Daboll is an excellent play caller

1 minute ago, Buffbills123 said:

If play designs are resulting in WRs wide open for game-changing touchdowns and your QB can’t hit it, that’s not on the OC. 

No, but when you are playing one of the worst run defenses in the league and your rookie RB is averaging over 5 yards per carry and he only has 8 rushes that’s on the OC.  8 carries for Singletary while Allen had 6. Pathetic! 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

No, but when you are playing one of the worst run defenses in the league and your rookie RB is averaging over 5 yards per carry and he only has 8 rushes that’s on the OC.  8 carries for Singletary while Allen had 6. Pathetic! 

Sure, when you’re passing game struggles, you question why the run game wasn’t more of a focal point.

No one is even discussing the run to pass ratio if our QB could complete the NFL version of a layup. 

Edited by Buffbills123

Go ahead and fire Daboll, I wouldnt disagree with it. But do we really trust McD to find a good replacement? It’d be his 3rd OC in 4 years and our offenses have consistently been really bad during his time here.

Edited by Bangarang

41 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don’t see what would be served by firing him mid season, but McDermott for reals needs to have a “come to Jesus” meeting with him and figure out some guidelines or oversight of the play calling, because it’s beyond bizarre at times.

That this meeting hasn't taken place puzzles me.  It's not like we'd be told, but we'd see a difference on the field.

Give Norv an Assistant HC title this off season.

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don’t see what would be served by firing him mid season, but McDermott for reals needs to have a “come to Jesus” meeting with him and figure out some guidelines or oversight of the play calling, because it’s beyond bizarre at times.

Not unless they feel someone in house, whose seen the whole situation and knows the players, can turn the offense around... I don’t see it as a good idea.

11 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Not unless they feel someone in house, whose seen the whole situation and knows the players, can turn the offense around... I don’t see it as a good idea.

Phil Housley would be a better OC than Daboll.  Daboll is dreaming about his double order of hot wings after the game, during the game.

14 minutes ago, Buffbills123 said:

Sure, when you’re passing game struggles, you question why the run game wasn’t more of a focal point.

No one is even discussing the run to pass ratio if our QB could complete the NFL version of a layup. 

The point is they should have come in focusing on the run. This is not the first time the coaching staff has tried to out smart opponents by going with the opposite and it doesn’t work. When the Bills have faced teams with a weak secondary they ran the ball.  it’s been just the opposite when they’ve faced weak run teams as they’ve passed the ball. When Josh struggled they still called pass plays instead of helping him out by running the ball. 

Josh can be better no doubt  but Daboll can be better. You have to be smarter with a second year project QB and he’s not setting him up for success. Josh is what he is at this point. He’s not going to be a hall of farmer all of a sudden. He’s going to give you good plays and bad plays but you have to set him up for success and not running the ball more is not helping him. Sitting on the ball at the end of the game after Josh hit two big throws is not helping him especially when he’s been one of the better 4th quarter QB’s in the league. I put that last drive on Coach McD more than Daboll but Daboll can be better. 

5 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Can mcdermott fire another OC? 

He needs to fire himself after what he did to end the game. 

5 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

The point is they should have come in focusing on the run. This is not the first time the coaching staff has tried to out smart opponents by going with the opposite and it doesn’t work. When the Bills have faced teams with a weak secondary they ran the ball.  it’s been just the opposite when they’ve faced weak run teams as they’ve passed the ball. When Josh struggled they still called pass plays instead of helping him out by running the ball. 

Josh can be better no doubt  but Daboll can be better. You have to be smarter with a second year project QB and he’s not setting him up for success. Josh is what he is at this point. He’s not going to be a hall of farmer all of a sudden. He’s going to give you good plays and bad plays but you have to set him up for success and not running the ball more is not helping him. Sitting on the ball at the end of the game after Josh hit two big throws is not helping him especially when he’s been one of the better 4th quarter QB’s in the league. I put that last drive on Coach McD more than Daboll but Daboll can be better. 

He needs to fire himself after what he did to end the game. 

Was awful last drive. Did he veto a call or something? 

I see what you mean, not letting Allen go for it. One thing Allen might be is a 'hall of farmer' though. 

Edited by london_bills

23 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Go ahead and fire Daboll, I wouldnt disagree with it. But do we really trust McD to find a good replacement? It’d be his 3rd OC in 4 years and our offenses have consistently been really bad during his time here.

Nope! Coach McD is part of the problem. Defensive coach that wants to handicap the offense and shut things down. I have zero confidence Coach McD would make a good hire. 

4 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

I disagree.  WRs are wide open.  It’s on the QB to execute.  The OC should not go run heavy  to hide JA’s deficiencies.  Cleveland was in cover zero most of the game. The plays were there, the QB wasn’t. 

Just now, Buffbills123 said:

I disagree.  WRs are wide open.  It’s on the QB to execute.  The OC should not go run heavy  to hide JA’s deficiencies.  Cleveland was in cover zero most of the game. The plays were there, the QB wasn’t. 

This is what I think. But the last drive I was trying to work out if that was on mcd getting involved in the playcalling rather than on Allen which I felt was the case for the majority of the game. 

2 minutes ago, Buffbills123 said:

Daboll is that you? Why limit Singletary to like 8 carries? Why go to the strength or the teeth to there D? There run defense is horrible.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Daboll is that you? Why limit Singletary to like 8 carries? Why go to the strength or the teeth to there D? There run defense is horrible.

But josh had plays on the field wide open plays he missed i can see if we were struggling to get open the wideouts were open josh missed bad today

This is nuts for years it was air it out we need to be in the modern nfl game where teams throw 35 times now its we need to run first and make that our number one option like we havent seen that for 10 years