What hacks do you do?

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You may not collect enough bread or produce bags on your own, but if you put out the APB with the neighbors, you get extra recycling Karma Points.

I think the words you wanted to use there are "reduce" and "reuse", yes...yes??

In this case, "recycle" is a bit gross.

5 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

It was Sauvignon Blanc.....AND I think I remember Boyst giving me some of his beer. 

I took what I could get at that crap-factory restaurant that you chose! I'd still be waiting for service had I not been vocal.

Anyone leaving a Mellow Mushroom has no right to make fun of the next restaurant the end up in! I think they doubted you were of drinking age...that must have been it! Don’t worry, that will be a good thing when you are old like me and Plenz!  ?

19 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

So would I.

But at  least one TBD poster claimed success with paper even though it had nothing to do with a dog.

That was human *****, specifically his own *****, that was collected in a napkin and used for revenge purposes.  Thats a type of life hack I guess.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Anyone leaving a Mellow Mushroom has no right to make fun of the next restaurant the end up in! I think they doubted you were of drinking age...that must have been it! Don’t worry, that will be a good thing when you are old like me and Plenz!  ?

I didn’t even get any food at Mellow Mushroom too!

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I didn’t even get any food at Mellow Mushroom too!

In the world of food and beverage, that was a weekend far too heavily leaning toward the beverage. 

But I’m glad you were not subjected to Mellow Mushroom food..... or a mechanical bull, which might seem like fun until you leave for the emergency room. (I played rugby in college and spent too much weekend time with buddies in emergency rooms!)

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

In the world of food and beverage, that was a weekend far too heavily leaning toward the beverage. 

But I’m glad you were not subjected to Mellow Mushroom food..... or a mechanical bull, which might seem like fun until you leave for the emergency room. (I played rugby in college and spent too much weekend time with buddies in emergency rooms!)

Only Mellow Mushroom I’ve ever been to was a pizza joint in Asheville.  Pretty damned good pizza and great beer selection.  Are we thinking of the same place?

7 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Only Mellow Mushroom I’ve ever been to was a pizza joint in Asheville.  Pretty damned good pizza and great beer selection.  Are we thinking of the same place?

Could be, usually in college towns. I liked the first one I went to in Athens, GA by UGA, mostly because it was new and cool to me. The food was not special in a good way.  There is one about 1.5 miles from my house (I go the the adjacent Mexican joint 2-3 times/month), and I was disappointed so many times I haven’t been inside in several years. Maybe I’ll give it another try since a recent renovation. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Augie said:

Sorry, maybe off topic a bit, but we went to Hilton Head this summer and Publix there has gotten rid of the plastic grocery bags. They have gone to paper or your reusable. Now I have to buy their poop bags for my dog!!!  THAT is my hack, grocery bags for poop bags! What kind of Lysol container do you stick them in? We just shove a bunch of bags into one bag under the kitchen sink, then a working supply in chest by the front door. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2019/04/09/711181385/are-plastic-bag-bans-garbage

Plastic bag bans actually hurt the environment.  You're going to go out an but even thicker bags now.

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2019/04/09/711181385/are-plastic-bag-bans-garbage

Plastic bag bans actually hurt the environment.  You're going to go out an but even thicker bags now.

Do I get any credit hours if I finish this? Maybe a certificate?  ?

I just need to pick up my dogs poop! 

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If you frequently squash your huge, pendulous testicles when you sit down to take a dump, keep a large ladle next to the toilet and gently lower your balls into the bowl as you sit.

Life hacks!!

Does that avoid having to warm the water first? This could be a great time saver! 

21 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When I had a house, use vinegar with dish soap and salt to kill weeds.  It's not selective, it kills everything so you can't put it on your grass.

I used it in my mulch area.  

what can't vinegar do?

On 10/11/2019 at 1:33 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

When I had a house, use vinegar with dish soap and salt to kill weeds.  It's not selective, it kills everything so you can't put it on your grass.

I used it in my mulch area.  

Spray bottle with water and a couple drops of dish soap is an excellent insect killer.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Spray bottle with water and a couple drops of dish soap is an excellent insect killer.

Box elder bugs?

When the female box elders hoard up and head from the trees to warmth of houses for winter.  Put laundry soap in hose sprayer.  Wash the siding, brick... It gives them wicked "dermatitis" if not drowns them.

Also: For perimeter defense, diatomaceous earth is safe, effective.  They pass through and cuts their exoskeleton to ribbons.

On 10/12/2019 at 3:41 PM, BUFFALOKIE said:

A spray bottle of isopropyl alcohol is an excellent stain remover on carpets. A carpet cleaner guy taught me that, and gave every realtor  a bottle to get started. I thanked him, because I never had to pay him anything! (I’m sure he got work from it.) Most carpet cleaners make the carpet crusty and  “stuff” sticks to it eventually. 

Edited by Augie