The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

my take from the twitterverse this morning... short of something from left field  (hi Donners), the trial is done. there will be no witnesses called and Trump will be acquitted in a bi-partisan manner. either late Friday or early Saturday. more likely late Friday though.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, people acting corruptly, abusing power and ignoring the basic values of our republic--"our republic" does indeed suck 

You guys are openly corrupt and think its great. There will be a price to pay. 

the Donners will disappear?

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, more Trumpers in jail. 

How many of his people are sitting in jail cells as I write this? 

this is not going to age well. i have however immortalized it so you can't delete it.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Crazy 

Attorneys argue that nearly any action is not impeachable if it’s in the public interest

The assertion from Alan Dershowitz, one of the attorneys representing President Trump, seemed to take GOP senators by surprise, and few were willing to embrace his argument.

Complete misrepresentation of what he said.  Very trash eating bum worthy.  Good job bro.  

smells like capitulation in here.  

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Clarify (obfuscate, really)  what he said then. 

Keep reading the thread.  Liberal tears mmmmm.

Edited by CoudyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Sort of implies all just a coincidence that Bidens were going to be involved in his requested investigation? 

I have to leave shortly but thought I would ask a question to you.  Check back later...or tomorrow

Do you honestly believe that he was primarily motivated in this Ukraine scheme by the country's interests or are you let's say, content, that it could be true?

Again, you're trying to bring intent into a legal discussion.  Just like in the example yesterday, the law doesn't much care about intent.   Trump's intent may have very well been to harm Biden.  But it doesn't matter because he didn't break the law.

You're following Schiff's reasoning to a tee, which is really a political argument best saved for the election.  It should have zero relevance on the impeachment.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Complete misrepresentation of what he said.  Very trash eating bum worthy.  Good job bro.  

smells like capitulation in here.  

Keep reading the thread.  Liberal tears mmmmm.

Lol, is this where you get your info? 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Lol, is this where you get your info? 

No.  I come here for a laugh.  If you are actually interested you can go to the source rather than flicking the ***** off the toilet paper before you read it.  That's the hill in case you are wondering.  

I get mine from the beacon journal.  

Edited by CoudyBills