DiMarco (Dabolls Swiss army knife)

Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He's basically the 11th best player on the offense every time he steps on the field..........I didn't put up much complaint about him making the roster because I knew he was going to and because they didn't have to cut a quality player because of him............IMO you made a thread about something that's a high end "meh" pseudo-football-intellectual observation.

"See DiMarco is important to what Dabol wants to do"   ignoring the fact that the offense failed miserably for 3 quarters and turned the ball over 4 times.

You are kinda' missing the obvious point that it very much remains to be seen if this offense is even any good.    It's not like the Bills of the 2000's haven't been one of the few teams that has loved the fullback position and in all those cases it proved a mistake to emphasize that position.......including McD's first OC........who sacked the league's best running game.:doh: 

People wanted to keep Wade over DiMarco... People wanted to convert Duke Williams to FB

Those are asinine ideas that have no basis in reality in football

The Bills offense may suck, it may be good ... 

But Daboll obviously has created a niche role for DiMarco that he thinks he will be valuable in, even if it's only 30% of snaps

But to think that some wanted Duke Williams to play FB...

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I noticed him a bunch so I guess it depends what your looking at on a play

so did i.

Got some nice blocking in as well as holding onto the ball.

Daboll is a fun guy : ) every week will be new exciting episode lol  : )

wait till Lee Smith starts catching passes. cuz he can.

all the naysayers will again reflect on what makes a complete Team.

Mismatches playcalling and execution.

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't think I've said he has great hands tho he does has good hands especially for a FB

He was 2nd in the NFL in receiving yards for a FB last year behind Jusczyk and will probably double his output this season

Come on now. He had 3 receptions last year. Saying he was 2nd in receiving yards for a fullback is some spin work.Yes its true but really meaningless. Reality is the fullback is becoming extinct in today's NFL. Teams are much more creative and able to get better weapons on the field than a FB. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ngbills said:

Come on now. He had 3 receptions last year. Saying he was 2nd in receiving yards for a fullback is some spin work.Yes its true but really meaningless. Reality is the fullback is becoming extinct in today's NFL. Teams are much more creative and able to get better weapons on the field than a FB. 

Yea I understand the workload isn't there... But that shows that 95% of FBs do not get stats at all... He caught a 40 yard pass, 95% of FBs cannot do that but he can 

and over half the league still keeps a FB including Belechick who uses Develin a bunch

So if DiMarco gets 20 catches this year is that not a positive? Because that's another guy Josh can trust, which he obviously does

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, yes, and yet....there were a couple plays where he ran a route, and made a catch, but I had the thought that he's about as agile as a front loader and someone else out there would have gotten a few more yards.

But he hauled 'em in, so there's that. 

I hear ya, @Buffalo716, he's the human Leatherman Wave for Daboll

If they have to cover him? He is doing something right.

they are setting up the Ginats already lol.

and if he hits like front loader? safeties and corners are going to spend extra time in the ice bath

But i have always had a thing for snotknocking fullbacks

24 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Stop.....just stop....Anyone can line up anywhere, that hardly makes him an offensive asset. Call me when he breaks a big play. For him thats anything beyond 5 yards. He's still a waste of a roster spot.

He caught a 40 yarder last season

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

People wanted to keep Wade over DiMarco... People wanted to convert Duke Williams to FB

But Daboll obviously has created a niche role for DiMarco that he thinks he will be valuable in, even if it's only 30% of snaps

First of all, These are 2 different arguments entirely. 

Anyone that thinks Duke Williams could or should be a TE should just end their lives now. They are clueless in life and using our good fresh air. 

But that doesn’t mean that Dimarco is any good at all or should deserve a roster spot on this team. @BADOLBILZ said it perfectly when he said that every time Dimarco steps onto the field he’s automatically the 11th best player on offense. I’d take it one further and say that he’s the 22nd best player on the field including the defensive players he’s going up against. Hell, he’s probably the the 94th (each team only suits up 47) best player on the field and/or sidelines anytime he suits up every Sunday. 

He is useless on this team. For every argument that he’s used as a decoy to find out about what kind of defense is running, etc. there is an argument that Yeldon, Gore, Lee Smith, Sweeney, a 6th lineman, anyone else for that matter, could line up in his place and be just as effective. 

Anyone that thinks Dimarco is useful at all should just keep watching him. He brings nothing to this offense or team that someone else couldn’t do without costing an additional roster spot for a useless fullback. 

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It was a lofted 15 yard pass with no one covering him right into his hands on the dead run and he ran a bunch more before tackled by the first guy that could. I would say 90% of the FBs could have made that play.

Then why didn't 28 other FBs in the league do it? 

I see other FBs get thrown wheel routes throughout a year and they aren't on the same page... Yes it was an easy NFL catch, but he also got NFL open

Gotta give credit where it's also do

52 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

They were held scoreless with him, no? Maybe not. ;)

I think they should keep him. And play him a little. But the opening drive and splitting him out is worthless.

Dimarco did not turn the ball over did he ?

1 minute ago, mrags said:

First of all, These are 2 different arguments entirely. 

Anyone that thinks Duke Williams could or should be a TE should just end their lives now. They are clueless in life and using our good fresh air. 

But that doesn’t mean that Dimarco is any good at all or should deserve a roster spot on this team. @BADOLBILZ said it perfectly when he said that every time Dimarco steps onto the field he’s automatically the 11th best player on offense. I’d take it one further and say that he’s the 22nd best player on the field including the defensive players he’s going up against. Hell, he’s probably the the 94th (each team only suits up 47) best player on the field and/or sidelines anytime he suits up every Sunday. 

He is useless on this team. For every argument that he’s used as a decoy to find out about what kind of defense is running, etc. there is an argument that Yeldon, Gore, Lee Smith, Sweeney, a 6th lineman, anyone else for that matter, could line up in his place and be just as effective. 

Anyone that thinks Dimarco is useful at all should just keep watching him. He brings nothing to this offense or team that someone else couldn’t do without costing an additional roster spot for a useless fullback. 

There are like 25 teams in the league with a FB and every single time they step out there they are 11 out of 11 in terms of skill

Still in the NFL for a reason

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Then why didn't 28 other FBs in the league do it? 

I see other FBs get thrown wheel routes throughout a year and they aren't on the same page... Yes it was an easy NFL catch, but he also got NFL open

Gotta give credit where it's also do

You don't get credit for running a route that none of the eleven players on the other team even try to cover you. None. If anything it shows you are NO threat. ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It was a lofted 15 yard pass with no one covering him right into his hands on the dead run and he ran a bunch more before tackled by the first guy that could. I would say 90% of the FBs could have made that play.

But did they?

No one is saying Dimarco is more than he is.

It is the way Daboll is using his players that is cool.

Patrick did his job. if all 11 do it we have a nice chance of winning.

Who knows what Daboll is thinking against Giants

Maybe he uses Gore and Yeldon Knox all day.  Who knows  what evil lurks in the hearts of men ?

Da Shadow know

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

There are like 25 teams in the league with a FB and every single time they step out there they are 11 out of 11 in terms of skill

Still in the NFL for a reason

I’d be willing to bet that less than 25 teams in the league even have a true FB on their roster.  I’m not doing the leg work to find out because either way I don’t care. Dimarco is useless. 

Id also like to state that even if it were true, and that many teams did utilize a fullback, I highly doubt they even bother to have him in the field when they only run the ball for 15 times the entire game. 

Once Kroft is healthy, the Pro set will be more versatile.  Kroft is a good blocker and good athlete.  You can bring him inline or line him outside.  Dimarco is not the mismatch.  Shifting from Pro into spread, depending who covers him opens up matchups at the other positions.  Times Adams followed him.  Other times a linebaker, once a Cb.  Man to man a linebaker follows, a db is on him they are running a zone.  If it allows Brown, Beasly, or Singletary on a linebaker it's worth doing to dictate that matchup.  If it doesnt create a better matchup but shows Allen the coverage it's worth that too.  Make the game easier.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’d be willing to bet that less than 25 teams in the league even have a true FB on their roster.  I’m not doing the leg work to find out because either way I don’t care. Dimarco is useless. 

Id also like to state that even if it were true, and that many teams did utilize a fullback, I highly doubt they even bother to have him in the field when they only run the ball for 15 times the entire game. 

Football is a game of strategy. Belechick has always utilized a FB and thinks it's worth a roster spot

The Bills obviously feel the same. You think he's useless, the coaches don't

Again I have never called him an all pro or a world beater... He is a versatile piece for the Bills offense

17 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Once Kroft is healthy, the Pro set will be more versatile.  Kroft is a good blocker and good athlete.  You can bring him inline or line him outside.  Dimarco is not the mismatch.  Shifting from Pro into spread, depending who covers him opens up matchups at the other positions.  Times Adams followed him.  Other times a linebaker, once a Cb.  Man to man a linebaker follows, a db is on him they are running a zone.  If it allows Brown, Beasly, or Singletary on a linebaker it's worth doing to dictate that matchup.  If it doesnt create a better matchup but shows Allen the coverage it's worth that too.  Make the game easier.

I don't think I ever called him a mismatch in a traditional sense of playmaking

The only time I ever used the word mismatch was when I said him blocking outwide vs CBs would be a mismatch which it is

Obviously going from 21 to spread personnel is to create mismatches with your athletes

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

But it's actually the opposite of your theory.  DiMarco's lining up all over the field did not affect how Jets defended the Bills.  Notre how the offense started to produce once DiMarco's snaps were minimized in the 2nd half

7 minutes ago, GG said:

But it's actually the opposite of your theory.  DiMarco's lining up all over the field did not affect how Jets defended the Bills.  Notre how the offense started to produce once DiMarco's snaps were minimized in the 2nd half

The Bills moved the ball fine. Turnovers and penalties and stupid mistakes killed the first half

The bills caught fire with 10 minutes left in the game and finally capitalized

The Jets best drive in the first half was 11 plays for 38 yards and a 20 yard drive

The Bills had drives of 37 , 35, 58 and 30 in the first half. Not crazy good but not poor

Edited by Buffalo716