YoloinOhio

Week Two: Bills at Giants

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

I would guess that they'll mix it up quite a bit. They'll want to show that they aren't going to give him an easy matchup, but they'll also want to free up Poyer etc to blitz and roam by using Neal there.

My favorite approach to pass D today is to play big nickel, walk Poyer down into the box, and use him along with a  LB to double Saquon (can rotate between Milano and Edmunds to keep Eli guessing). Then I'm going to single up Engram with Hyde, and alternate my free LB between a short zone bracket on Engram and a blitz.

The nice part about the above is that it's easy to disguise, check into/out of, and mix with other schematic tweaks.

Yea I might be inclined to go the other way around with my safeties but broadly I think that is the right sort of gameplan. Having two safeties who can communicate and switch up like our two can is a real difference maker in McDermott's defense. 

This just seems a little weird that I’m not worried about our offense, actually I’m pretty confident that Allen will have a good game &  will put some points on the board ,

I’m more worried about the defense stopping Barkley , 

its hard for me to remember the last time I was so confident in our offense!!!  

Goo Bills baby !!!

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Obviously Barkley is the key guy, but let's not underestimate the matchup between backup slot man Siran Neal and Evan Engram. It's going to be a major factor in the Giants 3rd down success rate.

I think they will have Poyer shadow him on 3rd downs.

2 hours ago, Putin said:

This just seems a little weird that I’m not worried about our offense, actually I’m pretty confident that Allen will have a good game &  will put some points on the board ,

I’m more worried about the defense stopping Barkley , 

its hard for me to remember the last time I was so confident in our offense!!!  

Goo Bills baby !!!

Barkley and Engram are the keys for the D to bottle up. Barkley is going to get yards. Bend but don’t break.  Make Eli beat you with his motley crew of receivers. I hope I am not saying ‘we are making these guys look like the greatest show on turf’.