Can the Detractors Now Admit Allen's Growth?

H2o

12 hours ago, WideNine said:

It's hard when it comes to Allen as he has shown the plasticity to be open to coaching and seems to have the ability to apply what he has learned. There are some ups and downs, but I think the overall trend is a positive aggregate of lessons learned and applied.

So any blanket statements like "he will never", or "he will always" are premature at best considering he is still growing as a NFL QB.

Hard to know what we have till you can come to a consensus that his NFL skills have plateaued. As long as he is willing to put in the work, and that work shows up in a positive way as improved results on the field, we will need to be patient.

He could have a great game against the Broncos or an awful game, they are both possible at this point. 

Didn't like the pick when drafted, but I'm warming up to it. 

Through the 1st 5 games this year:

9 total td's (6 passing and 3 rushing) 7 ints and 5 fumbles.

Not pretty.

The last 5 games this year:

11 total tds(7 passing and 4 rushing) 0 ints and 4 fumbles. ZERO INTs !!

Keep throwing to our guys, but tuck that ball away.

Josh Allen

Individual Rank: Bhanpuri: 18 | Blair: 22 | Filice: 18 | Parr: 20

2019 stats: 10 games | 60.3 pct | 2,175 pass yds | 6.9 ypa | 13 pass TD | 7 INT | 331 rush yds | 7 rush TD | 3 fumbles lost

Parr: Allen looked a little bit like a kid flinging the rock around the schoolyard against an overmatched Dolphins defense, finishing his 4-TD day (3 passing, 1 rushing) with a career-high 117.7 passer rating. He's not yet consistent enough on a week-to-week basis, and he's still in the bottom half of the league in most of the major passing categories, but Buffalo has to be encouraged by the second-year QB's play of late. He's had a passer rating of 110 or higher in three of his last five games, compiling a TD-INT ratio of 8:0 during that stretch. He's gone a career-long five games without an INT, giving him a span of 163 pass attempts without a pick (second-longest active streak behind Kirk Cousins' 177). Don't get it twisted: We're not putting Allen in Lamar Jackson's MVP-type territory, but this is a true fact: Allen and Lamar Jackson are the only QBs with 8 or more pass TDs and 0 INTs since Week 6. Don't sleep on this guy's improvement, even if it's been a little more subtle than his fellow 2018 first-rounder's.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001079118/article/qb-index-week-12-dak-in-top-5-tom-brady-slides-out-of-top-10

I liked the write up in their QB rankings about Allen.  Didn't want to start a thread about it so I thought this would be a good place to share.

• Thank you (+1) 2

He's had a passer rating of 110 or higher in three of his last five games,

compiling a TD-INT ratio of 8:0 during that stretch.

He's gone a career-long five games without an INT,

giving him a span of 163 pass attempts without a pick (second-longest active streak behind Kirk Cousins' 177).

head-coach-sean-mcdermott-of-the-buffalo

giphy.gif

But they all say I SUCK!!!!! 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Josh Allen

Individual Rank: Bhanpuri: 18 | Blair: 22 | Filice: 18 | Parr: 20

2019 stats: 10 games | 60.3 pct | 2,175 pass yds | 6.9 ypa | 13 pass TD | 7 INT | 331 rush yds | 7 rush TD | 3 fumbles lost

Parr: Allen looked a little bit like a kid flinging the rock around the schoolyard against an overmatched Dolphins defense, finishing his 4-TD day (3 passing, 1 rushing) with a career-high 117.7 passer rating. He's not yet consistent enough on a week-to-week basis, and he's still in the bottom half of the league in most of the major passing categories, but Buffalo has to be encouraged by the second-year QB's play of late. He's had a passer rating of 110 or higher in three of his last five games, compiling a TD-INT ratio of 8:0 during that stretch. He's gone a career-long five games without an INT, giving him a span of 163 pass attempts without a pick (second-longest active streak behind Kirk Cousins' 177). Don't get it twisted: We're not putting Allen in Lamar Jackson's MVP-type territory, but this is a true fact: Allen and Lamar Jackson are the only QBs with 8 or more pass TDs and 0 INTs since Week 6. Don't sleep on this guy's improvement, even if it's been a little more subtle than his fellow 2018 first-rounder's.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001079118/article/qb-index-week-12-dak-in-top-5-tom-brady-slides-out-of-top-10

I liked the write up in their QB rankings about Allen.  Didn't want to start a thread about it so I thought this would be a good place to share.

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

head-coach-sean-mcdermott-of-the-buffalo

giphy.gif

But they all say I SUCK!!!!! 

3 minutes ago, syhuang said:

Please stop posting this mess. God, when are YOU PEOPLE going to realize we could have had Mahomes, Watson, or Jackson already?!?!?!?:rolleyes: 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 11/18/2019 at 3:37 AM, Kelly the Dog said:

The Dolphins are a bad defense. That is a factor. 

Its also a factor that this is the first game the OL gave him consistent blocking and time. He had no sacks or fumbles or interceptions. And scrambled well. That is also a factor. 

This game also showed that he has one WR and one only, although Beasley is a decent complementary slot guy. And maybe arguably a decent TE. 

I thought Daboll was awful and entirely predictable and they did well despite him not because of him. 

This is is a very good game considering all those factors. 

I think Allen hasn't looked for Beasley enough on 3rd and 5s and instead gone deep to McKenzie or Foster or  Brown...We need Beasley to run not more than 5 yards...that is usually a 1st Down.

• Like (+1) 1

Allen is a great dude and perfect for this football team. Just need to see him take it to the next level. Last weeks game was awesome, but it comes with the asterisk *its Miami*.   Today vs Denver is the perfect matchup to see if he can be the man. He’s underwhelmed me in games at New Era Field. Too many 3 and outs.  Too many throws on 3rd and 5 where he gives the receivers zero chance to make a play.  Just take the easy passes today when they’re there. Value possessions and moving the chains. Be the man today. That’s what I wanna see.