4th & 27???

familykwi

I wonder what the odds of converting a 4th and 27 in a playoff game is ??   2% or less?

Now what are the odds of our defense forcing a 3 and out on a possession inside the 10? Even if it were only 30%, it is the logical call with our level of defensive prowess. 

Isn’ t a coach supposed to do whatever gives you the best chance to win? 

So theoretically say we punted out at the 5 and they punted from the 13.....

Worst 3 and out a 45 yard net. We would have been 28 yards away from the same kick we made.

Best case we could have been starting on their side of the field with an actual chance to win the game in regulation 

McD need to study his big game tape in the offseason and figure out why he gets out-coached in the big games. 

Next year I want to play for the division and a bye. Than means out-coaching a couple of the following games:  KC, the Titans, and the Pats. 

I think it's pretty clear that McD, and the rest of the Bills coaching staff (let's not pretend McD made this decision in a vacuum) panicked when they didn't punt on this play. 

I dont think they they realized yeah with 3 TO left, they could easily get the ball backwith 1:20 or more. 

I think the Bills need a numbers guy who can instantly tell them this type of info. 

It it surprises me how poorly NFL teams (not just the Bills) manage time in the last 2 minutes. 

9 hours ago, familykwi said:

Is there a thread about that?  I listened to McD's presser last night knowing that question would be posed.  It was, but he totally answered off point.

Has anything else been offered as to why in the world we didn't kick deep to pin the Texans down giving us a better chance to get field position on the last drive making a TD possible?

Obviously, the sack was unexpected, but I did not understand the strategy whatsoever.  I know we pulled out the last minute FG ultimately, but that doesn't really excuse the decision.

It oddly worked in our favor. Because of the better field position they had, they chose to go for it on 4th. Had we punted and stopped them, they would have punted in return and then pinned us deeper.

Also, the immediate incompletion to Duke saved the time on the clock that would have been consumed by the punt. Kind of like spiking it on 4th and 27 to kill the clock and save 10 seconds.

No, I don't think this is what they were thinking.

Edited by Motorin'

With a decent coaching staff, the Bills win the game at the end of regulation.

It was horrible coaching from the time they came out for the third quarter, through to the end of the game.

It was an embarrassing display by McDermott, Frazier and Daboll.