NFL Next Gen Stats - Wicked Awesome!

I'm not sure this link will take you to the Bills-Jets stats, if not click on Week 1 and then the Bills-Jets games

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/game-center

They have stuff like QB performance by passing zone charted, WR separation relative to league average, RB yards by rush direction.

I'm not sure what the "defensive pass rush separation from QB" stat is about - anyone?

The thing I love to see (and they're producing this live during game time) is the QB performance by passing zone charts.

Here is Allen last Sunday.  The striking thing to me is how symmetrical it is.  He is throwing well to both sides in the short yardage.  The 2/4 stat in the intermediate R side are throw aways.  If he keeps this up, this shows real progress.
image.thumb.png.9f0d9b31d6f16911d7f97f235dba5d96.png

For comparison, here is Allen against the Jets last year:

image.thumb.png.c80547581b9b1305534ddcd80633196b.png

And a good game last year against Mia

image.thumb.png.69ff3b47067ea185511c77f0c2c959bc.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

A Pass Rusher’s average pressure distance from the QB at the time of the passer throw or sack (in yards). Only includes passing plays where the defender is rushing the passer.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Thats good to see...Allen to the right at all depths struggled mightily last year, but most rookie QBs do to varying degrees

Yes, I felt it was very promising...he has been working hard, clearly, and it's starting to pay off.  Let's hope it continues.

Why doesn’t “defensive pass rush separation from QB” at least include all the DL? Bills played more than the four “starters” listed. This stat would also be useful for the Bills pass rush package, which includes Alexander as well.

• Like (+1) 1

I wouldn't get too carried away when almost all the short range stuff was poor,  another pick was called back and a 4th potential pick was dropped after hitting Maye right in the hands. That's not to mention those fumbles. Clearly, he has a very long way to go to even qualify as a bonafide NFL starter. Flame all you like. I will concede when I see JA play at a much higher level on a consistent basis. 4 turnover that should have been 6 and the guys a hero. What excuses will some use nexr week if he has yet another bad game?

The good news is that his accuracy was much better than last year when he wasn't hurried. The bad news is that he plays as poorly as any other QB I've ever watched when he has to move. He simply comes unglued when there is any pressure.

Edited by GreggTX

Look at Sweeney's separation! He's practically off the chart. Hey Josh! He's getting HUGE separation. Try throwing the ball to him once in a while!

BTW, did I mention that he has elite hands and he's a very good blocker? If he keeps this up, Kroft will be TE #2 when he returns.

1 hour ago, vincec said:

Why doesn’t “defensive pass rush separation from QB” at least include all the DL? Bills played more than the four “starters” listed. This stat would also be useful for the Bills pass rush package, which includes Alexander as well.

I want to see some NextGen stats on our DB's too.