The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

18 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

It's the House's duty to make a case in the House of Representatives. It's the Senate's duty to try that case, not a new case brought about by the House in the Senate. Brit Hume is right on the money.

the House is the prosecution. the Whitehouse is the defense in any impeachment of the president. the Senate are only jurors.

i'm sorry, Brit is off here.

Edited by Foxx

55 minutes ago, Foxx said:

the House is the prosecution. the Whitehouse is the defense in any impeachment of the president. the Senate are only jurors.

i'm sorry, Brit is off here.

The House is more like a grand jury. 

The Pelosi Stillborn Impeachment

by Dov Fischer

Original Article

It was very subtle. Few picked up on its deeper ramification, not in the Left media, not in the pro-Trump media. Maybe it took a combination rabbi–attorney to detect the nuance in three words spoken out of turn, a sinful hate.

As Nancy Pelosi lost her standoff with Mitch McConnell, bowing to the collapse of support even within her own Democrat caucus, she finally bit the bullet and conceded that she would have to submit her impeachment articles without having won a single face-saving concession from her Senate opponents after a fortnight of dangling the articles in her hallucination that she was dangling candy.

And how will Nancy Pelosi be remembered in history?

Has any other Speaker of the House ever before lost the House majority and the Speakership twice? Nope. Just stay out of the way as the shards from the glass ceiling rain down upon her when she gets ousted again from the Speakership — this time for life.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

You know, I would love to see the liberal heads explode if the GOP takes the House next year, and passes a resolution vacating the Articles of Impeachment - declaring them a nullity and restoring President Trump to the status he enjoyed on December 17, 2019.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ted Cruz vows that House Democrats’ impeachment shenanigans ‘will not continue in the Senate’

GOP Sen. Ted Cruz seems relieved that at long last, Nancy Pelosi is sending the articles of impeachment to the Senate, but that doesn’t mean he’s forgotten how House Democrats have conducted themselves:

The reason is that the Articles fail to meet the constitutional standard for impeachment. They do not allege a single crime was committed – not even a speeding ticket.

It’s been disheartening to watch House Democrats subject our constitutional process and the President to relentless abuse and partisan gamesmanship for blatantly political purposes. That pattern will not continue in the Senate.

Make no mistake; the Senate will give President Trump and the American people a fair trial. One that follows precedent and respects due process. Unlike the House, we will be fair, give both sides a full opportunity to present their case, and allow the President to defend himself.

Senate should do its job quickly. I look forward to reviewing the evidence, voting on these facially-deficient Articles & continuing to deliver on promises made to the American people, like securing our border, reducing federal regulations & creating more economic opportunities.

If the allegation are based on falsified testimony and falsified evidence, I hope the perpetrators are kept accountable to the same standard of scrutiny they subjected our President to endure

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1