Eight players, one question: What’s the biggest concern Bills must address?

YoloinOhio

All the games the Bills have won to this point they should have won & if they wouldn't have they would be a really bad team but they have now they need to take the next step to prove that they are taking the next step & beat those teams that every one else thinks they will lose .

Like the Eagles, Cowboys, Ravens, & most importantly the Pats then they can all go suck a rotten egg !! 

The players and coaches know they have beaten teams they should beat. The team knows it has a lot to work on, things that can be fixed this season and some things that need personnel moves after the season. 6-2 is a great step and hopefully we get a playoff appearance this year. They should enjoy the wins, but not lose focus on what they are right now. The Bills are a team that has to play a near perfect game to beat the best teams in the league. They are building a team that will be getting better and contending for a few years at least. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Great quote from Charlie Weis this morning as I was heading in to work and listening to the SiriusXM NFL channel...a Cowboys fan was moaning and groaning about how bad they looked and got lucky to beat the Giants.  Weis asked him (rhetorically) "what's the most important thing on Sunday (or Monday) night?  A win -- and that's all that matters because by noon the next day the entire team and coaching staff are on to the next game."

Nobody in the Bills' organization is worried about how good or how bad they looked on Sunday.  They are only focused on getting better and preparing for the next foe.

21 hours ago, hjnick said:

The reason why people/fans are having a hard time billeaving this team is for real is the way we have been winning.

Our D is legit, but this offense is just plain hard to watch sometimes.  We were up 17-6 at half and after that it looked like our offense went into a shell and played prevent throwing for almost the whole third and fourth quarters, leaning on our defense... A good team shouldn't do that.

I don't blame any of the players for this, I blame the coaches to call run, run, run all the time, trying to run out the clock instead of trying to attack Washington and pass *some*, not a ton, enough passing to keep the defense guessing.  We were running well yesterday, it was screaming play action pass down the field all second half.  I think we did it once or twice...

Coaches need to stop going into a shell up more than a TD... put teams away.

Did you happen to catch the "Andre Roberts Mic'd Up" session on the Buffalo Bills website?

As a mic'd up session it's a snooze except for great footage of his long return, but there is some discussion on the sideline between what happened to some of the kickoffs and punts - early in the game one apparently got up to a certain point and then dropped down and backwards.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/mic-d-up-andre-roberts

I say this just because I think the weather may have had more impact on the game than the fans appreciate.  I think part of what Daboll did wrong against the Eagles was to come out with a gameplan that was predominantly pass with some vanilla runs, not appreciating just how much of an impact the wind could have in, what is to me, still "The Ralph"

25 minutes ago, T master said:

All the games the Bills have won to this point they should have won & if they wouldn't have they would be a really bad team but they have now they need to take the next step to prove that they are taking the next step & beat those teams that every one else thinks they will lose .

Like the Eagles, Cowboys, Ravens, & most importantly the Pats then they can all go suck a rotten egg !! 

That's not how the NFL works. Should the Packers have beat the Chargers? Instead they got held to under 12 points. Does that mean they are "really really bad"?

Underdogs beat better teams every single week. Why? Because there are good, professional football players on every single team. Sometimes a worse team comes in and outplays you. Happens to every single team. The Patriots are better than the Ravens. The Ravens lost to the Browns, for goodness sake. But the Ravens put together a good game and beat the Patriots.

22 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Do you want to let a future Hughes or Poyer go because you panicked too soon?  

asking for a friend 

Since this seemed to be confusing to someone 

Both Hughes and Poyer were let go by their former teams because they were deemed not good enough too soon. 

Thanks to those bad choices by former teams  ---  Both have been VERY good for Buffalo 

So ... "Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater"

(that is an idiomatic expression for an avoidable error in which something good is eliminated when trying to get rid of something bad, or in other words, rejecting the favorable along with the unfavorable)

44 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Since this seemed to be confusing to someone 

Both Hughes and Poyer were let go by their former teams because they were deemed not good enough too soon. 

Thanks to those bad choices by former teams  ---  Both have been VERY good for Buffalo 

So ... "Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater"

(that is an idiomatic expression for an avoidable error in which something good is eliminated when trying to get rid of something bad, or in other words, rejecting the favorable along with the unfavorable)

I agree. We should have extended Zay Jones rather than trading him away, in a couple years he might be Randy Moss.

Allen is my biggest concern.  We’re 6-2 despite having a QB who has been at the bottom of the pack statistically.  He is either 30th or 33 (120 passes min) or 41st of 46 (10 passes min) players in DYAR and he’s 31st if 32 among qualified QBs in QBR.  He’s only ahead of Mariota who has been benched and is right behind Trubisky who looks about to be benched.

Daboll has focused on running the ball and has limited Allen’s throws.  He’s schemed him a lot of short and intermediate-middle throws as well as throws like hooks where the WR stops.  Allen has done pretty well on those. Deep and other more difficult throws have only been used a little to keep the defenses honest and haven’t been very effective. A lot of the offensive woes are related to how limited the offense is right now and that’s related to Allen’s current limitations. That’s what I see holding the Bills back against the better teams.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb/2019

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr