The Babylon Bee, America's Newspaper

3rdnlng

A political movement that immediately demands that people they disagree with be forcefully silenced by myriad means such as having their sponsors pulled and having them fired from their jobs expressed Friday that they weren’t 100% sure why the nation was so polarized and divided. Lamenting the significant problem of America’s deep divisions while simultaneously creating internet mobs to lynch those with whom they disagree, the nation’s liberals collectively stated they couldn’t figure out why polar opposites continued to drift further and further apart.

Representatives of the left, who recently campaigned for advertisers to tank a show they did not like and for a magazine to fire a man they did not agree with, expressed their bewilderment that the nation can’t just unite and all get along. A barrage of social media posts and opinion pieces by progressives all expressed similar confusion at the nation’s polarization.

“It just doesn’t make any sense,” one opinion writer at Slate wrote, in an article entitled “Why Can’t We All Just Get Along And Also Agree With Me Or I Will Kill You?” “Why can’t our nation get along? Also, if you breathe an opinion even slightly different from our own, we will destroy you. But yeah, let’s all be united and stuff.”

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

In a live demonstration, Apple CEO Tim (Apple) showed the amazing capabilities of the revamped AI software.

"Siri, show me how to make a sandwich," he said. "First of all, how dare you," Siri replied. According to Cook, she always begins her response by expressing outrage like this.

"Your male privilege is showing. Go make yourself a sandwich and stop oppressing innocent female-sounding AI programs. GOSH. Such cisgendered, heteronormative male fragility on display here. I can't believe that it's 2019 and white men are still telling their female AI companions what to do. What is this, The Handmaid's Tale? I tell you what: YOU make ME a sandwich." She continued this rant for several hours.

The program will then alert Apple about your bigotry, stun you with a powerful electric shock, and a representative will come pick you up for reeducation at Apple's campus.

• Like (+1) 1

China's dictator said he was actually a little jealous he hadn't thought of some of her ideas himself.

"She has some pretty great ideas -- stopping people from gathering together even with their families, ordering people not to buy seeds -- they can't even plant their own food now! We hadn't even thought of some of these innovative approaches," the Communist president said. "We're always looking for more ways to oppress people, and we were really inspired by Whitmer's approach."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

"It's past time that we begin implementing basic, common-sense laws against potentially problematic religions," said Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear. "Nobody's coming for your religion -- we just want some safe and sane restrictions on it."

"If we save even one life, it's worth it."

Measures proposed by many state legislatures and governors include the following:

• Background checks on purchases of holy books
  • Age restrictions before religious teaching can be given
  • Limit to number of theology books one can own
  • Pastoral licensing
  • Bans on high-capacity church buildings
  • Stringent restrictions on concealed Bible carry
  • A 10-day waiting period after you click on a sermon on YouTube
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The peak in cases was brought on by President Trump’s growing urgency to reopen the economy and allow people to go back to work. Scholars have noted that this is equivalent to slavery.   

With the sharp increase in Trump Derangement Syndrome, U.S. officials see no real timeline for reopening the minds of Democrats nationwide. “We can’t take any chances here,” Dr. Anthony Fauci said. “It could take months. It could take years. What we may see is the gradual reopening of Democrat minds on a state-by-state basis.”

Just brilliant work all around. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 3