Democrat Debates

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So if I was running for President (or dog catcher) and my campaign manager came to me and said "this is what's on your agenda today."  My response would be "no it's not" 

Just think, he probably attended a rehearsal or two before the big show.

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So if I was running for President (or dog catcher) and my campaign manager came to me and said "this is what's on your agenda today."  My response would be "no it's not" 

Considering the current state of society, I'm not sure whether this footage will boost, or harm, his candidacy.

Edited by 32ABBA

CORN, POPPED: Michael Bloomberg Makes It to the Debate Stage. He May Regret It.

The brief against Bloomberg is significant, and his advisers know this as well as anyone. In preparation for the debate, advisers have been hurling mock rejoinders and pointed questions at Bloomberg about his record both as mayor and as head of a vast media and financial data empire that made him into one of the richest people on the planet.

During Bloomberg’s tenure as mayor in New York, for instance, policing practices known as “stop and frisk” were widely criticized for disproportionally targeting minorities. Now, Bloomberg apologizes for not sooner acting to end the policies that were in place when he became mayor and escalated on his watch. He has also apologized for comments that seemed to suggest that when banks ended discriminatory practices that denied housing loans to minorities — shorthanded as “redlining” — it helped fuel the 2008 economic meltdown.

Bloomberg can also anticipate sharp critiques for how his business has treated employees. Rivals have been studying lawsuits and news reports about a highly controlled culture that could seem out-of-step with today’s standards. Bloomberg is sensitive to questions about his wealth and privately held business, so candidates have been reading up on both — especially any with interests in China’s economy.

The pile-on has already started.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

"MIKE WILL GET IT DONE." What is "IT"?  I put that crap in the basket of deplorable slogans such as "YES WE CAN", "I'M WITH HER" and "HOPE AND CHANGE".

They just left out the "SH"

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

CORN, POPPED: Michael Bloomberg Makes It to the Debate Stage. He May Regret It.

The brief against Bloomberg is significant, and his advisers know this as well as anyone. In preparation for the debate, advisers have been hurling mock rejoinders and pointed questions at Bloomberg about his record both as mayor and as head of a vast media and financial data empire that made him into one of the richest people on the planet.

During Bloomberg’s tenure as mayor in New York, for instance, policing practices known as “stop and frisk” were widely criticized for disproportionally targeting minorities. Now, Bloomberg apologizes for not sooner acting to end the policies that were in place when he became mayor and escalated on his watch. He has also apologized for comments that seemed to suggest that when banks ended discriminatory practices that denied housing loans to minorities — shorthanded as “redlining” — it helped fuel the 2008 economic meltdown.

Bloomberg can also anticipate sharp critiques for how his business has treated employees. Rivals have been studying lawsuits and news reports about a highly controlled culture that could seem out-of-step with today’s standards. Bloomberg is sensitive to questions about his wealth and privately held business, so candidates have been reading up on both — especially any with interests in China’s economy.

The pile-on has already started.

As it turns out, people who have measurable accomplishments have more to defend, the politicians who have simply built a resume by winning elections and showing up (or if they lose, having a buddy appoint them to another resume line item job).  Those that have done little or nothing have nothing to defend. 

• Like (+1) 1

....now what Mike???.........perhaps "honesty ain't YOUR policy"??.................

Bloomberg once praised Trump as a 'great guy,' referred to himself as 'big fan' of future POTUS

Long before former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg launched his campaign to defeat President Trump in 2020, he offered praise for the fellow billionaire as a "great guy" and someone he considers himself to be a "big fan" of.

In a resurfaced clip ahead of the 2012 election, Bloomberg was asked on "Good Morning America" about Trump's potential presidential bid, something the then-reality show star didn't pursue until the 2016 election.

"America's a wonderful country. Everybody who's born here and is over 35 has the opportunity," Bloomberg jokingly began.

He continued, "I know Donald Trump. He's a great guy. He doesn't do everything he says, but he sure tries. And I'm a big fan of Donald Trump."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/michael-bloomberg-trump-great-guy-big-fan

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

Sanders opens right up on Bloomberg's stop-and-frisk for black and brown people.

Also, free stuff for everybody.

BOOM.

Warren hits Bloomberg for calling women "fat broads and horse-faced lesbians."

I'll keep the quotes going while you go pop some corn.

/

• Haha (+1) 3

I was going to switch to the Trump rally but this may be a better “Trump” rally.

It is a genuine slugfest! They're all amped-up to the max. May be some blood on the floor before it's over.

Pete says a lot of words to say nothing.

Biden doesn’t want to jump in. He’s keeping his yap shut.

• Like (+1) 2