Hearst visit to Bills

The one thing that Hearst does have that I'm sure fans in Buffalo will love is an amazing amount of tenacity and heart. I believe he's the only player in NFL history to win comeback player of the year not once, but twice.

If he signs, I guess the Bills just got lazy and figured they'd bring in another #20 to fill Travis' spot since they'll just tear the "Henry" off the back of the jerseys instead of ordering new ones. :lol:

Good third down back and can start, if healthy, in short spurts. Good blocker, blitz pick-up, great receiving hands, decent runner.

If he can pass a physical he would become a very good backup and would like the role. Plus he would be cheap (probably league min, and less against the cap). Negates the need to pickup a running back early or even at all in the draft.

The only issue again is we now would have 3 running backs not playing special teams (Mcgahee, Williams and Hearst). This is typically where your backup play and really forces starters into the ST line-ups.

The only issue again is we now would have 3 running backs not playing special teams (Mcgahee, Williams and Hearst).  This is typically where your backup play and really forces starters into the ST line-ups.

299449[/snapback]

I would tend to agree, but I don't think we are looking for a Special Teamer. Our Special Teams are Number 1 in the league. What we need is an emergency back that can take 15-20 carries a game in addition to Shaud Williams if WM goes down (God forbid). Hearst is exactly that back. In addition, I believe that once you have the "Big Play Capability" you will always have that. Hearst has shown that "big play capability".

If we can get a former pro-bowl running back, at or near the league minimum to back up Willis... no question... I'd sign him. But then again, I'm not TD.

I was surprised last year that he did not see more action in Denver. Seeing that he only got 20 carries for the entire year, maybe he could take a drink from the fountain of youth and backup/spell WM for one year. If I was a betting man, more than likely he is walking with Levens, on their way to the bus that is going to the NFL retirement home.

The one thing that Hearst does have that I'm sure fans in Buffalo will love is an amazing amount of tenacity and heart.  I believe he's the only player in NFL history to win comeback player of the year not once, but twice.

If he signs, I guess the Bills just got lazy and figured they'd bring in another #20 to fill Travis' spot since they'll just tear the "Henry" off the back of the jerseys instead of ordering new ones.  :lol:

299430[/snapback]

Actually, all they'd have to do is rip the "n" and "y" off, and work from there.... :P

(Another) strange fact about the B'gals. With Hearst on the team, they traded up to draft Ki-Jana Carter and bypassed Tony Boselli.

Shame about Carter's injuries - he would have been a fine pro - but passing over Boselli was yet another reason the B'gals went 0 for 12 years. :lol:

Chan. 4 news reported that Hearst visited the Bills yesterday. Another positive sign Henry is gone, Shelton may be a Bill, and we are trying to get  a vet to back up whatch talking about Willis.

299414[/snapback]

Go Noles!

Chan. 4 news reported that Hearst visited the Bills yesterday. Another positive sign Henry is gone, Shelton may be a Bill, and we are trying to get  a vet to back up whatch talking about Willis.

299414[/snapback]

A HEARST visited the Bills, did Billy Buffalo die :blink:

299414[/snapback]

Thanks for the vine, Frank:

I equate the excitement over Shelton to the hysteria over Jason Gildon last year. "Look we filled a position of need on the paper version of the team!" Unfortunately, as they say, the games aren't played on paper, they're played on TV, Frank. War McNally! War Bob Lambs pointy elbows! I'm OUTTT!!! :blink:

The Shelton deal gets done, the Hearst deal gets done, and the Bills have pre-addressed 2 needs people have in their mocks for Day 1. Add to this the good news about MArk Campbell's recovery at TE, and it's looking more and more like BPA (WR, DT, CB, S) or best CB available with that RD#1 pick.

I equate the excitement over Shelton to the hysteria over Jason Gildon last year.  "Look we filled a position of need on the paper version of the team!"  Unfortunately, as they say, the games aren't played on paper, they're played on TV, Frank.  War McNally! War Bob Lambs pointy elbows!  I'm OUTTT!!! :blink:

299869[/snapback]

That's fuggin' FUNNY. :D

The Shelton deal gets done, the Hearst deal gets done, and the Bills have pre-addressed 2 needs people have in their mocks for Day 1. Add to this the good news about MArk Campbell's recovery at TE, and it's looking more and more like BPA (WR, DT, CB, S) or best CB available with that RD#1 pick.

299875[/snapback]

Which RD#1 pick is that?

I equate the excitement over Shelton to the hysteria over Jason Gildon last year.  "Look we filled a position of need on the paper version of the team!"  Unfortunately, as they say, the games aren't played on paper, they're played on TV, Frank.  War McNally! War Bob Lambs pointy elbows!  I'm OUTTT!!! :blink:

299869[/snapback]

LOL ! Now I'll be watching Lambs' elbows at the next tailgate. :D

299414[/snapback]

Oh boy! Maybe we can get Emmitt too.