AFC wild-card race: Bills, Titans inspire confidence; Jags cooked

Scott7975

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001081003/article/afc-wildcard-race-bills-titans-inspire-confidence-jags-cooked

By Marc Sessler

Buffalo Bills (8-3)

Imagine waltzing up to a run-of-the-mill Bills fanatic in August and announcing that Buffalo would be 8-3 heading into a Thanksgiving Day clash with Dallas. This well-coached roster has exceeded expectations under star-in-the-making head man Sean McDermott, whose reputation for forging nasty secondaries has only grown, with phenomenal cornerback Tre'Davious White leading a cast that currently ranks third in pass coverage, via Pro Football Focus. Bullseye free-agent addition John Brown quietly leads the AFC in receiving yards, while second-year passer Josh Allen -- deep-ball accuracy aside -- has just one interception since Week 5 and plenty of juicy yardage on the ground. Barring a nuclear-level meltdown in Buffalo, this is your fifth seed in the AFC, but the schedule concerns are real: After tangling with the 'Boys, the Bills face the Ravens, Steelers and Patriots before closing it out with the suddenly saucy Jets. Two more wins along the way should do the trick. CONFIDENCE READING: 88.2/100

• Thank you (+1) 1

Yup, they should beat the Cowboys, Jets and have a shot at the pats***. To be frank (not that I’m Frank...ok, you get what I mean ?), there is zero reason they should lose to ANY of the teams looking forward as they are coming in to their own now. 

As I’ve said ad nauseum, I love where this organization is headed, regardless of what happens this year. Anything that happens NOW is simply icing on the cake. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The browns game I still haven’t watched but I’m wondering if it turns out to be a blessing in disguise. The offense needed badly to pick it up on their end and that loss may have propelled us forward to be playing our best ball at the most crucial part of the season . Like we have to be feeling good about ourselves more than ever with the  up tempo we are running. If we can hang with Dallas and show up on prime time, see what happens against Baltimore ( best thing is no one expects any team to beat Baltimore) then I have no doubt we take care of Pitt. I think Pitt will be like Denver good defensive test but their qb should put up no points on us.

i think it could very well come down to the jets game at home. That could be our playoff game one. I wouldn’t even be surprised if we give the pats a really good shot. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Like (+1) 2

Buffalo could very easily be playing in the AFC championship game in 2 months. Wildcard weekend, if we get the 5th seed and end up playing either HOU/IND, I like our chances there. At that point, we would presumably be heading to either Bal or NE, for either the second or third matchup vs either one of those teams. With the way Buf has played this year, it's hard to see that being anything other than 50/50. What IS hard to see, from where I'm sitting, is them winning that game AND THEN winning the next weekend against the remaining team that got a bye, or KC. I still think they're a year away, but would not surprise me at all to see them be a final four team this year.

• Like (+1) 2

National News outlets are starting to talk about us a little but I think the Pats Are very aware of us and our record. I also think that this is a trap game for Dallas  I think we can beat stealer's now  An Jets the pats in there house would be hugh. The rest I am not sure about

11 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Yup, they should beat the Cowboys, Jets and have a shot at the pats***. To be frank (not that I’m Frank...ok, you get what I mean ?), there is zero reason they should lose to ANY of the teams looking forward as they are coming in to their own now. 

As I’ve said ad nauseum, I love where this organization is headed, regardless of what happens this year. Anything that happens NOW is simply icing on the cake. 

Not bad trout, but I think they have a much better shot at the Steelers, than the Pats in Foxborough.  It sounds cynical, but I don’t have high hopes for the Ravens and Pats, although agree with you a very good shot at the Jets and Cowboys.  I basically predict we finish 10-6, or maybe 11-5 and secure the 5th seed.  That means we play wildcard Sunday against and AFCS winner.  We can beat any one of those three teams in that race.

• Like (+1) 1

Cowboys is a tough matchup for the Bills.

Wallace has to play his best game. Cowboys have three legit WR’s. Secondary is going to have a big challenge. I like the matchup a little bit more than I did three weeks ago. Since the Bills line has been getting pressure, it should help some.

I think the Bills could be a matchup problem for the Ravens. 
Bills have speed to help contain Lamar. The biggest concern is will the DE be able to funnel Lamar back to the middle of the field where Edmunds and Milano will be. 

The Pats don’t really scare me. Bills just can’t beat themselves. Belichick is doing his best coaching ever. I say this because I think this Pats team is the least talented and Brady is deteriorating right in front of our eyes. I have watched a ton of Pats games this year. They are masters of taking advantage of mistakes.

Steelers looks much more winnable right now with the QB situation up in the air. It will be tough to win in Pitts in December, it always is.  But a healthy Allen and Singletary behind  the oline should be enough to get a win. This will be like the Browns game, can the Bills make the plays at the end to win?

Jets, who knows? They will be out of the playoffs and have nothing to play for except maybe trying to ruin the Bills season. It will interesting to see if Gase still has his team playing together and hard then.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975