Sign in to follow this  
Buffalo716

DiMarco (Dabolls Swiss army knife)

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

There are like 25 teams in the league with a FB and every single time they step out there they are 11 out of 11 in terms of skill

Still in the NFL for a reason

I’d be willing to bet that less than 25 teams in the league even have a true FB on their roster.  I’m not doing the leg work to find out because either way I don’t care. Dimarco is useless. 

Id also like to state that even if it were true, and that many teams did utilize a fullback, I highly doubt they even bother to have him in the field when they only run the ball for 15 times the entire game. 

Once Kroft is healthy, the Pro set will be more versatile.  Kroft is a good blocker and good athlete.  You can bring him inline or line him outside.  Dimarco is not the mismatch.  Shifting from Pro into spread, depending who covers him opens up matchups at the other positions.  Times Adams followed him.  Other times a linebaker, once a Cb.  Man to man a linebaker follows, a db is on him they are running a zone.  If it allows Brown, Beasly, or Singletary on a linebaker it's worth doing to dictate that matchup.  If it doesnt create a better matchup but shows Allen the coverage it's worth that too.  Make the game easier.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’d be willing to bet that less than 25 teams in the league even have a true FB on their roster.  I’m not doing the leg work to find out because either way I don’t care. Dimarco is useless. 

Id also like to state that even if it were true, and that many teams did utilize a fullback, I highly doubt they even bother to have him in the field when they only run the ball for 15 times the entire game. 

Football is a game of strategy. Belechick has always utilized a FB and thinks it's worth a roster spot

The Bills obviously feel the same. You think he's useless, the coaches don't

Again I have never called him an all pro or a world beater... He is a versatile piece for the Bills offense

17 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Once Kroft is healthy, the Pro set will be more versatile.  Kroft is a good blocker and good athlete.  You can bring him inline or line him outside.  Dimarco is not the mismatch.  Shifting from Pro into spread, depending who covers him opens up matchups at the other positions.  Times Adams followed him.  Other times a linebaker, once a Cb.  Man to man a linebaker follows, a db is on him they are running a zone.  If it allows Brown, Beasly, or Singletary on a linebaker it's worth doing to dictate that matchup.  If it doesnt create a better matchup but shows Allen the coverage it's worth that too.  Make the game easier.

I don't think I ever called him a mismatch in a traditional sense of playmaking

The only time I ever used the word mismatch was when I said him blocking outwide vs CBs would be a mismatch which it is

Obviously going from 21 to spread personnel is to create mismatches with your athletes

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

People wanted to keep Wade over DiMarco... People wanted to convert Duke Williams to FB

Those are asinine ideas that have no basis in reality in football

The Bills offense may suck, it may be good ... 

But Daboll obviously has created a niche role for DiMarco that he thinks he will be valuable in, even if it's only 30% of snaps

But to think that some wanted Duke Williams to play FB...

But it's actually the opposite of your theory.  DiMarco's lining up all over the field did not affect how Jets defended the Bills.  Notre how the offense started to produce once DiMarco's snaps were minimized in the 2nd half

7 minutes ago, GG said:

But it's actually the opposite of your theory.  DiMarco's lining up all over the field did not affect how Jets defended the Bills.  Notre how the offense started to produce once DiMarco's snaps were minimized in the 2nd half

The Bills moved the ball fine. Turnovers and penalties and stupid mistakes killed the first half

The bills caught fire with 10 minutes left in the game and finally capitalized

The Jets best drive in the first half was 11 plays for 38 yards and a 20 yard drive

The Bills had drives of 37 , 35, 58 and 30 in the first half. Not crazy good but not poor

Edited by Buffalo716

I assume he was out there to get the jets into personnel that favors what the bills wanted to do.   Then they line him up wide to spread out the defense to get favorable matchups?

5 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He would have liked to.

You mean you would have wanted him to especially if it cost the game.

You are more concerned about dogging DM than what he is doing.

Leave him alone mutt.

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

You mean you would have wanted him to especially if it cost the game.

You are more concerned about dogging DM than what he is doing.

Leave him alone mutt.

No, I hope he is Bronko Nagurski or Larry Csonka, he is just not. Oh, and I want the Bills to score more points and gain more yards and win more games. I have actually stuck up for DiMarco a lot more than I have criticized him on here. So get your facts straight.

7 hours ago, mrags said:

Other than his 2 catches for like 6 yards I didn’t notice him at all. 

To quote the movie Rudy, you just summed your entire sorry career here in one sentence. Too bad we can’t send you from the third team to the prep team. 

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Going into game 1 there was a host of people who wanted DiMarco cut, said he doesn't do enough to warrant a spot... Some wanted WR Williams converted to FB lol

Yesterday showed why Dabolls likes and kept him. He lines up all over the field. He lines up in the backfield and blocks, he gets motioned out wide and blocks , he gets motioned out wide and runs routes

Playing FB in the NFL is super physically demanding, it takes a special breed and even Belechick has always utilized a FB

DiMarco offers versatility that not many other in the league offers. He splits out wide and catches passes and he does have good hands. But more importantly, the Bills will be running alot of rub routes and jailbreak screens for Beasley and McKenzie, and DiMarco getting split outwide offers a great blocking matchup with a FB on a CB or safety

That's a mismatch I'll take all day

Have to change Dabol 's name to Dianabol 💪 💪

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Nobody is saying he's a HoF.

He has a spot on the roster because he is versatile and can do alot of things. And yes you do still need a FB in today's NFL

He is easily still one of the best 10 FBs in the world. He shouldn't be noticed, it's his job to go unnoticed unless he catches the ball. There are ALOT worse

Wasting your breath here.