Mosley injury, Dabol play calling or both?

BuffaloMatt

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If this is the Jets idea of forcing Allen to be a QB, then they suck at their job. Bills first half: 141 yards passing, 167 yards of total offense, 10 first downs. :lol: Take away the turnovers and it's a Bills rout. Keep swinging for the fences, GG.

And you still fail to understand that the only reason Bills were finally able to score was a change in the play calls in 3Q. 

The turnovers were part of Jets' game plan.  Listen to the Jets' players before the game.  They knew that Allen was bound to make a mistake the longer he stays on the field.  They were perfectly willing to give up 8 play drives because the odds say that Allen will make a mistake on a prolonged drive.  They were right in the first half.   Daboll played right into the defensive plan and strength.

Just now, GG said:

And you still fail to understand that the only reason Bills were finally able to score was a change in the play calls in 3Q. 

The turnovers were part of Jets' game plan.  Listen to the Jets' players before the game.  They knew that Allen was bound to make a mistake the longer he stays on the field.  They were perfectly willing to give up 8 play drives because the odds say that Allen will make a mistake on a prolonged drive.  They were right in the first half.   Daboll played right into the defensive plan and strength.

By jove, Sherlock! You solved the mystery! The Jets were trying to force turnovers! That's revolutionary! Why don't other NFL teams do that?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

By jove, Sherlock! You solved the mystery! The Jets were trying to force turnovers! That's revolutionary! Why don't other NFL teams do that?

Stop being an idiot.  Josh Allen was and continues to be error-prone.  He's still at a point where you can game plan around his shortcomings.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I have a feeling this is not going to be your season.

Imagine that, Promo in midseason homerist form

This is the flip argument when Bills won 5 games only thanks to turnovers, while ignoring glaring warts.  

4 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

To me the elephant in the room is the Mosley injury. I know we gave them points off turnovers but clearly the game turned when Mosley went out with the groin injury. That said, they also went to a run first offense, not sure why they were so pass heavy for first three quarters. Was its Mosley's presence or just Dabol adjusting? Or Both?  

Probably both to be fair.  The injury is the reason, IMO, the Bills came out with the W.  But the adjustment made was both timely and spot on.

Lets also not forget the Jests left 4 easy points on the field.  Think the Jests GM is scouring the league for a kicker?  Maybe that woman soccer player will get a tryout ;)

Edited by CodeMonkey

4 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

The "bad luck" of having a missed FG pales in comparison to the "bad luck" of fumbling a snap, having 2 passes intercepted off of deflections, and losing another fumble.  Just sayin'.

It wasn't bad luck.  They brought in a guy who can't kick. 

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

As one of the morning WGR jockeys pointed out this AM, they don't have any asterisks by the Patsies latest trophy, just because the Rams didn't have a healthy Gurley playing in the SB, right? It's a next man up league, and no one cares to mark the W-L records any less for it. The Bills made adjustments after the half, the Jests did not, and it showed. 

SEE ABOVE 

After digesting the responses I would like to say thank you for your respective insight. I feel that Dabol fell in love with the spread concept and tried to play the patriots game plan with Allen and Beasley and completely forgot the run game or allowed Allen to check out of the run game. When the Pats do it they know that sometime the D is set up for the run and they run it anyway. Allen saw that the Jets D knew it was run switched play to pass- right into the Jets D coordinators design -ie let Allen beat you with his arm. Sometimes you have to say I gonna run and try and stop it. The power sweep QB keep for first down was a classic example. We have a FB and threw to him twice. Come on now!

Mosely is very good and he made an excellent play on the deep pass down the middle in the endzone. But he didn't dominate when he was in. He did nothing on his TD, he just stood there. He had four tackles. We moved the ball. The reason the run game worked so well late is they were in pass defenses expecting a pass late in the game. I'm not saying he was poor but he was not dominating or a reason they lost when he went out. He made one great play the entire game.