsure if the covid test is as well catching common cold corona virus as well.  

And another question confused but shouldn't older people have a better chance fighting the covid19 since going thru all colds (most had too go thru common cold coronavirus). T cell memory for older people and for kids less t cell memory?  Ya @Magox when you can explain to me and help me understand this when you can.   But there is something different to thing's. Not just trying to be black or white on certain things.

Ya online read vit d sunlight helps boost t cell. People should be outside even older people to help them out. Even older people/

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Reality Check said:

I was wondering about something.

Since this whole Covid 19 thing started...

does anybody catch a cold anymore?

It seems that there is no mention of the common cold, or the offering of any statistics on that since this started.

A bit strange that The vaunted CDC wouldn't offer some coronavirus context since there are variations of it that affect humans.

Since they can test for Covid 19 specifically (allegedly)

then why no statistics differentiating the various coronaviruses?

Hmmm...

It would seem that the common cold vanished.

Damn.  I forgot to call them and tell them I had a two day head cold back in March.

6 hours ago, Reality Check said:

This is starting to look like epic fraud to me.

The common cold just vanishes?

No comparative statistics?

The CDC is incompetent if they aren't doing comparative tracking of all coronavirus diagnoses and respiratory illnesses.

Why withhold that information if they have it?

If they don't have it, why the hell not after all this time?

Deaths are up above normal, as are PCI hospitalizations, so your “point” isn’t much of one. 

It’s real. It may not be as bad now as it was but it ain’t nothing. 

Edited by shoshin

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

Deaths are up above normal, as are PCI hospitalizations, so your “point” isn’t much of one. 

It’s real. It may not be as bad now as it was but it ain’t nothing. 

I disagree.

Not that I'm not a fan of the vaccine pump and dump scheme ongoing.

Time will prove that this is a massive fraud supported by profiteers and the eternally naive.

Say what you will about my point, but a thousand pages of this thread has proven to be extremely non-educational nor intelligent.

Pleas carry on.

Your clinging to the narrative will eventually hit the tree dead ahead and that will provide some humor...

and a cautionary tail for others.

Now, tell us more about positive tests and deaths while taking it all in at face value, every day of the week.

Edited by Reality Check

whats going on now, reminds me of what went on in 1968-69. We had the Hong Kong flu, which killed over a 100,000 Americans, 2 million world wide, we had riots in many cities, protests and the killings of Kennedy/King but we didn't lockdown anywhere. We also had the Monteray Music Festival, Woodstock. There was no panic like now, no mask wearing, we all just went on with our lives. No one blamed the president, although LBJ was a real douchebag. The economy didn't suffer like it is now. The Hong Kong flu eventually faded, just like this will.

• Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, shoshin said:

My guess on CA is that we've yet to see the northern CA population get hit so it's not going away there yet. 

In April, NYC was accounting for 60% of the deaths some days and if you added NJ (which was all northern NJ), it was 80%. 

Thankfully the population of Southern California dwarfs that of Northern California, but yes they have been relatively spared.   My guess is that they will eventually get their whirl in this COVID musical chairs world we are in.  

That model with the (IFR) is right inline with what my guesstimates were back in late March.   I think the (IFR) for new cases beginning August moving forward will be slashed a decent bit lower as new therapeutics and treatments are introduced.  I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up seeing the (IFR) in the .15-.2% range

8 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

whats going on now, reminds me of what went on in 1968-69. We had the Hong Kong flu, which killed over a 100,000 Americans, 2 million world wide, we had riots in many cities, protests and the killings of Kennedy/King but we didn't lockdown anywhere. We also had the Monteray Music Festival, Woodstock. There was no panic like now, no mask wearing, we all just went on with our lives. No one blamed the president, although LBJ was a real douchebag. The economy didn't suffer like it is now. The Hong Kong flu eventually faded, just like this will.

A virus that killed 100,000 without lockdowns over an 18 month period is much less lethal than a virus that has killed over 140,000 with some lockdowns over a 5 month period.

In my obvious opinion.

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

You forgot the war 

Yesterday, Sunday, no states reported triple digit deaths...zero. A total of FORTY states were in single digits with fifteen of those reporting ZERO FATALITIES. I find it fascinating that even the corona virus appears to take the sabbath off and rests!

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You forgot the war 

I'm trying to forget that lousy war

11 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

A virus that killed 100,000 without lockdowns over an 18 month period is much less lethal than a virus that has killed over 140,000 with some lockdowns over a 5 month period.

In my obvious opinion.

if you honestly believe this virus killed 140,000, I have some swampland down here I'd like to sell you

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Possibly warmer weather not as much for colds. But I was thinking unsure if the covid test is as well catching common cold corona virus as well.  

And another question confused but shouldn't older people have a better chance fighting the covid19 since going thru all colds (most had too go thru common cold coronavirus). T cell memory for older people and for kids less t cell memory?  Ya @Magox when you can explain to me and help me understand this when you can.   But there is something different to thing's. Not just trying to be black or white on certain things.

Ya online read vit d sunlight helps boost t cell. People should be outside even older people to help them out. Even older people/

My understanding of T cells is simply what I read so it's still somewhat rudimentary.  Even though I did read quite a few papers and articles on it over the weekend and did pick up on some things that I wasn't aware of.   

All the studies that I have read were essentially a synopsis and I didn't see it go into real granular detail. 

In regards to your black or white statement, I am a huge believer in spectrums.   That most things, such as homosexuality, racism or in this case molecular biology exist on a spectrum.  There are too many variables to definitely consider something white or black, especially when it comes to immunities.  Which is why I believe that many of these people who have had these coronavirus common colds had some levels of immunity vs. COVID-19, where those responses led to either defeating the virus so quickly once it affected the cells that the body didn't have enough time or for that matter a necessity to create antibodies.  There have been quite a few studies that show that people had been exposed to COVID-19 and whose bodies showed T-cell responses that never did test positive for COVID-19 antibodies.  Then you go further down the spectrum and you have those that did test positive for COVID-19 but were asymptomatic, which means that the infection really never did take hold.  Then you go further down and you have people who were infected that had mild symptoms.  Then you go further down and you have people who had basic symptoms and it goes on and on from there.  There are many variables involved that would help indicate why the outcomes were what they were but my strong hunch that a major one was the T-Cell immunity response from the previous coronavirus common colds that they had.  Many I imagine provided strong defenses and others not so much.   

Basically meaning that if you have T-cells that are ready to put up a fight against COVID-19, it doesn't necessarily mean that it will be successful, even though having them puts you in I would imagine a much better situation statistically speaking than not having them.  If that makes any sense.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, bilzfancy said:

big difference of someone dying with the virus then dying because of the virus

You might want to check how the numbers were also counted in 1968-1970.

1 minute ago, bilzfancy said:

Not 140,000, that's for sure

Take a guess Nostradamus. You know it's not 140K. What is a good estimate?

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA

3 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

You might want to check how the numbers were also counted in 1968-1970.

Take a guess Nostradamus. You know it's not 140K. What is a good estimate?

Yeah, in 68-69 most who died, like now, were over 75, I'm not gonna guess but I do know it's not 140,000 that we're killed by covid19. Heart attack, but had the virus, covid death, car accident, but test positive, covid death, cancer, but test positive, covid death, old age but test positive, covid death

• Like (+1) 2