Playoffs - Need Nsekhe Back

ngbills

It'd be great to get him back. I'd prefer him as the full-time RT, but that's not what the team wants. At least he can keep Ford fresh in a rotation, and be available if anyone gets hurt.

I also like the idea of bringing him on the field as a 6th OLman when you need to run the ball or pass protect against a blitz on a PA deep shot--the latter being a look that they haven't shown yet, and could use to hit a timely big play come January.

12 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I don't know what this fetish for moving Ford to guard in 2019 is? I get that you might think Ford has been a liability at RT I get wanting Ty in there and moving Ford to the bench (although I think Ford has been decent at RT.) But Spain and Feliciano have been very good to solid at the guard positions. They don't need to be replaced by Ford. 

Spain is a UFA next year, and Ford was an excellent LG at Oklahoma.

It would be great to let him step in at LG, not have to spend money on Spain, and keep continuity of personnel.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

If we're playing Houston, there's a strong possibility that Watt is back.  We need all the help we can get to stop him.

If so, grab his arm hard early, yank it, risk the penalty.

But find out which side the pec was torn on.

Old time football has it's place.

1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

If so, grab his arm hard early, yank it, risk the penalty.

But find out which side the pec was torn on.

Old time football has it's place.

That would be unconscionably dirty. If a Bill did that, I would want him off the team, and I would hope this organization would feel the same way. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

It'd be great to get him back. I'd prefer him as the full-time RT, but that's not what the team wants. At least he can keep Ford fresh in a rotation, and be available if anyone gets hurt.

I also like the idea of bringing him on the field as a 6th OLman when you need to run the ball or pass protect against a blitz on a PA deep shot--the latter being a look that they haven't shown yet, and could use to hit a timely big play come January.

It would be great to let him step in at LG, not have to spend money on Spain, and keep continuity of personnel.

If your argument is that Ford might have to kick in to guard to take over for Spain in 2020 that is a much more coherent take. My issue is with anyone thinking Ty needs to take over at RT in 2019 AND Ford has to kick into guard (providing if Spain and Feliciano are healthy) makes zero sense to me. 

Just now, billsfan89 said:

If your argument is that Ford might have to kick in to guard to take over for Spain in 2020 that is a much more coherent take. My issue is with anyone thinking Ty needs to take over at RT in 2019 AND Ford has to kick into guard (providing if Spain and Feliciano are healthy) makes zero sense to me. 

The fact that Spain is leaving is the only reason I can stomach Ford going inside.  Ford has not been that bad, and fan expectations are wildly out of whack.  But if its to fill a hole, that is a different story. 

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The fact that Spain is leaving is the only reason I can stomach Ford going inside.  Ford has not been that bad, and fan expectations are wildly out of whack.  But if its to fill a hole, that is a different story. 

The Ford to guard argument in my opinion is a 2020 argument. You seem to have some people that think Ford needs to move to guard this year which makes no sense. 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Ford has been Fine. He went in against these Edge Rushers and how many sacks where given up from Ford?

Ford has not been fine, he has been getting much help from the TE's and the backs which is why they haven't been available to run routes at all or have to nudge the DE on Ford's side before they can slip out and get open. 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Ford ISNT going back to G.  Felciano is the G.  Nsekhe gets back they will go back into their Rotation like they have all Season

Yeah i've never understood the fascination with our teams and trying to move good tackles to guard. People wanted to do it with Glenn too. It makes no sense. Spain and Feliciano are really jelling with Morse, yet people want Ford to play G? It is REALLY baffling to me.

10 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

That would be unconscionably dirty. If a Bill did that, I would want him off the team, and I would hope this organization would feel the same way. 

Actually it be conscionably dirty.

Like grabbing a face mask and twisting a guys head, going low on a player, head to head hits, late hits, etc.

Just now, Mickey said:

Ford has not been fine, he has been getting much help from the TE's and the backs which is why they haven't been available to run routes at all or have to nudge the DE on Ford's side before they can slip out and get open. 

So you mean like Every team does against top end pass rushers?  Thanks

• Haha (+1) 1

I like Ty.....and if he comes back and starts as the vet I am fine with that

But Ford is getting a REALLY bad rap.......for a rookie he is playing just fine...a LOT of the higher touted rookie OL are playing INSIDE....not being asked to guard the edges.

Ford may well end up inside when it is all said and done....but he is not doing a horrible job at RT...it just isnt his best position.

2 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yes you are correct. My mistake. Basically I would rather have my veteran RT for the playoffs than start the rookie if at all possible.

Yes I was mistaken on that

It's not like Nsekhe  was bound for the pro bowl before getting hurt, I think most here would agree all season long whether it was Nsekhe  or Ford at RT, that was our weakest position overall on the line.  While overall Nsekhe  played better than Ford prior to the injury it still was somewhat shaky.   When did Nsekhe  get hurt, the Denver game?  Everyone was in a panic  at that point, myself included.  But based on Ford playing the last four games now full time he's done well and I'm not convinced there's be any improvement at this point anymore with Nsekhe as Ford has shown improvement, looked good going up against some top defenses, and the bar set by Nsekhe isn't that high to  start with. 

I used the word looking good. You could certainly argue, shouldn't we want great and the answer is yes, but  Nsekhe  never provided greatness either.

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I think either way Spain won't be re-signed as the team would rather pay for a rookie and develop him.  The question then becomes can they draft a better guard or RT in around the 2nd or 3rd round, that may determine where they play Ford.  If they do draft a RT and move Ford to guard, then likely the rookie and Nsekhe will again split time next season.

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

It's not like Nsekhe  was bound for the pro bowl before getting hurt, I think most here would agree all season long whether it was Nsekhe  or Ford at RT, that was our weakest position overall on the line.  While overall Nsekhe  played better than Ford prior to the injury it still was somewhat shaky.   When did Nsekhe  get hurt, the Denver game?  Everyone was in a panic  at that point, myself included.  But based on Ford playing the last four games now full time he's done well and I'm not convinced there's be any improvement at this point anymore with Nsekhe as Ford has shown improvement, looked good going up against some top defenses, and the bar set by Nsekhe isn't that high to  start with. 

I used the word looking good. You could certainly argue, shouldn't we want great and the answer is yes, but  Nsekhe  never provided greatness either.

I think either way Spain won't be re-signed as the team would rather pay for a rookie and develop him.  The question then becomes can they draft a better guard or RT in around the 2nd or 3rd round, that may determine where they play Ford.  If they do draft a RT and move Ford to guard, then likely the rookie and Nsekhe will again split time next season.

Yeah, I'm just saying that when the playoffs roll around I would definitely want my starting veteran RT to start (or rotate, however they were doing it) if he's able and healthy of course. You definitely would want him in there.

Just the experience will be much needed in the playoffs and nobody should really argue that.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy