RIP Jessi Combs

/dev/null

I knew of her from several shows dealing with car modifications and the like.  I find this to be very sad news.  She was more than just a pretty face.  She really seemed to know what she was doing, which is more than I can say for a lot of the women that they put on shows like that.

3 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I knew of her from several shows dealing with car modifications and the like.  I find this to be very sad news.  She was more than just a pretty face.  She really seemed to know what she was doing, which is more than I can say for a lot of the women that they put on shows like that.

I used to watch her every weekend with Ian on Xtreme 4x4 which she eventually left and let him take on the show himself until a couple years ago. (Used to watch 'The Power Block' every weekend, mostly for Stacey David and Trucks, back before Danica Patrick was the host for the hour of the 2 shows)

Besides the one year of Myth Busters while Keri was on Maternity leave, she was also occasionally on Overhaulin' and part of another Car show with 2 over woman called 'All Girls Garage'

I was shocked to hear this morning what happened, it was all over facebook with posts from a few of the auto/offroad magazines, Mythbusters cast & show, and Richard from Gas monkey Garage (Fast & Loud Show)

She was very well known in the car/truck/motorsport world as a great fabricator and participant.

Many people have been saying that atleast she went out doing something she loved, trying to break a landspeed record in a rocket car (she already held the record for fastest woman at just under 400 mph).

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I used to watch her every weekend with Ian on Xtreme 4x4 which she eventually left and let him take on the show himself until a couple years ago. (Used to watch 'The Power Block' every weekend, mostly for Stacey David and Trucks, back before Danica Patrick was the host for the hour of the 2 shows)

Besides the one year of Myth Busters while Keri was on Maternity leave, she was also occasionally on Overhaulin' and part of another Car show with 2 over woman called 'All Girls Garage'

I was shocked to hear this morning what happened, it was all over facebook with posts from a few of the auto/offroad magazines, Mythbusters cast & show, and Richard from Gas monkey Garage (Fast & Loud Show)

She was very well known in the car/truck/motorsport world as a great fabricator and participant.

Many people have been saying that atleast she went out doing something she loved, trying to break a landspeed record in a rocket car (she already held the record for fastest woman at just under 400 mph).

Very good summary.  I also enjoy watching those shows.  I read that she left Xtreme 4x4 because she somehow hurt her back and was sidelined for a while.  Welding was one of her specialties, and she taught welding as well.  Such a shame. 

10 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Very good summary.  I also enjoy watching those shows.  I read that she left Xtreme 4x4 because she somehow hurt her back and was sidelined for a while.  Welding was one of her specialties, and she taught welding as well.  Such a shame. 

For some reason I thought she left Xtreme cause she wanted to get back into motorcross and other stuff and not do the show

Most of the hosts of those shows end up leaving after a while because they get tired of doing builds for shows that end up destroyed after or are for corporate show

Stacey David once said that he ended up only doing builds at the end of his time on Trucks for himself or friends that they own because he hated to see these vehicles destroyed after because the car makers couldn't resell them afterwards due to them being modified.

Jessi's former co-host Ian left Xtreme to focus on his own shop where he is starting a new show thats going to be available on Prime (US only), from what it sounded like, he was tired of doing the corporate builds also.

I read today that Richard from Gas Monkey had tried to hire Jessi in the past but she turned it down because she wanted to keep doing her own thing.

• 2 months later...

Cause of the crash...

Jessi Combs’ fatal high-speed crash was caused by “a mechanical failure of the front wheel, most likely caused from striking an object on the desert,” according to the Harney County Sheriff’s Office in Oregon. This information comes to us two months after Combs’ tragic accident on the dry lake bed of the Alvord Desert

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/11/04/jessi-combs-speed-record-crash-cause-wheel-failure/?yptr=yahoo