The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

Cares about protecting whistleblowers -- until they don't. 

Don't forget, Nunes himself was a huge whistleblower against the IC and he was smeared for three years, doxxed, and attacked by Schiff. The same guy who claims to care about "the lives of whistleblowers". 

Dishonest argument from dishonest people. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Is this an argument that the President cannot take any policy position, no matter how good it is for the health of the country, if doing so would benefit his re-election?

How is having an announcement being made that Biden is under investigation in a foreign country, good for the US? That's is such a dishonest and anti-libertarian argument. 

You are such a fraud. Claiming you are against too much government power, except when you like the racist president we have. ####### 

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Cares about protecting whistleblowers -- until they don't. 

Don't forget, Nunes himself was a huge whistleblower against the IC and he was smeared for three years, doxxed, and attacked by Schiff. The same guy who claims to care about "the lives of whistleblowers". 

Dishonest argument from dishonest people. 

But Nunes was making false claims, and was dishonest. Still is. You guys are a cesspool of lies and garbage 

• Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Foxx said:

agree.

disagree.

disagree.

agree.

probably. invalid concerns.

pointedly.

the whistle blower is an important component in helping hold accountability within the governmental hierarchy.  however, there is nothing that explicitly grants the whistle blower immunity and or protection from exposure. lastly, there is a reasonable question as to whether or not the supposed whistle blower is actually, technically a whistle blower. whistle blowers are afforded certain protections but, and i could be wrong here, i don't believe protection from identity reveal is one of them.   

you opine whether the supposed whistle blower would come under duress from a fanatic. i would venture that the statistical likely hood of them coming under attack from a conservative is below any statistical norm of anyone else for anything else. yes sure the danger exists but so does the chance of getting a hangnail.

this whistle blower (if he can even be legally called that) is politically driven and quite possibly a political tool from the left. are others going to be discouraged from coming forward of their own volition, or better yet, probably better termed... brought forward by nefarious political forces, definitely not. 

yes, his contention is well supported by testimony. in that there were policy differences. nothing more.

if he is subpoenaed, he will be deposed in private before any public (if any) testimony, as will all 'new witnesses'. the import of the outing of the supposed whistle blower it multifaceted, with the main question surrounding his bias (remember the IG reported an obvious bias), his connections and the coordination of it all.

remember, i took the time here so please, if you wish to continue, be respectful and be cordial and honest in response. otherwise we will resort to the form yesterdays ended with.

Thank you.  I appreciate it.   Lunch plans today so I will likely get back to you later...or maybe tomorrow.

In brief it seems that people want to punish this guy.  If all the political suspicions and nefarious actions are true, that take is understandable.  it just seems that so far, I have only seen suspicions without any other proof, though I may have missed it.  Anyway, thx again.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

In brief it seems that people want to punish this guy.  If all the political suspicions and nefarious actions are true, that take is understandable.  it just seems that so far, I have only seen suspicions without any other proof, though I may have missed it.  Anyway, thx again.

Just yesterday you admitted you did not know the relevance of the IC-IG. 

You should research it, because it speaks directly to this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Is this an argument that the President cannot take any policy position, no matter how good it is for the health of the country, if doing so would benefit his re-election?

Sort of implies all just a coincidence that Bidens were going to be involved in his requested investigation? 

I have to leave shortly but thought I would ask a question to you.  Check back later...or tomorrow

Do you honestly believe that he was primarily motivated in this Ukraine scheme by the country's interests or are you let's say, content, that it could be true?

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

Sort of implies all just a coincidence that Bidens were going to be involved in his requested investigation? 

I have to leave shortly but thought I would ask a question to you.  Check back later...or tomorrow

Do you honestly believe that he was primarily motivated in this Ukraine scheme by the country's interests or are you let's say, content, that it could be true?

Not only is this a poorly worded question, it's stupid. 

All Trump needed to prove, to make the entire case moot, is that there was the POSSIBILITY that Biden's dealings in Ukraine weren't on the up and up. If there is even a hint of doubt on that matter, then Trump asking Ukraine to look into it cannot be attributed to solely political motivations. 

You lost. 

Again. 

It's over. 

5 more years of your torment to go...

• Like (+1) 4

DR, just a reminder.  You are on ignore.  You will remain on ignore meaning I don't read your posts or follow any links.

I will not engage with you based solely on your repeated horrible posting behavior towards me.    Out

Edited by Bob in Mich
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Possibly one of the reasons Trump called his phone call perfect.  Perhaps he thought his plan so good because he had a great defensible position that would be all but impossible to disprove.....unless the prosecution got their hands on all the emails, texts, and witnesses.  He had just the answer to that problem too with absolute immunity.

You're missing the point, which is twofold:

1. Persuing something because you believe it is in your own personal best interest does not preclude you from also believing it is in the best interest of the country.

2. Subjective intent is irrelevant when the underlying act is not improper.

For example, say a cop pulls over a driver who's going 10 over, has a busted tail light, and is borderline DUI. The cop intends to let him off with a warning, but the guy gets belligerent and mouths of to him.

Because he's personally offended the cop charges him w/ DUI, Speeding, & Defective Equipment. The cop's subjective intent is irrelevant because there was a legitimate basis for charging the man.

Establishing that the cop charged him for his own personal satisfaction rather than to fulfill his official duties does not render his actions improper in the eyes of the law.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Albwan said:

Why don't they bring Bolton and the Bidens criminal family on...Bolton has already 

agreed with Trump by stating it was a good phone call on tape...back pedaling will make him a liar...

Do it !!!

That's not their end game. They'd grill him as hard as they could to get any kind of dirt possible on Trump.

They're scum. They're driven by hatred and their lust for power. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nanker said:

That's not their end game. They'd grill him as hard as they could to get any kind of dirt possible on Trump.

They're scum. They're driven by hatred and their lust for power. 

Lol, like Trump pressuring foreign countries? 

The scum is on the right. It's scum, ignorance and lies. A garbage party. 

Seriously, the right wing is just a lie machine of conspiracy theories and fantastic nonsense that you guys lick up. Go live in Russia, please, it would make our country better 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Is it me or does Justice Roberts seem very unimpressive during the impeachment?  His role is very administrative so it's not a great chance to show off his work but from what I've seen he's a bit of a namby pamby.

Wouldn't trust him for anything. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

How is having an announcement being made that Biden is under investigation in a foreign country, good for the US? That's is such a dishonest and anti-libertarian argument. 

You are such a fraud. Claiming you are against too much government power, except when you like the racist president we have. ####### 

But Nunes was making false claims, and was dishonest. Still is. You guys are a cesspool of lies and garbage 

You really have a pattern here.

When things aren't going your way, you lash out with accusations against posters that you *wish* were true.

Sucks to be you.

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

DR, just a reminder.  You are on ignore.  You will remain on ignore meaning I don't read your posts or follow any links.

I will not engage with you based solely on your repeated horrible posting behavior towards me.    Out

As a reminder -- I don't care if you have me on ignore. I'll keep pointing out your flawed, shortsighted, and dangerous arguments for the bunk they are. If you responded to them, you'd only end up learning something new, and you've proven that you're HIGHLY against that. :lol: 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/21/2020 at 11:47 AM, snafu said:

Cue Ethel Merman:

There's no business like show business and I tell you it's so
Traveling through the country is so thrilling, standing out in front on opening nights
Smiling as you watch the theater filling, and there's your billing out there in lights
There's no people like show people, they smile when they are low
Angels come from everywhere with lots of jack, and when you lose it, there's no attack
Where could you get money that you don't give back? Let's go on with the show

^^^^^ Indeed...

Let's go, on with the show.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Is it me or does Justice Roberts seem very unimpressive during the impeachment?  His role is very administrative so it's not a great chance to show off his work but from what I've seen he's a bit of a namby pamby.

You don't like him being fair, maybe? You guys are just so arrogant and spoiled you think everyone should just take to your corrupt side and proclaim the man child a king? You guys really are a disgrace 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, snafu said:

You really have a pattern here.

When things aren't going your way, you lash out with accusations against posters that you *wish* were true.

Sucks to be you.

Yes, people acting corruptly, abusing power and ignoring the basic values of our republic--"our republic" does indeed suck 

You guys are openly corrupt and think its great. There will be a price to pay.