Tre/Allen for Mahomes Outcome

BillsfaninSB

23 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

It's not a total disaster but it's still a horrible trade for the Bills right now... And don't get me wrong, i love josh Allen and think he'll continue to grow, but he's no where near Mahomes level right now.

If Allen continues to progress and gets int the conversation for being a Top 5 QB then we can reassess.

That plus Tre? How would there be anything to reassess? Straight boss victory bro. 

6 hours ago, Yav said:

God I can’t stand this debate. I’m sick of all the Mahomes maybe the best ever. 

he’s throwing to the best and fastest WR in the game and he under throws him consistently, Hill makes incredible adjustments and makes great plays on a poorly thrown ball. 

Let it go. Dudes an OK QB nothing more and in 5-6 years after KC continues to win a ***** division and then gets bounced from the playoffs and Reed is let go MaJokes will be nothing. 

What would have to happen to change your mind Yav?  You've hated Mahomes from the beginning.  you predicted he'd suck....and since he doesn't suck, you insist he only does anything because of the roster around him.  

Alex Smith didn't do much with the same roster.

You do know KC CRUSHED the Ravens this year without their starting LT, without Hill, and without a RB.....

Is there a rating system you like that suggests Mahomes sucks?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51af3616edacc63a473d5

From a box score perspective, you might say he did well...and that wouldn't be wrong.  He did.

He was absolutely dreadful in the red zone....ranked like 31st in 2017 in Red 

zone comp%, TD%  it was awful.  Also not good on 3rd and long.  notorius for throwing short of sticks.  His stats don't show his deficiencies.  

35 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

What would have to happen to change your mind Yav?  You've hated Mahomes from the beginning.  you predicted he'd suck....and since he doesn't suck, you insist he only does anything because of the roster around him.  

Alex Smith didn't do much with the same roster.

You do know KC CRUSHED the Ravens this year without their starting LT, without Hill, and without a RB.....

Is there a rating system you like that suggests Mahomes sucks?

Yeah, over 4,000 yards passing, 26 TDs, 5 INTs regular season, followed by a 2 TD, 0 INT playoff game in which the defense lost a 21-3 lead to the Titans .... Alex Smith didn't do crap with the same roster.

You really need to stop.  You can't back anything up that you say.  It's all patently false information.

By the way, last year, KC also were one and done, losing to the Titans ... except the Mahomes-led Chiefs never had a lead.

Stop it.

57 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, over 4,000 yards passing, 26 TDs, 5 INTs regular season, followed by a 2 TD, 0 INT playoff game in which the defense lost a 21-3 lead to the Titans .... Alex Smith didn't do crap with the same roster.

You really need to stop.  You can't back anything up that you say.  It's all patently false information.

By the way, last year, KC also were one and done, losing to the Titans ... except the Mahomes-led Chiefs never had a lead.

Stop it.

What?  

Also....I pointed out where Smith came up short....and it wasn't in the stat line you get from the box score, and it wasn't QB Rating etc.

....Andy Ried didn't think Smith could win the big one....why would they move on from him and trade 2 firsts and 3rd for a guy alot of people were shaky about?  

Smith, with his 2 TD 0 INT performance also converted one 3rd down in he second half, and only 4 for the game total.  This wasn't new.  Smith ALWAYS valued ball security WAY more than risking a turnover to get conversions when you need them. 

48 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

What?  

Also....I pointed out where Smith came up short....and it wasn't in the stat line you get from the box score, and it wasn't QB Rating etc.

....Andy Ried didn't think Smith could win the big one....why would they move on from him and trade 2 firsts and 3rd for a guy alot of people were shaky about?  

Smith, with his 2 TD 0 INT performance also converted one 3rd down in he second half, and only 4 for the game total.  This wasn't new.  Smith ALWAYS valued ball security WAY more than risking a turnover to get conversions when you need them. 

You're wordsmithing ... again.  You said Smith did nothing with the same roster.  I provided factual statistics that proved you wrong.  Now you're changing your narrative. 

It's getting old.  Go hang out on the Chiefs fan site, or the Broncos, or wherever it is you claim to go.

Your shtick is boring.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/27/2019 at 1:55 PM, NewEra said:

It’s not a disaster.  There isn’t a chief fan in the world that would take that trade back.  There are many Bills fans that would.  I’m as big a Tre and JA fan as there is, but Mahomes may eventually be the best QB ever.  Emphasis on “may eventually be”

my best friend is a diehard chief fan- it's Andy Reid Mahomes is good but Reid has been scheming guys open for 20 years and they arent tight windown throws they are high school open. From McNabb to Foles to even Kevin Kolb...made Michael Vick the best he's ever been then over  to Alex Smith who never played better and now Mahomes, Even Matt Moore  best qbr games of his career? This year at 38 years old for Reid. Dont misunderstand Mahomes is fantastic but they are loaded on offense with a master play caller who has proven it for 20+ years. That said he knows nothing about building a defense spends little draft or FA on it and they always fall short. But you can't argue Reid's play calling expertise and Mahomes now and they other prior being the benefactor. 

On 12/27/2019 at 2:48 PM, BillsfaninSB said:

Although Josh is still developing, can we put to rest the 2017 trade down was not a disaster?

KC netted Mahones while the Bills landed White and then Allen the following year with the draft capital.  Seems like a win-win deal right now. 

Yea the Bills messed up big in that one. Made Andy look like a god.

2 minutes ago, CardinalScotts said:

my best friend is a diehard chief fan- it's Andy Reid Mahomes is good but Reid has been scheming guys open for 20 years and they arent tight windown throws they are high school open. From McNabb to Foles to even Kevin Kolb...made Michael Vick the best he's ever been then over  to Alex Smith who never played better and now Mahomes, Even Matt Moore  best qbr games of his career? This year at 38 years old for Reid. Dont misunderstand Mahomes is fantastic but they are loaded on offense with a master play caller who has proven it for 20+ years. That said he knows nothing about building a defense spends little draft or FA on it and they always fall short. But you can't argue Reid's play calling expertise and Mahomes now and they other prior being the benefactor. 

Stop right there... Andy never made any QB look that good. It's all on Mahomes.

11 minutes ago, CardinalScotts said:

Would your friend trade Mahomes for Allen and Tre?  

I agree, Reid is a qbs dream coach.  He makes their life easy.  If Mahomes was in Buffalo, he wouldn’t have won mvp and wouldn’t have near the hype.  But he’d still be several steps ahead of JA imo.  

33 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Yea the Bills messed up big in that one. Made Andy look like a god.

Stop right there... Andy never made any QB look that good. It's all on Mahomes.

do you want the truth

McNabb not a hall of famer or even close BUT under Reid

6 pro bowls.....10 season 8 of them winning...5 seasons top 10 qb rating...8 years top 10 yds per game

Vick pro bowl under Reid 100.2 rating also two seasons 86.5-84.3 after averaging 75.5 in Atlanta 

highest completion percentages of his career including 62.6 after never being better than 56.4 with Atl

Nick Foles yep pro bowl under Reid 15-9 record 119.2  rating 27td 2int in a season 52 tds 17 picks with Reid

Kevin Kolb only  7 starts completed over 63% of his passes and showed well enough to be traded for a second round pick and Rodgers Cromartie who was 25 and a pro bowl corner  the year before

Alex Smith pro bowl 3 times (zero with sf) qb ratings of 89.1--104.7--91.2--95.4--93.4

102 tds  33 picks....5 years all winning records 4 playoff appearances

ya your right Andy has never made ANY quarterback  look that good

I'm going to take the word of a guy who watches every chief game has for 40 years and knows what he's looking at

Edited by CardinalScotts

the way he puts it....Reid put all assets into the offense its all he worries about its all he knows about he has sketchy Character he takes guys drafts guys you would raise and eyebrow over ....but then ignores the defense and he does it every year which is why he doesn't make the super bowl and they wont again. 

i have season tickets to chiefs home games and I go to 2 or 3 on  the road they have guys running open all over but they should be we are loaded and Reid calls the plays

Loves McDermott Allen not sure shows flashes but he's inconsistent and hes guys don't seem to seperate and they are all so tiny...could really use a Kelce when in trouble find the giant TE like Brady

just an outside opinion from a guy who is pretty smart and know whats up