Will Gore Move into third place in Carries/Yards?

1 minute ago, Rocket94 said:

Probably! why not....what the heck! 

Ken Arthur    Sports On Earth June 26, 2015

..."After the 53 year-old Walker said on the radio a week ago that he could still play in the league, Atlanta coach Dan Quinn, perhaps a bit too excited to have full control over a team, invited Walker to come to Falcons training camp."....

Is Herschel Walker Serious?

If you're a longtime NFL fan, then the following piece of information from Wikipedia should blow your mind, perhaps more than any football news you could have imagined. More than the idea that Tim Tebow could start for the Eagles this year, more than the idea that Tom Brady is a cheater, more than the notion that Los Angeles will go from zero teams to two.

"Herschel Walker (born March 3, 1962) is a current professional football player for the Atlanta Falcons."

What?

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/132972340/herschel-walker-comeback-attempt-falcons-53

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...didn't Herschel Walker talk about a comeback at 53?..........

Walker is also kinda crazy.  He definitely was a physically freak, and though I was super young, I remember his nfl career being a disappointment.  He’s like the old guy at the park who thinks these young pinks can’t do it as good as him and then gets destroyed if he actually plays.

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Walker is also kinda crazy.  He definitely was a physically freak, and though I was super young, I remember his nfl career being a disappointment.  He’s like the old guy at the park who thinks these young pinks can’t do it as good as him and then gets destroyed if he actually plays.

....good call....only had two 1,000 yd seasons in 11 years with NFL......

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WalkHe00.htm

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....good call....only had two 1,000 yd seasons in 11 years with NFL......

He was never the player that he was hyped to be out of Georgia. He seemed to translate in to a dependable all purpose back...break a good run occasionally. I remember that he had a daily push up regimen of several thousand a day.

...thread title made me nervous.....thought we had signed Al...forgot about Frank.......but Frank is still a beast at 36 and I don't recall any major injuries in his career (correct me if wrong)...if he stays healthy and produces, why not take it one year at a time?.....despite being 3 years younger but also with an ACL tear, who penciled in AD to tally 1,024 yds rushing last year for vet minimum?.....as far as Emmitt, think he should have retired as a Cowgirl versus prolonging career with 'Zona gig....go out on top Frank and you'll know when...good luck in 2019....:thumbsup:.

8 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

He was never the player that he was hyped to be out of Georgia. He seemed to translate in to a dependable all purpose back...break a good run occasionally. I remember that he had a daily push up regimen of several thousand a day.

....maybe a portion of the hype was him being a bonafide track star who ALSO played football.....

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...thread title made me nervous.....thought we had signed Al...forgot about Frank.......but Frank is still a beast at 36 and I don't recall any major injuries in his career (correct me if wrong)...if he stays healthy and produces, why not take it one year at a time?.....despite being 3 years younger but also with an ACL tear, who penciled in AD to tally 1,024 yds rushing last year for vet minimum?.....as far as Emmitt, think he should have retired as a Cowgirl versus prolonging career with 'Zona gig....go out on top Frank and you'll know when...good luck in 2019....:thumbsup:.

....maybe a portion of the hype was him being a bonafide track star who ALSO played football.....

That's right...he was a track star. I remember ESPN hyping him up. At the time it appeared he was going to shatter all kinds of records. Walker did have a few good statistical years...would have to look them up. 

1 minute ago, Rocket94 said:

That's right...he was a track star. I remember ESPN hyping him up. At the time it appeared he was going to shatter all kinds of records. Walker did have a few good statistical years...would have to look them up. 

.only had two 1,000 yd seasons in 11 years with NFL......

21 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Big year with Dallas in 1988, then Philly. Thanks for looking that up!

...cannot really count his NJ Generals stats because the USFL talent level was suspect (and subsequently folded)...........

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...cannot really count his NJ Generals stats because the USFL talent level was suspect (and subsequently folded)...........

Ha! Good ole USFL.

Just now, Rocket94 said:

Ha! Good ole USFL.

Do you remember the story...I don't know how true it is...the secretary that allowed a call to the Bills office for Jim Kelly? I guess it allowed Kelly to sign with the Houston Gamblers and leave town! 

17 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Gore may not even make the team imho.

...I think Frank makes it on his grit, guts, determination , leadership as well as what he will achieve on the ground......maybe Shady should follow Frank's lead...just sayin'......

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rocket94 said:

Back then a puff piece from Sports Illustrated made a college kid into some mythical god, Ralph Sampson was another 

of course they they couldn’t live up to it in the pros, all such foolishness.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Back then a puff piece from Sports Illustrated made a college kid into some mythical god, Ralph Sampson was another 

of course they they couldn’t live up to it in the pros, all such foolishness.

I remember that too. That's all we really had back then. Early ESPN, magazines or having to wait for the evening news sports. Sampson turned out to be average as well.

37 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I remember that too. That's all we really had back then. Early ESPN, magazines or having to wait for the evening news sports. Sampson turned out to be average as well.

Ralph didn’t want to bothered by other people at all, that’s a hindrance to stardom 

Things were simple when the whole media was one sports magazine and 3 networks, and they had nobody to remotely oppose their biased views