The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

Ok.. but,

you were implying that it appeared that I always took the same, Dem, side and that I didn't care about FISA abuse . 

I was pointing out that I am in favor of looking into the Fisa abuse and haven't always taken the Dems side.

You were in favor of continuing an investigation which did nothing but COVER UP the FISA abuse Bob. You were told that's what they were doing, for years, and you scoffed at it. Called it nonsense. 

Now you've been shown the side you were supporting were the liars. They lied to you. They broke the law numerous times. They meddled in a domestic election. They subverted the rule of law for partisan purposes -- and you've said NOTHING about it. Not a word. 

That's why no one believes you. There has been evidence of the malfeasance done in the public sphere for over two months now -- have you said anything about it? The only thing you said was that you wanted the very probe that did those crimes to have continued unabated. 

You're a deeply dishonest person.

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Which only shows how uniformed you are on the topic of Trump/Russia. You wanted to continue an investigation that was fraudulent from its formation, an investigation that KNEW its conclusion from the first day it was formed (that conclusion being that he was innocent of the conspiracy charge) — yet it carried on for two years, meddling in the midterm election along the way.  

Oh, and all the people who broke the law on FISA were working on the mueller team. 

That’s how dumb you are Bob. You’re arguing that an illegal, unjustified investigation that was protecting wrong doers should have continued indefinitely. 

Your brain is indeed broken. 

BiM is not worth the effort, DR.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m always perplexed by the people who constantly throw out the bullet point: “trump always lies”, yet take as gospel everything that proven and notorious liar, Adam Schiff says. Schiff was on TV for three years lying to the American public about a the Russia hoax and has been lying that he doesn’t know who the “whistleblower” is. 

Trump is certainly no saint and I’m sure he’s lied about many things in his life, but I’m curious as to what exactly the trump haters are referring to when they always say, “trump lies”.  And how those lies stack up to at least two attempts that we know of to overthrow the will of the American people through the election process and negate the results of a free and fair election. 

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 8

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Well, you had made the argument that your liar's lies were more or less more believable than my liars lies, I just assumed you had a machine of sorts to document that your liars are less likely to lie when they don't tell the truth.  If you're freestyling, that's cool too.  It's sort of the Adam Schiff model, but have at it.

Skepticism is healthy, and I acknowledge that you truly believe your liar's lie a lot less than Trump lies, and something you also believe something about Mike Pence. 

I would ask only that you acknowledge I'm skeptical of your claim, apparently fabricated, and that I acknowledge you think you hold the moral high ground on the issue of lies from politicians. I ask that you further acknowledge that I find that delightful and funny. 

That is my truth. 

Yeah I will acknowledge you are getting annoying.  If you want to claim Trump doesn't lie by orders of magnitude more than any of our previous leaders I would say you are blind or stupid or, possibly I missed the point of one of your stupid jokes.  Enjoy the evening.  

MAYBE IT WILL BE WHEN IT HAPPENS, BUT IT HASN’T ACTUALLY HAPPENED YET: 

Yes, Trump’s Acquittal Is Real, And It’s Spectacular.

Related: Dem leaders signal they won’t accept Trump acquittal as legitimate. 

BFD, they’ve never even accepted his election as legitimate.

They only consider any process legitimate when they win. Because they’re horrible, garbage people and bad Americans.

Meanwhile, a harsh-but-fair assessment seen on Facebook:

Screen-Shot-2020-02-01-at-4.39.43-PM.png

Plus:

coupclutzclan-600x578.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 8

3 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

I get your point and to an extent, I agree that most zealots know by now. 

Why keep repeating it then and trying to get it more publicity ?

The better question is why are they trying to keep it a secret?

A government agent announces he is attempting a coup that is underway, then the same agent becomes the center of a secret coordinated effort to remove the President. 

If investigating the corruption of a political opponent is cause for removal, it seems obvious that an attempted coup is pretty serious. Something the deeply concerned patriots with such high standards of propriety and transparency would want us to know about.

But for some unknown reason it is of the utmost importance that Eric Ciamarella's name not be uttered - especially on the record.

It's oddly inconsistent that the same patriots with such deep and genuine concerns for all facts, witnesses, and documents coming to light are also the people who are adamant that neither the Senate nor the public learn anything about the the people who initiated all of this.

We've already explained the absurdity of the proffered explanation that it's to protect his safety. No one still believes that. But they're still terrified of having his name mentioned on the record. That's odd. What are they afraid of?

If they have nothing to hide, why keep it a secret?

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

MAYBE IT WILL BE WHEN IT HAPPENS, BUT IT HASN’T ACTUALLY HAPPENED YET: 

Yes, Trump’s Acquittal Is Real, And It’s Spectacular.

Related: Dem leaders signal they won’t accept Trump acquittal as legitimate. 

BFD, they’ve never even accepted his election as legitimate.

They only consider any process legitimate when they win. Because they’re horrible, garbage people and bad Americans.

Meanwhile, a harsh-but-fair assessment seen on Facebook:

Screen-Shot-2020-02-01-at-4.39.43-PM.png

Plus:

coupclutzclan-600x578.jpg

Anyone else ever notice Nancy has dead eyes, like a freaking shark...

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, dubs said:

I’m always perplexed by the people who constantly throw out the bullet point: “trump always lies”, yet take as gospel everything that proven and notorious liar, Adam Schiff says. Schiff was on TV for three years lying to the American public about a the Russia hoax and has been lying that he doesn’t know who the “whistleblower” is. 

Trump is certainly no saint and I’m sure he’s lied about many things in his life, but I’m curious as to what exactly the trump haters are referring to when they always say, “trump lies”.  And how those lies stack up to at least two attempts that we know of to overthrow the will of the American people through the election process and negate the results of a free and fair election. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/12/16/president-trump-has-made-false-or-misleading-claims-over-days/

Today I met with my liberal friend for my twice a year argument and headache.

I said lets just not talk politics. He agreed. So, he sells houses and tells me how the 

house selling is booming...yet he mentions 4x the govt deficit. Now I know this

guy and know when he's fishing. I don't bite. Finally he drops the bombshell:

We wouldn't have a horrible deficit if not for the 2016 Trump tax break.

LOL....You can't talk to these people. 

Edited by Albwan
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

The better question is why are they trying to keep it a secret?

A government agent announces he is attempting a coup that is underway, then the same agent becomes the center of a secret coordinated effort to remove the President. 

If investigating the corruption of a political opponent is cause for removal, it seems obvious that an attempted coup is pretty serious. Something the deeply concerned patriots with such high standards of propriety and transparency would want us to know about.

But for some unknown reason it is of the utmost importance that Eric Ciamarella's name not be uttered - especially on the record.

It's oddly inconsistent that the same patriots with such deep and genuine concerns for all facts, witnesses, and documents coming to light are also the people who are adamant that neither the Senate nor the public learn anything about the the people who initiated all of this.

We've already explained the absurdity of the proffered explanation that it's to protect his safety. No one still believes that. But they're still terrified of having his name mentioned on the record. That's odd. What are they afraid of?

If they have nothing to hide, why keep it a secret?

Please, can you explain why you like to put his name out there more than it is already if not to further endanger the guy?  You missed that question apparently

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

Please, can you explain why you like to put his name out there more than it is already if not to further endanger the guy?  You missed that question apparently

Can you explain why putting his name out there bothers you?

Can you answer the question I posed in the post you're quoting?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

you've seen his exact words?

please post a link, i would like to see them myself.

TYIA

OK. When the book comes out and his words match the reports, THEN the slander will begin. And you KNOW it will. You a betting man?

I don't even care about this Ukraine nonsense, but I'm finding that both sides of the aisle have gone insane. We were on the brink of World War 3 because Trump executed orders to kill Soleimani! Trump had zero corrupt(personal interest) intent in his dealings with Ukraine and was simply rooting out corruption because he's a hero like that!

What a world.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Can you explain why putting his name out there bothers you?

Can you answer the question I posed in the post you're quoting?

"If they have nothing to hide, why keep it a secret? "

I stated five times why I think it is a bad idea.  Even if a political operative, increased danger in this environment is not necessary.   I suspect many want, but won't admit, the whistle blower to be punished and if physically punished, they would be giddy and would claim he deserved it. 

Was hoping for a different take but didnt really think there was one.

You did not answer my question yet

Edited by Bob in Mich

16 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Can you articulate one lie. A meaningful lie that rises to the level of lying about a foreign country conspiring with a presidential candidate to rig an election. 

fact is that you can’t make a single argument on your own regarding one lie, so you post this piece of hyperbolic garbage from the Compost. 

2 minutes ago, dubs said:

Can you articulate one lie. A meaningful lie that rises to the level of lying about a foreign country conspiring with a presidential candidate to rig an election. 

fact is that you can’t make a single argument on your own regarding one lie, so you post this piece of hyperbolic garbage from the Compost. 

Good Night idiot

8 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Good Night idiot

I’ll take that as a defeated no, nerd.

Let me educate you a little....

I took the time to read that garbage you linked. They actually cited the fact that trump referred to his call with Ukraine as “perfect” as a ‘lie’ or ‘misleading statement’. Now, I agree that it’s not the best way to describe the call, but to add that to some made up statistic as evidence of lies is a joke. 

Edited by dubs

25 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Today I met with my liberal friend for my twice a year argument and headache.

I said lets just not talk politics. He agreed. So, he sells houses and tells me how the 

house selling is booming...yet he mentions 4x the govt deficit. Now I know this

guy and know when he's fishing. I don't bite. Finally he drops the bombshell:

We wouldn't have a horrible deficit if not for the 2016 Trump tax break.

LOL....You can't talk to these people. 

You can't talk to them without a coherent response. That much is true. The deficit is unsustainable. You can't slash taxes without making unpopular cuts to social programs that many on the right rely upon. That's the conundrum. 

That's why I've always had respect for Paul Ryan. He doesn't beat around the bush. He would have the stones to campaign on cuts to education, SOCIAL SECURITY, healthcare, etc. 

The tax cuts will absolutely NOT pay for themselves, so something has to give. Trump is running around acting like he's diligently working to protect the ACA's pre-existing condition clause, which is pure nonsense.

Just keep it real and you're perfectly capable of having an HONEST debate.

24 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I don't even care about this Ukraine nonsense, but I'm finding that both sides of the aisle have gone insane. We were on the brink of World War 3 because Trump executed orders to kill Soleimani!

This is insane, you know that, right? 

We were never on the brink of WW3. The people who pushed that fear mongering are the very same folks who lied us into war in Iraq for "WMD", and directly profit from endless war. They've tried, several times, to box Trump in and make him choose war (or, our old foreign policy) and every time he's gotten out of it. If you don't realize by now that Trump wants world peace to be his legacy, you haven't been paying close enough attention. 

Trump is CiC. Soleimani was a very bad guy who had no business being in Iraq but to sow more chaos. Taking him out saved lives. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2