Bills Training Camp Day 10 (8/5)

11 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Thad Brown has been tough on Josh Allen since they drafted him.

Sounds like Allen has struggled in red zone work, but I am guessing they dont want him running the ball during these reps. That takes away his biggest advantage in the red zone and if the defense knows he isn't running kind of tips the scales in the favor of the defense

Which is the point of practice, right? At this time of the year the simple installation of the system is done. Now is the perfect time to practice things that have given Allen problems in the past.

And they are trying to hard code in that running is the last ditch option

37 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

LT never caught more than 16 passes in a season at TCU. 

Lawrence Taylor was a running back in college? ?

Seriously though, I never understood why Tomlinson couldn't find an original nickname.

Edited by vincec

12 hours ago, njbuff said:

Does anyone remember players being banged up like this in the old days?

Cause I don't remember. And those guys did two-a-days.

Maybe these guys are in TOO good a shape entering camp and the hot weather makes these guys more susceptible to injuries. While in the past, the players used to use TC as the way to get into shape. Maybe that is the difference in today's world. I don't know.

Players get injured every year. Even worse than this year. We just forget.

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Soooo  if they don't return to SJF.....   No more Astro????

I assume the public will get to attend some camp at OBD. Especially if they use the stadium. 

11 hours ago, CNY315 said:

Day 10 offensive MVP: QB Josh Allen — The quarterback provided a firm answer after a pair of challenging practices. Most importantly, he didn’t try to force a throw that wasn’t there, which has led to some problems in previous practices.

I think we all better wrap our heads around this. It’s how he plays football. He knows he possess an absolute cannon and his confidence in his abilities weren’t dampened at all with 9 starts in his rookie season. Think Favre -and to a much lesser degree, Fitz. Will he continue to work on his footwork and body position throughout his career? Assuredly. ALL the other tools anyone dreams of in a QB, he has in Spades. He already has 2 come from behind wins, and he’ll likely have 40 before a long & healthy career comes to an end. Will he also lose a couple via ‘WTF? throws’ in critical situations? Assuredly. Ya can’t have Tyrod & Farve in one. It’s 2 entirely different makeups.

Get used to it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Players get injured every year. Even worse than this year. We just forget.

I assume the public will get to attend some camp at OBD. Especially if they use the stadium. 

Even if they do, I don’t know if Astro will do his notes. At least not every practice. I believe one of the reasons that he does it is because he lives so close to SJF. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Which is the point of practice, right? At this time of the year the simple installation of the system is done. Now is the perfect time to practice things that have given Allen problems in the past.

And they are trying to hard code in that running is the last ditch option

Its exactly the point of practice, you should always work on things that need improving or want to improve or even test out.

But it would be naive to believe the defense doesn't take advantage of this knowledge especially when it comes to red zone work with a smaller field to work with

For red zone work in practice, in my opinion seeing how often the offense converts and not turn the ball over would be a much better statistic to evaluate Allen and the offense

38 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I was speaking to the daily access at camp for a person living in Rochester traveling to Buffalo almost daily to make these reports. 

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Even if they do, I don’t know if Astro will do his notes. At least not every practice. I believe one of the reasons that he does it is because he lives so close to SJF. 

Yolo gets it 

27 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I think we all better wrap our heads around this. It’s how he plays football. He knows he possess an absolute cannon and his confidence in his abilities weren’t dampened at all with 9 starts in his rookie season. Think Favre -and to a much lesser degree, Fitz. Will he continue to work on his footwork and body position throughout his career? Assuredly. ALL the other tools anyone dreams of in a QB, he has in Spades. He already has 2 come from behind wins, and he’ll likely have 40 before a long & healthy career comes to an end. Will he also lose a couple via ‘WTF? throws’ in critical situations? Assuredly. Ya can’t have Tyrod & Farve in one. It’s 2 entirely different makeups.

Get used to it.

Darn right.

Get used to the good Josh, bad Josh show.  That's who he is, and you know what? That's who you WANT him to be.  The great thing about a kid like Josh is that he's got the makeup to make enough plays to outweigh any bad things he does.

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Darn right.

Get used to the good Josh, bad Josh show.  That's who he is, and you know what? That's who you WANT him to be.  The great thing about a kid like Josh is that he's got the makeup to make enough plays to outweigh any bad things he does.

And even though he can't necessarily control himself, he knows what the bad plays are and will presumably learn from that as he goes along.  But no Bills fan should ever want Josh to lose the killer instinct and big play mentality.

"No biscuit if you don't risk it."

• Thank you (+1) 1