Apparently Hearst wasntthe only one to visit

zevo

Hmmm.......are we not totally satisfied with our current DE's? I thought Kelsey played okay. But I realize we have very very little depth at that position.

300460[/snapback]

well they had to have Van den Bosch, with two bad knees he fits the bill.

Vanden Bosch, 6-4 and 278, would be a candidate for a backup defensive end job in Buffalo...

...He's a high-effort, high-character player.

Sounds like he'll fit right in with the rest of our defensive ends.... :D

I would not mind if we signed Vander Bosh. I beleive he was selected before Schobel in the draft. He is a white, high motor player he would give the Bills a monopoly on white, high motor, defensive ends.

Hell, why stop at Van den Bosch? Let's grab ALL the white, high motor DEs and take DE Bill Swancutt with our 3rd rd pick.

Just kidding around but bringing in Van den Bosch causes me to wonder if maybe Denney is considered tradeable and we are looking for another DE in the draft to groom.

That poor guy...going through his life with a name like "Kyle Vanden-Bosch".  Thank god he was a football player and able to defend himself, because with a name like that, he sounds like he should be in some basment playing Dungeons & Dragons.

300472[/snapback]

Being 6"4" and 278 kind of makes his name a non-issue, at least for most other people, especially this 5"10" and 185 lb poster.... :devil:

Hell, why stop at Van den Bosch? Let's grab ALL the white, high motor DEs and take DE Bill Swancutt with our 3rd rd pick.

Just kidding around but bringing in Van den Bosch causes me to wonder if maybe Denney is considered tradeable and we are looking for another DE in the draft to groom.

300561[/snapback]

Tradeable?? I'll take a six-pack. If Michelob is too steep then Bud will do....

Kyle Vandenbosh, to me, would be a very shrewd move for depth. Guy played with huge heart during his losing seasons with AZ. Injuries aside, for smarts and effort, he'd be a good fit.

I love the idea of Hearst as well. He played tough as nails all of his career. Twice won Comeback Player of the Year. Overcame huge odds with his injuries. Does that sound like another RB we have on our team??? He could be a good mentor to Willis. God forbid Willis gets another tough injury, who better to have as a teammate than Garrison Hearst?

These are the types of offseason Vet pickups that NE pulls off.

Hmmm.......are we not totally satisfied with our current DE's? I thought Kelsey played okay. But I realize we have very very little depth at that position.

300460[/snapback]

He played okay in limited duty. It is pretty clear that Denney is just not going to play up to where we drafted him so a little depth at DE is certainly called for. Can you imagine where we would be if Schobel went down?

hello. i am undersized (150lb), white DE who is extremely high-motor: while at temple, i led my intramural touch football team in sacks in 1983. i'm 39, but it is a "young" 39, and i think i can still bring it.

any budding agents out there who think they can get TD to invite me to camp? a couple months in the weightroom and i'm sure i can put on at least 10lb. i always wanted to play for the bills.

hello.  i am undersized (150lb), white DE who is extremely high-motor: while at temple, i led my intramural touch football team in sacks in 1983. i'm 39, but it is a "young" 39, and i think i can still bring it. 

any budding agents out there who think they can get TD to invite me to camp?  a couple months in the weightroom and i'm sure i can put on at least 10lb.  i always wanted to play for the bills.

300803[/snapback]

depends, if you have white hair like TD you'll be a lock.

hello.  i am undersized (150lb), white DE who is extremely high-motor: while at temple, i led my intramural touch football team in sacks in 1983. i'm 39, but it is a "young" 39, and i think i can still bring it. 

any budding agents out there who think they can get TD to invite me to camp?  a couple months in the weightroom and i'm sure i can put on at least 10lb.  i always wanted to play for the bills.

300803[/snapback]

That depends, are you an "intellgent" football player and are you a "high character guy"? Do you have a "tremendous upside" (meaning that you are so bad now there is virtually infinite room for improvement)?