Joe in Winslow

***** neighbor rants

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

The bible also says if my brother dies that I have to bang his wife:

"Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother." (Mark 12:19)

Say it ain't so, Joe.  I want no piece of that!!!

Yes, it's called the kinsman redeemer. Interesting concept of you honestly look at it.

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

I've got a dude next door to me.  Won't mow his lawn.  WAY overgrown.  One quick phone call and now he's out there like Karl Childers whipping a slingblade (some folks call it a Sling-blade, I call it a Kaiser Blade. Mmm hmm),  around yelling something about "French fried taters."

Mmmm hmmm ... I reckon.

Only in South Jersey, I tell ya.

Not his lawn, you fool. His pastureland. For horses. 🙄

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Gugny said:

"Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother." (Mark 12:19)

That is Mosaic law and only applied to Jews.

Not relevant to anyone else, anymore than blood sacrifice or various diet rules.

The "love your neighbor" still applies though.

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, sherpa said:

That is Mosaic law and only applied to Jews.

Not relevant to anyone else, anymore than blood sacrifice or various diet rules.

The "love your neighbor" still applies though.

Kinsman redeemer is an interesting concept, though.

We live on six acres in the woods and can't even see our neighbors. It's like heaven...

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Leviticus 20:21
If a man has marital relations with his brother’s wife, it is indecency. He has exposed his brother’s nakedness; they will be childless.

500 years ago these contradictory Bible passages set in motion events that shaped the world we live in

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Leviticus 20:21
If a man has marital relations with his brother’s wife, it is indecency. He has exposed his brother’s nakedness; they will be childless.

500 years ago these contradictory Bible passages set in motion events that shaped the world we live in

Meaning his LIVING brother. But you knew that.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Meaning his LIVING brother. 

How do you know?

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I've actually read it? :lol:

I believe you!  But how do you know what the author of this passage (the one that says banging your sister in law is a no-no) meant?

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I believe you!  But how do you know what the author of this passage (the one that says banging your sister in law is a no-no) meant?

You can ask that same question to about 90% of the posts on this site.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Whatnot78 said:

You can ask that same question to about 90% of the posts on this site.

But (hopefully) people don't shape their lives and make decisions and judge others based upon 90% of the posts on this site.

Just now, Gugny said:

But (hopefully) people don't shape their lives and make decisions and judge others based upon 90% of the posts on this site.

Agreed, but I do question that sometimes (not directed at you)...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Context my man. Context.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Context my man. Context.

In what context does it make sense that a woman gets pregnant without *****?

15 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

The guy who wrote the Bible didn't have neighbors.

My neighbors are Chinese family of 6 living in a 2 bedroom that drive Lyft and Uber all day long dad and kids. Someone said the mom owns a massage parlor... But I don't know if that's true or not.

You could give Kraft a call, he could confirm the mom's business.......

Posted (edited)

I think I've ranted above this before...

Next door neighbor is a complete slob and I have no idea why they own a house.  Old pieces of a swing set in a flower bed(which are just filled with weeds), sh*t all over the deck, cuts his grass maybe once a month, garage filled front to back with crap(they have never used it for one of their cars)and my favorite...had an above ground pool put in 4-5 years ago.  As the installers always do, they bring in a bobcat to skim and level the ground.  They always leave the pile of dirt behind, and it's your job to spread it around, or get rid of it.  Fast forward 4-5 years, the moron left the pile of dirt right where the installer left it next to the pool...it is now covered in weeds, and actually has a small tree growing out of it....and oh by the way, I think they f***ed up the liner in the pool, as it got uncovered around the 4th of July, but never opened beyond that. 

These are the kind of people that belong in a trashy apartment complex...or a house in one of the trashy areas of the city. Not sure why they ever bought a house to begin with.  I've given up and will be planting privet or something else that can grow 10-15' high and block the view of this from my deck.  Don't care as much in the winter time.

Edited by LabattBlue

16 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Bible says we're supposed to love our neighbors, but mine go out of the way to make it difficult. 

New neighbors (like four months in the neighborhood new) call code enforcement on our pastureland for being overgrown. Not even adjacent to their property. Consequence? Using a scythe to cut it down (two acres) before COB tomorrow. 

Don't even know the woman, but I hate her already. Let's hear about your ***** neighbors.

You have pastureland?  Are you grazing sheep?

35 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You have pastureland?  Are you grazing sheep?

Horses

17 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Horses

Horses like mowed pastures.

My previous neighbors were the most obnoxious slobs out there.  Can't believe they were next door 10 years.  My castle felt like my hell hole.  They got evicted and house sat vacant 2 years, some of the best 2 years I've been there.  Now all re-habed, a young couple owns it.  The guy is out of down 3 weeks a month, and she goes lives with her mother those 3 weeks.

The only problem now.............. I'm jealous, this guys toy collection is huge.  2-3 collector cars, RV, ATV, snow mobile, Harley

Parking a boat directly across from my driveway every single day and then continuing to do so after the HOA told them no boats on the street.

6 minutes ago, shrader said:

Parking a boat directly across from my driveway every single day and then continuing to do so after the HOA told them no boats on the street.

On-street parking in my neighborhood really pisses me off.  You have a driveway; use it.  I get when there is company, etc., but we have a few residents who park on the road daily.  It's like going through a ***** maze to get out of the neighborhood.

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Horses like mowed pastures.

Your lengthy equine husbandry history tell you that?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Your lengthy equine husbandry history tell you that?

Reported for saying I married a horse.