OIG FISA Report Discussion and the real reason for the FBI Mar-a-Lago raid

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

just a question here before we get too far along in the threads...

i don't know a whole lot about  @BillsFanNC but an he be trusted not to delete the thread if it doesn't go the way he wants? again, i am not intending to disparage him/her in any way, i just know from past experience that this has happened before with certain posters and i don't want to lose the posterity this will contain.

Lol. I never intended this to be the official thread about the FISA report. My intention was for it to exactly what I stated in my first post, to be a discussion about only the contents of the report by folks who have actually read it.  My mistake was posting it too soon, I should have waited until after it was released.

I'm not going to delete anything, but again I assumed there would be a different thread on the FISA report that would devolve into the way things typically go around here. If a mod wants to move all of this content to a different named thread I'm fine with that too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Lol. I never intended this to be the official thread about the FISA report. My intention was for it to exactly what I stated in my first post, to be a discussion about only the contents of the report by folks who have actually read it.  My mistake was posting it too soon, I should have waited until after it was released.

I'm not going to delete anything, but again I assumed there would be a different thread on the FISA report that would devolve into the way things typically go around here. If a mod wants to move all of this content to a different named thread I'm fine with that too.

your word is good enough, i've no reason to suspect otherwise.

thanks

:beer:

Edited by Foxx
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Could you please add those two links to your OP?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, B-Man said:

Quick reminder:

Significant — Durham widely respected, has broader mandate & more info than IG

And I'm sure he just released a statement to rebuke the media reports because he's found nothing wrong or criminal during his investigation... 

... Oh, wait, it already shifted to a CRIMINAL probe. 

(But JA and others will say that today proves that nothing illegal went down, that Russia Collusion is still a legit fact, and that there was nothing dangerous about the FBI getting involved in a political campaign -- because they've made up their minds YEARS ago and refuse to change it, new information be damned. What do you call people like that? Right, NPCs)

41 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

One interesting thing to come out of this that's going to be completely glossed over in the "Orange Man Bad" debate: the FISA application process had really weak safeguards.  One would hope that a secret surveillance warrant process would have stronger requirements for issuing the warrant...but apparently, agents could easily cherry-pick the evidence they wanted to present with little in the way of supervision or oversight.

That's encouraging.  Just what I want in a secret surveillance warrant process.

Did the new one Trump signed fix that? No 

I've just read about 35 pages of the report including much of executive summary and conclusions/recommendations at end of report.  Horowitz comes off as an auditor which he is.  He's looking at procedures so his conclusions are mostly about sloppy work and how to clean that up with you know, training. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(But JA and others will say that today proves that nothing illegal went down

You're a moran.

, that Russia Collusion is still a legit fact,

See above. 

and that there was nothing dangerous about the FBI getting involved in a political campaign

See above.

I never said there was collusion. Never said nothing illegal went down. Never said there's nothing dangerous about the FBI getting involved. 

You are a liar, but that's known. 

Edited by John Adams