Democrat Debates

15 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

You're accepting that talking point line that the President was referring to "where they came from" as being their home country.  Did it ever occur to you that he's actually talking about their congressional District?  Or did that escape you?  In the case of Rep Cummings, we're all being told he's talking about Baltimore.  Are you saying he was talking about AFRICA?

I wondered this too.  I have not heard a single person take on this point.

14 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

I wondered this too.  I have not heard a single person take on this point.

There were pages on it. But just above your post is this. 

He didn’t say they came from cities or districts that were corrupt. He said countries. 

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Like (+1) 1

Why go to the trouble of running for president to promote ideas that can’t work?

Washington Post, by Editorial

Original Article

“I DON’T understand why anybody goes to all the trouble of running for president of the United States just to talk about what we really can’t do and shouldn’t fight for,” Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) said Tuesday night, in the most notable zinger of July’s Democratic presidential primary debate. “I get a little bit tired of Democrats afraid of big ideas,” Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), the other major candidate on the field’s left wing, piled on.

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Doesn't equal, I agree. Polls have flaws. But they're also probably the strongest indicator we have.

Honest question though -- how can you trust polls after 2016, let alone all we've seen for the past two years. For two years, the media and establishment complex has been pushing that anyone who supports Trump is a racist, bigot, Nazi, Putin supporter... 

Do you think that kind of sustained media attack makes people more likely to tell the truth about their intent to vote for Trump to pollsters, or less likely? 

The numbers are much, much bigger than you think in terms of Trump support because so many people have decided (rightfully) that they'll just keep quiet until November 2020 and vote with their ballot, not their mouth. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Honest question though -- how can you trust polls after 2016, let alone all we've seen for the past two years. For two years, the media and establishment complex has been pushing that anyone who supports Trump is a racist, bigot, Nazi, Putin supporter... 

Do you think that kind of sustained media attack makes people more likely to tell the truth about their intent to vote for Trump to pollsters, or less likely? 

The numbers are much, much bigger than you think in terms of Trump support because so many people have decided (rightfully) that they'll just keep quiet until November 2020 and vote with their ballot, not their mouth. 

..in the meantime, let the "Circular Firing Squad Show" continue............very constructive....

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Do you think that kind of media attacks makes people more likely to tell the truth about their intent to vote for Trump to pollsters, or less likely? 

Another enormous letdown for Tibs coming on the morning following Election Day 2020.  

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I have a MAGA hat. One of 6 that I bought for myself and relatives back before the 2016 election. I have never worn it because there is no purpose to causing idiots to confront me. If someone tries to poll me I'll decline to do so. I'm confident that I'll be quietly celebrating in November of 2020. I wonder how many others feel this way?

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I have a MAGA hat. One of 6 that I bought for myself and relatives back before the 2016 election. I have never worn it because there is no purpose to causing idiots to confront me. If someone tries to poll me I'll decline to do so. I'm confident that I'll be quietly celebrating in November of 2020. I wonder how many others feel this way?

I just bought the straws...not only because everyone on the left is out of their minds, but also because I needed some decent plastic straws.

• Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Historically polls have been pretty accurate.

Plus, polls weren't all that off in 2016. It's just that they were a representation of the popular vote and it was the electoral vote that got Trump into office.

I see. So you suspect polls are lying because people lie and it would be closet case Trump voters doing the lying.

Interesting.

I wonder if that would be your suspicion if Trump were ahead in the polls...

You should go to Vegas.

You could become rich.

Like Marty McFly's entire downfall was that he needed a book. You don't need one. In 30 years you could have your own DerangedRhino town.

Think about it :flirt:

2 minutes ago, Whatnot78 said:

I just bought the straws...not only because everyone on the left is out of their minds, but also because I needed some decent plastic straws.

Do you live near the coast where you can easily dispose them?