What hacks do you do?

11 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

For dishes, etc. that are washed by hand rather than in the dishwasher, I dilute the dish soap.  People seem to like to use a big squirt of dish soap, even though a few drops is all you really need.  What’s the fun of a few drops when you can make a big squirt?

that $1.59 bottle of detergent is crippling you financially?

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Two questions, if you don't mind.

Who's chest do you keep by the front door?

What can you tell us about food processors?

I have a “blended” answer for you......I have a new Dolly Parton’s chest size food processor. That’s what happens when you add a vegetarian (and their vegetarian family) to your family. This thing dices too! How exciting is THAT

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You drank Chardonnay during BillsMafia Nashville take over.   You don’t drink something that comes in a glass with a stem on football weekend...right @Augie!? 

Ummmmm, a solo could would do? 

38 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

It was Sauvignon Blanc.....AND I think I remember Boyst giving me some of his beer. 

I took what I could get at that crap-factory restaurant that you chose! I'd still be waiting for service had I not been vocal.

I was wondering what you did to offend those fine people! The rest of us had drinks. I should have offended them the way you did about half way thru so they’d have essentially cut me off! 

35 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I didn't pick that place, we just knew Augie was there.  I wanted to ride a mechanical bull somewhere but it never happened.  Maybe if the Titans with the division and our WC game is there...I can have that option again.

And you are welcome! 

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

Ummmmm, a solo could would do? 

I was wondering what you did to offend those fine people! The rest of us had drinks. I should have offended them the way you did about half way thru so they’d have essentially cut me off! 

And you are welcome! 

Only if it's a red solo cup.  Actually...do they come in any other color?

12 hours ago, Augie said:

Sorry, maybe off topic a bit, but we went to Hilton Head this summer and Publix there has gotten rid of the plastic grocery bags. They have gone to paper or your reusable. Now I have to buy their poop bags for my dog!!!  THAT is my hack, grocery bags for poop bags! What kind of Lysol container do you stick them in? We just shove a bunch of bags into one bag under the kitchen sink, then a working supply in chest by the front door.

Try plastic bread bags or produce bags.  I find the grocery bags big and bulky, and to often have little holes on the seams (yucckh).  You may not collect enough bread or produce bags on your own, but if you put out the APB with the neighbors, you get extra recycling Karma Points.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You drank Chardonnay during BillsMafia Nashville take over.   You don’t drink something that comes in a glass with a stem on football weekend...right @Augie!? 

Right, I use stemless wine glasses.

Actually (see other post) I must drink tea from now on until the Bills lose again.

I will willingly drink tea every Sunday until February if need be 'cuz I'm That Kind of Fan.

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, row_33 said:

that $1.59 bottle of detergent is crippling you financially?

No.  It’s the principle of the thing.  It allows me to squirt without guilt. It also reduces the number of times that we might run out and not have a replacement.  We aren’t organized enough to always have another bottle ready to go, and I am too lazy to be running out to the store in between major trips. 

49 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

No.  It’s the principle of the thing.  It allows me to squirt without guilt. It also reduces the number of times that we might run out and not have a replacement.  We aren’t organized enough to always have another bottle ready to go, and I am too lazy to be running out to the store in between major trips. 

religious upbringing?

:D

• Haha (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

40 years ago these ‘hacks’ were ‘Heloise Hints’, in the lifestyle section of the newspaper, not passed off as ‘hot takes’ on the interweb...’hacks’ were reporters working for ‘the Weekly World News’ and the ‘National Enquirer’.  ?

how is that crazy bastard doing these days?

image.png.bfe7e29ccfbaca925b67d1d8d5ac630e.png

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

40 years ago these ‘hacks’ were ‘Heloise Hints’, in the lifestyle section of the newspaper, not passed off as ‘hot takes’ on the interweb...’hacks’ were reporters working for ‘the Weekly World News’ and the ‘National Enquirer’.  ?

Extend the life of your razor blades.  Keep razor dipped in mineral oil when not in use.

11 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Extend the life of your razor blades.  Keep razor dipped in mineral oil when not in use.

Still have 250 Feather DEs to get through, i can't live long enough to use them up.

Growing my first full-faced beard as well, 2 weeks into it....

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Gay used to mean happy.