Chad Johnson ochocinco trying out for XFL as kicker

5 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Lol, I love it. I hope he makes it just for the spectacle of it.

Does anyone think this league can be viable by the way?  I figured after the quick failure of the AAF they might change their mind and fail early.

I hope it’s viable enough that it last five or ten years. From what I read there are some rules that will make the game a bit interesting.

However, two years and done is my prediction.

I’ll be watching.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Or if it was league supported as a development league. But I think they view the NCAA that way

Because that's exactly what it is and always has been.  It is the source of all NFL talent every year.  These other doomed leagues are almost exclusively for castaways and guys who haven't played since college.

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I hope it’s viable enough that it last five or ten years. From what I read there are some rules that will make the game a bit interesting.

However, two years and done is my prediction.

I’ll be watching.

Check out the compensation:

The XFL will use a standard form contract paying $2,725 per week for each player on the active roster, $1,040 of which is guaranteed. A $2,222 victory bonus will also be paid to the players on each game's winning team; this feature is a carryover from the original XFL. The contracts expire at the end of the season, freeing players to sign with any other league.[71] Players will also be paid $1,040 per week during the preseason and through the playoffs if their team does not qualify.

QBs will average $125,000 (up to $495,000--the cap is 4 million per team).

That's like beer money.  I don't see guys playing for long for chump change.

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Because that's exactly what it is and always has been.  It is the source of all NFL talent every year.  These other doomed leagues are almost exclusively for castaways and guys who haven't played since college.

Check out the compensation:

The XFL will use a standard form contract paying $2,725 per week for each player on the active roster, $1,040 of which is guaranteed. A $2,222 victory bonus will also be paid to the players on each game's winning team; this feature is a carryover from the original XFL. The contracts expire at the end of the season, freeing players to sign with any other league.[71] Players will also be paid $1,040 per week during the preseason and through the playoffs if their team does not qualify.

QBs will average $125,000 (up to $495,000--the cap is 4 million per team).

That's like beer money.  I don't see guys playing for long for chump change.

Right.

Probably a huge turnover from year to year. Who knows, maybe the NFL picks up a few players that make the 53 and hope springs eternal every spring.

All I know is that I’m a football junkie and am looking forward to it. Takes me up to the draft.

15 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Right.

Probably a huge turnover from year to year. Who knows, maybe the NFL picks up a few players that make the 53 and hope springs eternal every spring.

All I know is that I’m a football junkie and am looking forward to it. Takes me up to the draft.

cheers!

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/14/2020 at 6:17 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

Right.

Just look at how many  ex-AAF players are in the NFL. Players fall through the cracks and leagues like this are another shot at the golden ticket.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1