Favorite old time comedy act?

"Burns and Allen" should at least get mention here.    Individually, Groucho Marx was as quick as they come.

Almost all of the acts mentioned above, had great runs and were staples of comedy.   Hard to pick just one.

Edited by Greybeard
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Easy, the Marx Brothers

Crowded Cabin

Oh hell, you’ve got to include Groucho ordering food from the steward just prior to this. 

G:  “Do you have any stewed prunes?”

S:  “Yes, sir.”

G:  “Well give them some black coffee, that ought to sober them up.”

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

"Burns and Allen" should at least get mention here.    Individually, Groucho Marx was as quick as they come.

Almost all of the acts mentioned above, had great runs and were staples of comedy.   Hard to pick just one.

Loved Groucho. My favorite Groucho story comes from when he hosted the game show, ‘You Bet Your Life.’ He asked a women contestant how many kids she had and she said, “11.”

Groucho: “Why so many?” 

Women: “My husband loves kids.”

Groucho: “Well, I love my cigar, but I take it out of my mouth once in a while.” 

He was as sharp and quick as any in history.

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Loved Groucho. My favorite Groucho story comes from when he hosted the game show, ‘You Bet Your Life.’ He asked a women contestant how many kids she had and she said, “11.”

Groucho: “Why so many?” 

Women: “My husband loves kids.”

Groucho: “Well, I love my cigar, but I take it out of my mouth once in a while.” 

He was as sharp and quick as any in history.

I've read this story was actually a myth. There's no record of it and he denied it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I've read this story was actually a myth. There's no record of it and he denied it.

Is that right? Never knew that. Part of me is disappointed to find that out. Oh well. Learn something new every day. Appreciate the edification. 

Edited by K-9

16 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Oh hell, you’ve got to include Groucho ordering food from the steward just prior to this. 

G:  “Do you have any stewed prunes?”

S:  “Yes, sir.”

G:  “Well give them some black coffee, that ought to sober them up.”

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. 

• Haha (+1) 1