Allen>>>Darnold

33 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Anyone that wins here will make fans feel like they relate to them. See what happens if he stops winning or doesn't improve.

A fire sale on pitchforks and torches... most of us have seen that play out for more than a few QBs here. I have more faith in Allen and this regime than I have had for others over the past decade and a half, but we will see. 

We ARE winning, and we are the only team that gave NE fits. Admittedly Allen had a rough 1st half, but he also was the only QB to march down the field against those guys to score a TD... resiliency after getting kicked in the sprinkler and the moxey to push your team to a win at the end of games; you cannot teach those.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ngbills said:

Bit of a stretch. They had a good drive to start the half. Next drive was 3 and out. After that was an Allen Int. Next drive he got hurt and it was going to be another 3 and out potentially. 

If the hit were legal, I think Josh blasts through for 1st down yardage but............ there was a (some say bogus) holding call on the Bills that would have made it 3rd and 18? and they would have played from there with a punt.  Josh is a handful with an extra down, a spread offense and a tired defense.  I's have liked to see that ending.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Sam needs to close his yap versus talking about "the Jets being unstoppable" and just play the damn game.......Josh is humble, mindful , respectful , etc of the game....pretty damn qualities IMO.....and by all means, he is WE versus ME......

Josh Allen's approach to life and the game of football is refreshing. We all know he is a team player. Sometimes his competitive nature and confidence take over...its ok.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rocket94 said:

Josh Allen's approach to life and the game of football is refreshing. We all know he is a team player. Sometimes his competitive nature and confidence take over...its ok.

...think it is all part of the maturation process bud....with his size, speed, agility, cannon arm and desire to win for the TEAM and the CITY, he's a keeper.....

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...think it is all part of the maturation process bud....with his size, speed, agility, cannon arm and desire to win for the TEAM and the CITY, he's a keeper.....

Yes...he is totally selfless while eager to learn and grow. It is also difficult, because he is learning while trying to lead a a potential playoff team at the same time.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 2

On 10/22/2019 at 1:55 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

You can say the same for Mayfield. Also folks were saying Jackson, a Heisman winning trophy qb, shouldn’t even play qb in the NFL. I think that qualifies as doubting him.

i generally get what everyone is saying and I do think Allen is an awesome dude.  But it still comes down to how they play. Losman cleaned up Buffalo. EJ was a good dude who had a sneaker scavenger hunt.  Not of this really matters in the end if you aren’t good enough.  There are plenty of Buffalo guys if they are good enough. 

Stop with the win- loss records for qbs. So completely misleading. 

I wanted it more for the TD vs INT ratios after that patriots game

First post, so forgive my rough analogy:

Spent the last 20 years as an interrogator overseas, among other "activities". Bad dudes, mostly. Also, I've been through SERE, denied area training, etc.As such, I have a good read on people.

When I see SD, I immediately think "weak subject", in his eyes and body language. Specifically, this means I could break him, either quickly or w/o resort to other means. Translation to football: a subject to pressure.

Conversely, in JA, I really see a guy who would f**k you off, irrespective of techniques. I've had my share of this type, and they are best under pressure. Translation to football:....well, this board is aware of the data.

Anyway, so happy/blessed to be in back in WNY and to see the Bills resurgence, and to finally be able to participate in the conversation on this great forum.

• Like (+1) 2