Joe B. All-22 Review of Bills-Eagles : Star was best Bills player on the front 7

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

The problem with being unable to form you own opinions is you're beholden to whatever you've been told to believe.

Nobody played the same as they did against the Dolphins, it was a bad game across the board.

Difference being is that I provided full clips and my own opinion, as opposed to reposting someone else's tweets.  

Pot meet kettle. 

I can make an argument that individually they played worse against Dolphins, but lucked out by playing a much more inferior team.  They were no match against the Eagles who totally outschemed them.  As proven on the 65 yd dash, Pederson was always one step ahead of McDermott.  

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

You have repeated this to him....I don’t understand why he’s not getting it.

I’m not answering anymore until he shows me proof of his athletic subscription. :lol: It’s ok to not subscribe and I try to post as much excerpts as I legally can but one can’t argue stuff incessantly about an article one chooses not to read. 

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You have repeated this to him....I don’t understand why he’s not getting it.

Because for the 1,000th time I disagree with his opinion that Star played much better.  Joe dug a hole by immediately blaming Star for the poor run game, then did a 180 with an A- score.  That's crappy journalism. 

Just now, GG said:

Difference being is that I provided full clips and my own opinion, as opposed to reposting someone else's tweets.  

Pot meet kettle. 

I can make an argument that individually they played worse against Dolphins, but lucked out by playing a much more inferior team.  They were no match against the Eagles who totally outschemed them.  As proven on the 65 yd dash, Pederson was always one step ahead of McDermott.  

LMAO this ain't debate club bro, you don't get points for continuing a bad argument. You're wrong, you don't know the fundamentals of football (like at all), and all you're doing now is wasting everyone's time. Don't make me dig up the other Lotulelei thread.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not answering anymore until he shows me proof of his athletic subscription. :lol: It’s ok to not subscribe and I try to post as much excerpts as I legally can but one can’t argue stuff incessantly about an article one chooses not to read. 

You're slowly growing into 26 territory.  Start posting your opinions for a change as well. 

44 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Right because of the steep DT talent we have to replace him and Sean usually doesn't back his players in public?  He's all we have at 1 tech and Sean's not going to call him out. Sorry thoseare not my main factor in the conclusion.

I agree with this. I would not expect him to say anything less in front of the media anyways.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

LMAO this ain't debate club bro, you don't get points for continuing a bad argument. You're wrong, you don't know the fundamentals of football (like at all), and all you're doing now is wasting everyone's time. Don't make me dig up the other Lotulelei thread.

Just like you have provided proof that Peko doesn't belong on an NFL roster compared to Stars play. 

Just now, GG said:

Because for the 1,000th time I disagree with his opinion that Star played much better.  Joe dug a hole by immediately blaming Star for the poor run game, then did a 180 with an A- score.  That's crappy journalism. 

Post that quote from the article from your subscription.  I have a strong feeling you are completely misinterpreted it.  I don’t think you read the article.

4 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I agree with this. I would not expect him to say anything less in front of the media anyways.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/sean-mcdermott-calls-out-charles-clay-and-kelvin-benjamin/ar-BBNfnXN

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Post that quote from the article from your subscription.  I have a strong feeling you are completely misinterpreted it.  I don’t think you read the article.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/sean-mcdermott-calls-out-charles-clay-and-kelvin-benjamin/ar-BBNfnXN

ok, well I stand corrected then lol

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Note that you are asking me to violate copyright, here you go Sue

Hot Take Monday:

Miles Sanders’ 65-yard touchdown run should be enough to signal the grand problem with the Bills defense. Since they lost Harrison Phillips to a season-ending injury, things have not been the same for the Bills. Phillips had been playing at an extremely high level and took the pressure off the underperforming Star Lotulelei. In those three weeks, Lotulelei had been the starter in title only. Phillips was the far superior performer and wound up getting more time on the field than Lotulelei. Since Phillips’ injury, the Bills have cobbled together their defensive line combinations trying to find a spark. Sometimes it works, but it’s been fleeting. The problem begins right up the middle with Lotulelei and backup Kyle Peko.

The primary responsibility of a one-technique defensive tackle, as a bigger-bodied player, is to occupy blockers when facing double teams. If he’s in a one-on-one matchup, he needs to prioritize holding his ground and beating the block. Lotulelei and Peko have not been good enough in these essential facets of the position. Lotulelei’s issue is with moving laterally. When a team gets him moving, he has a more difficult time keeping his assignment at the line of scrimmage and he isn’t winning his one-on-one matchups. It puts more of a stress on the linebackers to bail him out, and if they’re unable, runs such as Sanders’ 65-yarder can happen. They ran that play right at Lotulelei’s gap, and the Eagles quickly brushed him aside. While he should remain a role player, they need to lighten his load — and they can’t do so with Peko as his backup. Peko is a smaller player who has a difficult time holding up at the point of attack.

Backtrack Tuesday

I’ll be the first one to admit it. After watching the Eagles break off some significant gains in the ground game — including the 65-yard Miles Sanders touchdown run — my inclination was that one-technique defensive tackle Star Lotulelei was struggling. Lotulelei could have done more on that play, but it wasn’t entirely his fault the Eagles busted loose for the biggest play of the game. Weakside linebacker Matt Milano needed to siphon the runner to the hard-charging Micah Hyde on the outside. Instead, Milano froze and provided a big running lane right up the middle, which effectively canceled out his supporting tackler, Hyde. It’s that type of play that shapes a game, and sometimes shapes our thoughts of the game. That’s the beautiful part about reviewing the film, to see where you erred on Sunday — and I whiffed on Lotulelei, though I don’t think I’m alone.

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Note that you are asking me to violate copyright, here you go Sue

Hot Take Monday:

Miles Sanders’ 65-yard touchdown run should be enough to signal the grand problem with the Bills defense. Since they lost Harrison Phillips to a season-ending injury, things have not been the same for the Bills. Phillips had been playing at an extremely high level and took the pressure off the underperforming Star Lotulelei. In those three weeks, Lotulelei had been the starter in title only. Phillips was the far superior performer and wound up getting more time on the field than Lotulelei. Since Phillips’ injury, the Bills have cobbled together their defensive line combinations trying to find a spark. Sometimes it works, but it’s been fleeting. The problem begins right up the middle with Lotulelei and backup Kyle Peko.

The primary responsibility of a one-technique defensive tackle, as a bigger-bodied player, is to occupy blockers when facing double teams. If he’s in a one-on-one matchup, he needs to prioritize holding his ground and beating the block. Lotulelei and Peko have not been good enough in these essential facets of the position. Lotulelei’s issue is with moving laterally. When a team gets him moving, he has a more difficult time keeping his assignment at the line of scrimmage and he isn’t winning his one-on-one matchups. It puts more of a stress on the linebackers to bail him out, and if they’re unable, runs such as Sanders’ 65-yarder can happen. They ran that play right at Lotulelei’s gap, and the Eagles quickly brushed him aside. While he should remain a role player, they need to lighten his load — and they can’t do so with Peko as his backup. Peko is a smaller player who has a difficult time holding up at the point of attack.

Backtrack Tuesday

I’ll be the first one to admit it. After watching the Eagles break off some significant gains in the ground game — including the 65-yard Miles Sanders touchdown run — my inclination was that one-technique defensive tackle Star Lotulelei was struggling. Lotulelei could have done more on that play, but it wasn’t entirely his fault the Eagles busted loose for the biggest play of the game. Weakside linebacker Matt Milano needed to siphon the runner to the hard-charging Micah Hyde on the outside. Instead, Milano froze and provided a big running lane right up the middle, which effectively canceled out his supporting tackler, Hyde. It’s that type of play that shapes a game, and sometimes shapes our thoughts of the game. That’s the beautiful part about reviewing the film, to see where you erred on Sunday — and I whiffed on Lotulelei, though I don’t think I’m alone.

LOL...are you really that petty???

He retracted his statement.  It happens in the media all the time.  That’s called being a professional....correcting your mistake.

Whats unprofessional is being so incredibly stubborn and not changing an opinion even though evidence stares you in the face.

Geezus dude.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL...are you really that petty???

He retracted his statement.  It happens in the media all the time.  That’s called being a professional....correcting your mistake.

Whats unprofessional is being so incredibly stubborn and not changing an opinion even though evidence stares you in the face.

Geezus dude.

Call it whatever you want.  Note that I also took issue with Joe's take that Star was the worst player.  

PS apology accepted for the claims that I don't do research. 

Edited by GG

16 minutes ago, GG said:

Just like you have provided proof that Peko doesn't belong on an NFL roster compared to Stars play. 

Nah bro I got better things to do...you know what though, finding tape that shows how much worse Peko is than Lotulelei sounds like a job you can probably handle. Do some of that high level analysis you're famous for and decipher the difference between the two lmao

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Nah bro I got better things to do...you know what though, finding tape that shows how much worse Peko is than Lotulelei sounds like a job you can probably handle. Do some of that high level analysis you're famous for and decipher the difference between the two lmao

But enough time to defend Stars average play?

I thought you are the resident expert on the play design?  Why is Peko so much worse in execution?

10 minutes ago, GG said:

But enough time to defend Stars average play?

I thought you are the resident expert on the play design?  Why is Peko so much worse in execution?

Are you genuinely curious? Because these are questions I would gladly answer but nothing about you strikes me as particularly genuine.

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Are you genuinely curious? Because these are questions I would gladly answer but nothing about you strikes me as particularly genuine.

Just for kicks what makes you believe that I’m not interested in the answer given the back and forth in these threads.