The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Nope. 

He’s got a losing hand and he’s playing it as weak as can be because he’s feckless. 

the economy is going miraculous, nothing to do for Dems but to gripe and suck on their teeth and whine to the toady media

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/21/2019 at 7:02 AM, 3rdnlng said:

He gave 1.8 billion in cash to terrorists.

You cited quite a few "impeachable offenses" committed by the Obama administration, but this one? Yeah. No. If the Iran Nuke deal is impeachable/wrong, then so is putting Lil' Rocket Man on the world stage. Multiple countries involved, so that's just weak.

As far as the FISA abuse, I'd say it's high time for Bill Barr to get crackin'. Conservatives have the courts. Got the AG. Got the White House. Barr would have to derelict in his duty to allow these "crimes" to go unpunished, right?

50 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

You cited quite a few "impeachable offenses" committed by the Obama administration, but this one? Yeah. No. If the Iran Nuke deal is impeachable/wrong, then so is putting Lil' Rocket Man on the world stage. Multiple countries involved, so that's just weak.

As far as the FISA abuse, I'd say it's high time for Bill Barr to get crackin'. Conservatives have the courts. Got the AG. Got the White House. Barr would have to derelict in his duty to allow these "crimes" to go unpunished, right?

Due process is slow — when you’re talking about taking down former high ranking officials from the past administration. Doubly so when they’re not just trying to make air tight cases, but reverse the trend of a two tier justice system which 44 emboldened as the most lawless president in history. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Obama would have been impeached for it, except that the Democrats hadn't made the "disagreements in foreign policy are an impeachable offense" precedent yet...

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Obama would have been impeached for it, except that the Democrats hadn't made the "disagreements in foreign policy are an impeachable offense" precedent yet...

Yes. I've made it clear I don't like the Trump impeachment and find it incredibly flimsy. Just taking exception to phrasing that particular deal, whether you like it or not, as "he gave 1.8 bil to terrorists." Too cute for my taste.

10 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yes. I've made it clear I don't like the Trump impeachment and find it incredibly flimsy. Just taking exception to phrasing that particular deal, whether you like it or not, as "he gave 1.8 bil to terrorists." Too cute for my taste.

Completely agree.  

I've just stopped arguing with that *****, because no one listens. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/23/doj-impeachment-vote-undercut-house-mcgahn-testimony-089604

Impeachment II: Impeach Harder!

Edited by DC Tom
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Call it what you will, but Obama bent over backwards to help the mullahs at the expense of our own security and that of our allies:

Operation Cassandra

Stuxnet 

Just to name the two most insidious. If you’re unfamiliar with then you should read up on them... 

He also spied illegally on congress and the press during the run up to the Iran deal so that they could silence opposition. 

He was all the way crooked. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

So, who the hell did he give that 1.8 billion in various foreign currency, all stacked on pallets and delivered in the middle of the night to? You might make a case for releasing the 150 billion in seized assets being released but why cash except as some type of bribe? 

Edited by 3rdnlng

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Call it what you will, but Obama bent over backwards to help the mullahs at the expense of our own security and that of our allies:

Operation Cassandra

Stuxnet 

Just to name the two most insidious. If you’re unfamiliar with then you should read up on them... 

He also spied illegally on congress and the press during the run up to the Iran deal so that they could silence opposition. 

He was all the way crooked. 

I'm familiar with Stuxnet, which was responsible for taking out a good chunk of Iran's nuclear capabilities. I know there was a leaker, but I'm gonna need more info to figure out what this has to do with presidential malfeasance. Maybe I'll take a look at it after I lose my bet on this MNF game.

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, who the hell did he give that 1.8 billion in various foreign currency, all stacked on pallets and delivered in the middle of the night to? You might make a case for releasing the 150 billion in seized assets being released by why cash except as some type of bribe? 

The currency was delivered to Iran as a (perhaps foolish) stop gap approach in preventing them from proliferating their nuke program. Appears as though Iran is crumbling with sanctions and internal strife since the deal was squashed, but this is a policy debate.

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm familiar with Stuxnet, which was responsible for taking out a good chunk of Iran's nuclear capabilities. I know there was a leaker, but I'm gonna need more info to figure out what this has to do with presidential malfeasance. Maybe I'll take a look at it after I lose my bet on this MNF game.

Stuxnet was leaked to the NYT by General Cartwright — who was indicted for it. Then pardoned by 44. It exposed our ally (Israel) and was done to give the Mullahs a bone in the negotiations for a deal that had no hope of stopping a nuclear armed Iran. 

Put another way: Obama leveraged a top secret weapon of our allies in order to win favor with the worlds leading terrorist exporter. He did it knowingly, and with malice. All the while spying on the reporters trying to cover that story and pressuring them to remain silent. 

Operation Cassandra is even more insidious. He allowed Hezbollah to build and operate trafficking networks inside the USA, drugs, weapons, and people, calling off multiple investigations into them in order to curry favor with the Mullahs. 

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2017/obama-hezbollah-drug-trafficking-investigation/

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The currency was delivered to Iran as a (perhaps foolish) stop gap approach in preventing them from proliferating their nuke program. Appears as though Iran is crumbling with sanctions and internal strife since the deal was squashed, but this is a policy debate.

The deal had zero chance to prevent Iran from obtaining nukes. That wasn’t Obama’s goal. 

And he sold out our allies, and our own national security to make the deal happen. 

His administration was all the way crooked. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

56 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Like most things in life, it’s more complicated than that, but one could argue that cutting a deal with your mortal enemy comes with risk.  

It seems not in dispute that a substantial, life-altering amount of money went in cash, which certainly inspires confidence in one’s leadership.  It always amazed me that these proud nations of the world could pool the finest minds in the world and figure out the Iran Nuclear deal, but the only way for Barry to settle up with the Ayatollah was a cargo load of cash that disappears into the mist. 

My only question Is how much was skimmed off the top as it hands touched it, including Obama, Clinton, Biden and the rest.  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Like most things in life, it’s more complicated than that, but one could argue that cutting a deal with your mortal enemy comes with risk.  

It seems not in dispute that a substantial, life-altering amount of money went in cash, which certainly inspires confidence in one’s leadership.  It always amazed me that these proud nations of the world could pool the finest minds in the world and figure out the Iran Nuclear deal, but the inky way for Barry to settle up with the Ayatollah was a cargo load of cash that disappears into the mist. 

My only question Is how much was skimmed off the top as it hands touched it, including Obama, Clinton, Biden and the rest.  

It wouldn't surprise me at all. 

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

A quid pro quo?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, westside2 said:

A quid pro quo?

Yeah. Slightly different because it had nothing to do with (perceived) political gain, but meh. None of it sways me.

TBH, I read a bit regarding the the innuendo about Trump/Russia/Ukraine and I read a bit regarding Fast and Furious/Iran Deal/Benghazi and I see two sides of the same coin. 

It'd be awesome if this country was actually talking about policy matters.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah. Slightly different because it had nothing to do with (perceived) political gain, but meh. None of it sways me.

How can you say there was no political gain? Obama trumpeted the Iran deal as the centerpiece of his foreign policy accomplishments. 

The deal was all about political gain. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

How can you say there was no political gain? Obama trumpeted the Iran deal as the centerpiece of his foreign policy accomplishments. 

It certainly wasn't about actual gain since it gave everything to Iran and didn't make the world safer. Actually the cash and the release of Iran's assets helped them fund terrorism that killed our military personnel and civilians. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Therein lies the heart of why this impeachment is utter B.S.

No matter what any President might do in the future, he or she can’t run for re-election on their record. All foreign policy decisions can be called out as having been made for personal political gain.

• Like (+1) 2