Can we really be upset with the Bills scoring 19 points when no team scored more than 20 in Regulation on Wild Card Weekend?

Big Turk

32 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Watt played in eight games this year. And while they were better, no, they were not a totally different team, or defense, with him in there. Quick summary, in those eight games, Houston opponents averaged 23.5 PPG (19th, and by the way three -quarters of a touchdown more than we managed against them) and 362 yards (23rd).

That's a justification and not a good one.

Well we put up 425 yards, just not the points.

8 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

They already are doing this. It’s clearly the plan. It’s a process. 9 new players on O this year. A few upgrades in the off season coming up and we’ll have money to both maintain the D and enhance the O

That was last year and it worked for what needed to be done given that the Bills had the worst offensive personnel in the NFL at the end of the 2018 season.  But what McD /Bean did was also very conventional.  It worked to a degree and the Bills O improved which helped us make the playoffs this year.  Overall a job well done.

But like I said before the Bills are at a critical infection point.  I'm not sure that at this time methodical adherence to the "process" is what's called for.  The Bills did miss opportunities to sign impact offensive talent during the 2019 season as the trade deadline loomed.  I get why they didn't sign those players but now that we're in the off season they need IMO to be bolder in their actions to get the offense over the hump.  Allen IS the guy and he needs to be surrounded by top flight play makers. 

At the very least the Bills need to:

*  Sign at least one big time free agent for the offense.  A guy that is at a level above that of Morse/Brown/Beasley/Kroft.

*  The Bills should use their 1st round pick to select the BEST OFFENSIVE player available, not the BEST player available.

These are just my opinions based on a hunch that we're close, very close to being a great team.  And what's keeping us from getting there is the offense.  And you won't get to an outstanding offense by playing it safe at this moment in the teams history.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I know the Bills should have scored more with all their chances, but I think all the teams could be saying that.  None of the 8 teams scored more than 20 points in regulation on Wild Card Weekend so the Bills were not the only ones who had offensive issues putting up points.

However, the Bills were the only road team not to win this weekend as Tennessee, Minnesota and Seattle all went on the road and came away with victories.  I remember when home field advantage was worth a LOT in the playoffs in the NFL but know it almost seems like a disadvantage. Kind of crazy.  Seems to not just be the NFL but all sports...look at the World Series this year when the road team won every game, going 7-0.

Yes we can be upset....when you're playing against a bad Defense....People just keep trying to excuse bad QB play.

8 minutes ago, Jaywrizzo said:

Yes we can be upset....when you're playing against a bad Defense....People just keep trying to excuse bad QB play.

It's always someone else's fault around here. 

In the eyes of many, Allen can do no wrong. 

15 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

That was last year and it worked for what needed to be done given that the Bills had the worst offensive personnel in the NFL at the end of the 2018 season.  But what McD /Bean did was also very conventional.  It worked to a degree and the Bills O improved which helped us make the playoffs this year.  Overall a job well done.

But like I said before the Bills are at a critical infection point.  I'm not sure that at this time methodical adherence to the "process" is what's called for.  The Bills did miss opportunities to sign impact offensive talent during the 2019 season as the trade deadline loomed.  I get why they didn't sign those players but now that we're in the off season they need IMO to be bolder in their actions to get the offense over the hump.  Allen IS the guy and he needs to be surrounded by top flight play makers. 

At the very least the Bills need to:

*  Sign at least one big time free agent for the offense.  A guy that is at a level above that of Morse/Brown/Beasley/Kroft.

*  The Bills should use their 1st round pick to select the BEST OFFENSIVE player available, not the BEST player available.

These are just my opinions based on a hunch that we're close, very close to being a great team.  And what's keeping us from getting there is the offense.  And you won't get to an outstanding offense by playing it safe at this moment in the teams history.

Good points I agree with just about all of that.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

It's always someone else's fault around here. 

In the eyes of many, Allen can do no wrong. 

You must be a big fan of the Wizard of Oz what with all the straw men you keep manufacturing.

Name me ONE poster who has said that "Allen can do no wrong".  Just one.

13 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I know the Bills should have scored more with all their chances, but I think all the teams could be saying that.  None of the 8 teams scored more than 20 points in regulation on Wild Card Weekend so the Bills were not the only ones who had offensive issues putting up points.

However, the Bills were the only road team not to win this weekend as Tennessee, Minnesota and Seattle all went on the road and came away with victories.  I remember when home field advantage was worth a LOT in the playoffs in the NFL but know it almost seems like a disadvantage. Kind of crazy.  Seems to not just be the NFL but all sports...look at the World Series this year when the road team won every game, going 7-0.

I'm more upset with the team playing an almost perfect 1st half and then the complete opposite in the 2nd half

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

just like in the eyes of you Allen is the only problem which is equally wrong. 

The Bills had many issues Saturday, but the lengths some people are going to absolve Allen's contribution to the loss is laughable. 

He played really poorly. He put the ball in harms way numerous times, and had another terrible fumble which sparked their comeback. 

There were plenty of issues (coaching, line play, tackling), but Allen played a huge part in the loss.