Kirwan on the trade with Arizona

VABills

NFL Network's Pat Kirwan reports that the Cardinals and Bills have agreed on compensation for a possible Travis Henry trade.

According to the report, Arizona is still unsure whether they want Henry or hope that Cedric Benson falls to them at the #7 pick. But Kirwan believes the Henry deal will happen before 1-2 days before the draft, with Arizona taking a cornerback with the seventh pick. Apr. 5 - 8:12 pm et

More and more I am seeing reports with Shelton not being mentioned as part of the trade. Green also alluded to this last week. Sounds like the Bills have fallen out of favor on Shelton and maybe just looking for a trade of a pick for Henry.

Humm... thinking alound but maybe it Henry and our #2 for Arizona's #2. So we basically are moving up 14 spots for Henry. :lol:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Humm...  thinking alound but maybe it Henry and our #2 for Arizona's #2.  So we basically are moving up 14 spots for Henry.    :lol:

296938[/snapback]

There's no way we are giving away Henry to move only 14 spots in the draft. Ralph would can TD for that one.

I still believe Shelton is involved unless he flunked the physical--which I think TD would have made public by now.

If Shelton is not involved, the Cardinals have another Tackle they have to purge--8 year veteran Anthony Clement who has been a starter for them but would be a back-up competing with McFarland, Gandy and others for a depth spot to replace Marcus Price.

I could see the trade being Henry and our second for their second, Clement and their 5th or 6th....

Clement has two years left on his deal and is a $2.4 million dollar cap hit..he would have to play for a lot lower figure (half) for this trade to happen...

So you really think a guy like TD is going to publicly say that Travis is worth more than a straight up trade for Shelton, has repeatedly said in the press that we're not going to trade him unless we get fair value for him, brought Shelton in for two days to Buffalo, and asked the Cards for Shelton and a swap of seconds, and THEN is going to just accept the trade of seconds for Henry? What kind of demented parallel universe is this supposed to happen in or are you living in?

It sounds fun. Insane, but fun.

How does that make you believe that Shelton IS NOT involved? All I've heard the last few days and weeks is that the Shelton deal is still on the table, and the Bills said that Shelton ALONE wouldnt be enough to get the trade done. Meaning they want LJ Shelton in addition to something else. Seems to me that if Kirwan is indeed correct, a deal has been worked out with Shelton and Henry involved.

More and more I am seeing reports with Shelton not being mentioned as part of the trade.  Green also alluded to this last week.  Sounds like the Bills have fallen out of favor on Shelton and maybe just looking for a trade of a pick for Henry. 

Humm...  thinking alound but maybe it Henry and our #2 for Arizona's #2.  So we basically are moving up 14 spots for Henry.    :lol:

296938[/snapback]

Why do you jump to that conclusion. I would not be surprised if we trade Henry for draft movement instead, but I will bet a 2nd Round moveup and a fourth rounder as a more likely trade.

What about the Ricky Williams trade?  Not from the Saints, but the trade that landed him on the Saints?

297018[/snapback]

I didn't think that was a bad trade. The Saints got a hell of a player, too bad he's a nutcase. If he had his head screwed on straight he might be mentioned with the all-time greats of the game. Giving up picks 1-7 is worth that in my mind. Let's put it this way. If you could draft Thurman Thomas' clone coming out of college in exchange for every draft pick in a draft would you do it? I sure would.

More and more I am seeing reports with Shelton not being mentioned as part of the trade.  Green also alluded to this last week.  Sounds like the Bills have fallen out of favor on Shelton and maybe just looking for a trade of a pick for Henry. 

296938[/snapback]

Kirwan was on Total Access tonight, he said the deal will be Henry for Shelton straight up and it will happen 1 or 2 days before the draft.

Don't forget that Arizona has eternally sucked. They will give up more for Henry than they should, Shelton will become a Pro Bowl OL, the 2nd Round pick we get from Arizona will become a Pro Bowler and Travis Henry will break his leg getting off the plane in Phoenix. I wish the Bills would hurry up and get this done before Arizona has even one second of clarity.

296938[/snapback]

Not possible. Donahoe would have taken Shelton before he was ready to settle for that crap.

296938[/snapback]

I don't see that happening. Not for 14 spots.