Jerry Hughes performance of late

Hughes has been an excellent cost effective player for the Bills for 7 years.

He's got at least one more year albeit likely in a more limited role.

As far as the future of the Bills DEs go I think Shaq will want to stay here and they figure out how to make it work.

Trent is let go and they get a decent LDE in FA and draft another (Rounds 2 or 3).

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I see us extending Shaq and Phillip's and saying goodbye to Jerry & Trent. We need younger, faster edge rushers.

The only way that Beane gets rid of Hughes is through a trade.  His dead money means he is staying next year.

Also, I don't think they would get rid of both and Trent is the guy to release after this year.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Every week I see him at least one time coming around the tackle with an arm hooked around his neck and he hasn't drawn a holding call in forever.  Keep hustling Jerry.

He was straight up tackled on a move just like that against Pitt. My friends and I were apoplectic.

Jerry had some words for the officials a few times in the past, and they have held a grudge since.

5 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

The only way that Beane gets rid of Hughes is through a trade.  His dead money means he is staying next year.

Also, I don't think they would get rid of both and Trent is the guy to release after this year.

Agreed Hughes is worth more to us as a DE than the dead cap hit.

I would like to keep him under contract and bring in another pass rushing Edge player

• Like (+1) 1

Are the Bills suddenly thought to be hurting on defense?  No they are not, except for possibly at the opposite CB position. If anything they are going into the off-season with plenty of money and only a few small holes to fill.  I would love to be in Beane's position, and so would just about every other GM in the league.  (With that said, the thing that's often upspoken, is the utter lack of injuries in 2019....I would not count on that again next year.)