Your story about your Bills Fan berth year

fansince88

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Bills fan *BIRTH* year.

Berth play on playoff Berth....use your imagination . We play in playoffs today thus the use of berth and not birth

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I've never slept on a train or a ship.

See above

Edited by fansince88

3 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

Was this the game in 88 when they clinched the division?  That was my first game, went with my Dad and Uncle.  I came into the game an 8 year old Jets fan (was born in NYC) and left a Bills fan.  We also left my uncle behind in the ensuing hysteria.  

The last playoff game I attended was the 90 AFC Champtionship game where we beat the Raiders 51-3, hoping for some similar good luck inn Houston today.

Yessir!!!

That’s funny because I was kind of rooting for the Jets before the game because my favorite color back then was green or something LOL!That’s funny because I was kind of rooting for the Jets before the game because my favorite color back then was green or something LOL!

2 hours ago, rayray808 said:

1989: Tecmo Super Bowl was the game to play on our street. I was just a young kid then and everyone would run the ball with the Bears/Raiders. I instead would bring the K Gun and air it out with the Bills. Bruce Smith off the edge was insane. Fell in love with them in the game and started collecting all their cards.

2019: started collecting cards again and have an absolutely insane Josh Allen collection.

LETS GO BILLS 

And it didn't come out until Dec of 91. Tecmo Bowl didn't have the Bills.

emigrated to Buffalo in 1977 moving to the east side where neighborhood kids turned me onto football   Started watching them immediately and have always been a fan  . As I got older I got more and more into it   It became a debilitating illness in the past 20 years. 

I'm 42 can't remember the year but do remember meeting Jim Kelly at M&T Bank in the mid to late 80s thinking would get an autograph and a guy a few people ahead of me got denied for an autograph on a poster and think it ended up getting crushed. Then I get my chance and handed a black and white photo with one of those pseudo autographs. From then I became a member of Raider nation. Though I changed my fandom again after the 51-3 game. 

37 minutes ago, Luka said:

And it didn't come out until Dec of 91. Tecmo Bowl didn't have the Bills.

He obviously meant Tecmo Super Bowl yet the Kgun wasn't available unless played Beebe at FB.

My family moved to northern California in 1988. I noticed during the first few weeks of elementary school that there was a sea of 49ers and Raiders fans based of student t-shirts and Starter jackets for the wealthy kids.

I did not yet have a team. As talented as the 49ers were with Montana and Rice  and the excitement of Bo Jackson's Raiders, I could not decide.

I watched some of the fall 88 season. The Bills were Red, White, and Blue (military child), and I loved that they were from my birth state of New York (Coast Guard kid who lived in New York and Alaska previously).

I remember loving how Thurman Thomas would play in what I would guess was the beginning of the "No Huddle" offense they ran. I chose them in 88, and the last time they won a playoff game, I was 16.

Let's go Buffalo!

I started working at a supermarket as a 14 year old in 1997, in Melbourne, Australia. Pretty average thing kids do around my age at that time.

A few months after i started, another guy around the same age started. He lived just around the corner from work and went to a school near where I live now, where his father was a teacher the school.

Anyway we started to become good work friends and we were interested in the same things (Music, Australian Football etc). But after a few years, in 1999, he started to talk a bit about his love for NFL because his father was American, who emigrated from Buffalo and was a huge Buffalo Bills fan. So we would talk about NFL but i wasn't really that much into it but decided that I would be a Bills "fan".

I jumped on at the start of the drought. Lucky eh?

I wasn't truly dedicated or anything but followed the team through the papers until 2014 where I really jumped into things by getting NFL game pass and it really started to get televised much more here in Australia.

I've been to NY in Nov 2018 and Sep 2019 and seen three wins. Love the people, love the fans and love the team.

It's great that the work kid got me into a team that isn't sexy or popular here, as everyone here seems to be a Pats/Packers/Cowboys fan.