The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

13 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I don’t think that works on impeachment.  As one poster suggested in the aftermath of the vote, many, many people likely thought Trump had to pack his bags after it all went down. 

The general public has little to no confidence in our politicians to start, in the warm glow of the realization that the FBI was dirty in pursuing Russia, with Nancy Pelosi struggling to articulate what the $#@& is actually going on, and with Trump’s prodigious capacity to hammer home a point in 140 characters or less, and tossing in the actual rules on impeachment, I think they fail miserably with that message. Plus, the ace in the hole, Trump yelling loudly”let’s get to it!” to be replaced with “this is BS”.  

I think it works and I'm surprised they SEEM to be taking that approach. It's quite frankly something Trump would do himself. Call the "trial" rigged and keep it moving. He sat out a debate because of something; forget what it was. This is obviously much more serious, but the Dems could actually win with the general public(largely misinformed) by citing all the R Senators who've already said they'd exonerate Trump regardless of the evidence presented. Demand Trump, Bolton, Mulvaney etc. testify or you'll just move on and "let the voters" decide.

It would be unprecedented, but I think the "rules" of politics have been turned upside down. 

Clearly you don't believe it would work and I respect that point of view; just beg to differ.  Perhaps risky, but I believe it's a winning strategy.

19 minutes ago, B-Man said:

F16D9CD3-C2E1-4DF2-8254-E6CABF689579.thumb.jpeg.74dc644c8e28524204296a2ab9d68d7d.jpeg

The selfie that Rashida Tlaib took and shared on her way to vote for impeachment sure showed how much pleasure she derived from voting to impeach. That made me sick to see her getting such joy from the impeachment.  This is serious ***** and her happiness at her role in this says a lot.  

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The selfie that Rashida Tlaib took and shared on her way to vote for impeachment sure showed how much pleasure she derived from voting to impeach. That made me sick to see her getting such joy from the impeachment.  This is serious ***** and her happiness at her role in this says a lot.  

The day she was sworn in she spoke to her supporters and offered this little gem:" we'll impeach the mother *****". 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Nanker said:

There it is!!! There it is!!!

Thats exactly what I saw that changed my mind from being an avid if not rabid Hillary supporter to realizing I had to vote for Trump. 

That ad changed my mind, my life, my political affiliation and more. It was... Inspirational, transformational, epiphanial. It was downright game changing for me and millions of other staunch democrats. 

To quote 44..”NA NA NAH HOLD ON JUST A SECOND!”.

This was one of the fakes??  I pressed help to help Jesus win!  Jesus isn’t even a Russian?? 

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

I think it works and I'm surprised they SEEM to be taking that approach. It's quite frankly something Trump would do himself. Call the "trial" rigged and keep it moving. He sat out a debate because of something; forget what it was. This is obviously much more serious, but the Dems could actually win with the general public(largely misinformed) by citing all the R Senators who've already said they'd exonerate Trump regardless of the evidence presented. Demand Trump, Bolton, Mulvaney etc. testify or you'll just move on and "let the voters" decide.

It would be unprecedented, but I think the "rules" of politics have been turned upside down. 

Clearly you don't believe it would work and I respect that point of view; just beg to differ.  Perhaps risky, but I believe it's a winning strategy.

I’ve been wrong before. 

I look at it like this.  If enough people are truly dumb enough to buy an argument that an Impeachment hearing that magically becomes #resistTHEsenate when the entire process is dependent on the senate, and said people vote, well it’s hard to overcome that volume of dumb and the game is lost anyway.  

we have a shot here at getting some semblance of balance back, but some heads have to roll (figuratively speaking).  I don’t hold out a lot of hope, I know far too many decent, educated and otherwise honorable people seemingly comfortable with all that has transpired because Trump ain’t their guy.  Seriously, who the &$#@ wants an out of control DOJ steamrolling it’s citizens for political gain?  The answer is every ordinary American willing to sit idly by and watch it happen. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’ve been wrong before. 

I look at it like this.  If enough people are truly dumb enough to buy an argument that an Impeachment hearing that magically becomes #resistTHEsenate when the entire process is dependent on the senate, and said people vote, well it’s hard to overcome that volume of dumb and the game is lost anyway.  

Completely understand where you're coming from, but the volume of dumb is probably higher than we'd like to believe.

And to be clear, Trump is not my guy; at all. So I'm very much biased. Also never cared for Michelle's shtick to go high when they go low.

As to the topic; do the dems really have a choice? There's literally nothing they could present in a trial that would lead to an impeachment. It was an impulsive, ridiculous decision to go down this road, but the only play they have here is to block the Senate trial because a Trump victory tour would end their chances in 2020.

Edited by LSHMEAB

10 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Completely understand where you're coming from, but the volume of dumb is probably higher than we'd like to believe.

And to be clear, Trump is not my guy; at all. So I'm very much biased. Also never cared for Michelle's shtick to go high when they go low.

As to the topic; do the dems really have a choice? There's literally nothing they could present in a trial that would lead to an impeachment. It was an impulsive, ridiculous decision to go down this road, but the only play they have here is to block the Senate trial because a Trump victory tour would end their chances in 2020.

I don’t want to seem overly dramatic, but this all comes on the heels of the 3 dark years of the Russian narrative.  It’s not impulsive, it was calculated and an attempt to destroy Trump and his family. The Kavanaugh hearing was not organic, it was meant to destroy a man in front of his family, and to destroy his wife and children for good measure.  

Their ultimate play to destroy him, and if in the process they win in 2020, that’s gravy. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I don’t want to seem overly dramatic, but this all comes on the heels of the 3 dark years of the Russian narrative.  It’s not impulsive, it was calculated and an attempt to destroy Trump and his family. The Kavanaugh hearing was not organic, it was meant to destroy a man in front of his family, and to destroy his wife and children for good measure.  

Their ultimate play to destroy him, and if in the process they win in 2020, that’s gravy. 

In all fairness, the Republicans would have pounced on any chance to impeach Obama. POUNCED. I fully believe there would have been a strong push to impeach for precisely what Trump did. Really do. I don't think either side is capable of realizing how similarly they operate.

Let's say Trump is re-elected, McConnell is still Senate majority leader, and RBG were to buy the farm in Trump's last year. You think Mitch is gonna play it the same way he played the Garland nomination?

Politics is an ugly business. Just is.

For the life of me I can't figure out what the Democrat's plan is. However ridiculous they may be, these are highly intelligent people who are very adept at strategy and manipulation. But from my vantage point it appears they're doing everything in their power to help President Trump.

My conscious mind thinks there must be another act to this play because it all seems to good to be true, but even as a highly intelligent and erudite poster that you're all very lucky to have, I can't figure out what their end game is.

My logic can be clouded with bias, but my gut usually tells me the truth, and my gut feels really good right now.

I'm starting to think they're just completely outmatched and it's thrown them off their game. They've had it easy with a supporting media and castrated Republican party for so long that they don't know how counter this. They're like the Patriots whose strategy has worked against conventional offenses all year until a wild card like Lamar Jackson comes to town and they don't know how to make adjustments.

I think a big part of this may be due to an observation Jonathan Haidt made from his research - Conservatives can predict liberal behavior far better than liberals can predict conservative behavior. That may extend to an inability to predict the middle as their base has moved into the far left Twitter bubble.

In my estimation, the only thing that could have been worse for them than a sham impeachment is validating all those who called it a partisan sham by making the partisan move to withhold the articles of impeachment from the Senate, which undercuts their entire narrative that President Trump is too great a danger to wait a few months to let the electorate decide.

It's clear they relied on the media to give them cover, which it most certainly has, but they miscalculated and pushed so far that even that can't save them. 

It appears that President Trump has just set them up for another checkmate.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rob's House said:

For the life of me I can't figure out what the Democrat's plan is. However ridiculous they may be, these are highly intelligent people who are very adept at strategy and manipulation. But from my vantage point it appears they're doing everything in their power to help President Trump.

My conscious mind thinks there must be another act to this play because it all seems to good to be true, but even as a highly intelligent and erudite poster that you're all very lucky to have, I can't figure out what their end game is.

My logic can be clouded with bias, but my gut usually tells me the truth, and my gut feels really good right now.

I'm starting to think they're just completely outmatched and it's thrown them off their game. They've had it easy with a supporting media and castrated Republican party for so long that they don't know how counter this. They're like the Patriots whose strategy has worked against conventional offenses all year until a wild card like Lamar Jackson comes to town and they don't know how to make adjustments.

I think a big part of this may be due to an observation Jonathan Haidt made from his research - Conservatives can predict liberal behavior far better than liberals can predict conservative behavior. That may extend to an inability to predict the middle as their base has moved into the far left Twitter bubble.

In my estimation, the only thing that could have been worse for them than a sham impeachment is validating all those who called it a partisan sham by making the partisan move to withhold the articles of impeachment from the Senate, which undercuts their entire narrative that President Trump is too great a danger to wait a few months to let the electorate decide.

It's clear they relied on the media to give them cover, which it most certainly has, but they miscalculated and pushed so far that even that can't save them. 

It appears that President Trump has just set them up for another checkmate.

Five year old denied a chocolate bar at he grocery store, denied he slumps down on the floor and screams and kicks his legs 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

100%. They went on a fishing expedition and caught a sunfish. They need to prevent the Trump public victory lap politically. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

100%. They went on a fishing expedition and caught a sunfish. They need to prevent the Trump public victory lap politically. 

they need to prevent the end result of a journey they initiated?

try this... stop breathing.

let me know how you make out.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

In all fairness, the Republicans would have pounced on any chance to impeach Obama. POUNCED. I fully believe there would have been a strong push to impeach for precisely what Trump did. Really do. I don't think either side is capable of realizing how similarly they operate.

Let's say Trump is re-elected, McConnell is still Senate majority leader, and RBG were to buy the farm in Trump's last year. You think Mitch is gonna play it the same way he played the Garland nomination?

The problem with your theory is that the Republicans when in control of the house, did not pounce on an impeachable offense, real or imagined. In fact, as Cotton Eyed Joe was shaking down the Ukes and bragging about it, it hardly caused a ripple nationally. I’m not naive, I don’t think the Republicans are pure as the driven snow, I simply think of it as two warring street gangs with an uneasy alliance where one suddenly loses it’s collective mind and figures the theory of “mutually assured destruction” is a bunch of bs. 

You raised an excellent point on Garland, but it’s not the one you think. 

Republican response to Garland: 

We have control of the Senate, we are going to play the loyal Opposition role and simply wait you out as is our right.

Democrat response to Kavanaugh:

Well, we Borked Borke, we nearly destroyed Clarence Thomas over an allegation of a ***** hair on a Pepsi can...let’s find a willing assassin to make a vague, unfounded, unsubstantiated and completely unprovable allegation of sexual assault from 40 years ago (phase 1), let’s send in our best prosecutorial team in to destroy him in the public square in front of his wife and daughters, and in phase 2, we’ll launch another attack that suggests he’s the lead engineer of a rape train. If he cracks and they find him in the garage with the door down and car running, awesome. If a crazy from our side takes him out, great. If he survives it all and isn’t institutionalized when all is said and done, the message has been sent to Trumps next appointee. 

Put another way, consider Garland, Kavanaugh, Souter and Sotameyer in context.

I am not suggesting anything, I’m stating emphatically that the next Trump nominee to the SC will get exactly the same treatment as Kavanaugh, though the proportionality will be ratcheted up.  Why? Because their base can look at Garland and are willing to accept that it’s the same as Kavanaugh...the same as Mueller...the same as Impeachment over a president.  If, say, Amy Coney Barrett is the nominee to replace RGB, watch respected jurist and mother of 6 be subjected to all sorts of innuendo and allegations of sexual misconduct. I’d predict at a minimum inappropriate physical contact with impressionable underclassmen at ND, but likely much worse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Rob's House said:

For the life of me I can't figure out what the Democrat's plan is.

Neither can they

8 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

In all fairness, the Republicans would have pounced on any chance to impeach Obama. POUNCED.

In all fairness, you're not a regular here so you probably don't see the ironic humor in using an often mocked Narrative as your argument

Republicans, Pounce!!! :lol:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Facts:

Trump did nothing to warrant impeachment. The dems keep throwing stuff against the wall and nothing has stuck other than some manufactured crisis void of any crime or fact witnesses.

Obama committed numerous acts worthy of impeachment inquiries:

He weaponized the IRS to persecute his political opponents.

He made unauthorized and illegal prisoner swaps with our sworn enemy.

He gave 1.8 billion in cash to terrorists.

His administration lied to a FISA court to obtain the ability to spy on a CIA asset and all of that asset's contacts. Those lies were the catalyst for a 3-year investigation that damaged our country in a real way.

Obama colluded with Russia by bargaining Europe's missile defense based on the timing of his expected reelection. 

Obama's administration was involved with actually running weapons to Mexico that killed U.S. citizens. 

Obama violated our Constitution by financially bailing out his supporters at the expense of valid investors.

Those are little acts of malfeasance that come immediately to mind. He is what is commonly called a scoundrel. Nobody pounced on him though and he was able to prance through his presidency with the protection of the MSM.

• Like (+1) 8