What is missing on this Bills jersey??

class_of_2012

I saw this on another football team's forum today, and it honestly infuriated me. The members in the forum thought it was hilarious. But my question is what name is missing on the Norwood jersey? It looks kind of strange...the number is off center. What is going on?

image.thumb.png.d03a059059843fbb6e0f687a

Edited by class_of_2012

29 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

Do you have an answer to my question, or are you just trying to start trouble?

It’s obvious isn’t it. 

There is a giant hash tag...#wideright

if you didn’t know the history, why did it infuriate you?

Edited by Chill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, class_of_2012 said:

I thought the guy had covered up the first name or something on that jersey.

Sorry man...didn’t mean to rude...you must be a younger fan...to those of us who lived through it, there is no doubt that meant.

In fact, anytime Scott Norwood is brought up, it only means one thing.

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Sorry man...didn’t mean to rude...you must be a younger fan...to those of us who lived through it, there is no doubt that meant.

In fact, anytime Scott Norwood is brought up, it only means one thing.

Thanks for being nice. That pic angered me. It was on a Jets forum, and the poster had the gall to say the Jets would still make the playoffs this year! LOL.

9 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

I saw this on another football team's forum today, and it honestly infuriated me. The members in the forum thought it was hilarious. But my question is what name is missing on the Norwood jersey? It looks kind of strange...the number is off center. What is going on?

image.thumb.png.d03a059059843fbb6e0f687a

You're asking if others are trying to start trouble?  Some Bills fan you are!  Sad.

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Sorry man...didn’t mean to rude...you must be a younger fan...to those of us who lived through, there is no doubt that meant.

If only Scotty could have made the damned kick. 

Would have dramatically changed the last 30 years for Bills fans, in many differing ways.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, class_of_2012 said:

Thanks for being nice. That pic angered me. It was on a Jets forum, and the poster had the gall to say the Jets would still make the playoffs this year! LOL.

Yup I can’t wait to listen to Joe Beningo go nuts on WFAN tomorrow after losing to the Fins! ?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, StHustle said:

So what did you think happened to the numbers??

Not sure. That is why I asked. I thought it was some husband-wife thing, where each chose a different player? And maybe the other player was cut, so the name and number was covered up? Or the person had bariatric surgery, but wanted to keep the jersey?

It looks like a name has been patched over on the left, but there is no patch for the number.

The fact that the name on the jersey is to the right of center does not imply a field goal was missed, as many made field goals are to the right or left of center, but still good. It is not obvious what the jersey meant, especially when worn by a Bills fan. I am a Bills fan, but would never be caught dead in that jersey.

Why would the NFL even sell such a jersey???

Edited by class_of_2012